[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

1 minute ago, Gazelli said:

"Activity:

• (YUBELL) has been awarded the activity win against the Spartan Warriors in NU1. The D-O-G decided with a vote that Yub was making a stronger attempt to schedule this match and deserved the win for his effort. There was controversy involving the time that was agreed upon by Yub and Gazelli, including the possibility of an altered post in their private pm, but regardless Gazelli gave little effort to ensure this match was taking place on Sunday when he was available, even when Yub told him he was unavailable on that day. Per the D-O-G vote, Yubell wins. There will be no suspensions because Spart offered a sub, but unfortunately the sub wasn't available until 4am Yub's time and it was just too late."

@DoubleJ

I find this pretty fucking hilarious considering Jostarr wasn't going to be awarded a win for making the "stronger" attempt to contact his opponent. Regardless of jostarr not creating a pm, gary made no effort at all to schedule a match. Nonetheless, I just couldn't play Thursday-Saturday because I had been busy visiting friends the whole of that week. Which is why I tried to reschedule for Sunday, since it was the day I got back. I was available from 6:30 pm gmt onwards on Sunday, so I don't see how him not being able to play gave him the activity win. Coincidence how he happened to not be able to play on one of the few days I was available. Moreover I had contacted him earlier this week through PM ingame, and he hadn't responded at all, so if anything, we made an equal attempt to schedule the match, and we couldn't schedule a match because we were both busy when the other person was free. If anything, this should be a no contest. 

Even with a no contest, which would be close to impossible to get from a biased host, we wouldn't tie. But this whole "stronger attempt" and "little effort" bullshit is completely subjective. Couldn't care less anymore. He was the one who pussied out.

Sorry brah, it's not just my decision. We assembled a "small council" consisting of OrangeManiac, Gunthug, and myself. There was a vote, and the win was awarded to Yubell. You should have put in more effort, as stated, in your pm with Yub. Private pm's are the only evidence I use to make my decisions, as screenshots are easily photoshopped and they are not time dated. Regardless, there was very little response from you in that pm and there was a belief that you had edited a post, which Yub didn't notice believing the match was Saturday. This is just one of those tough cases. Next time try and schedule early on in the week and just have a good time. In regards to Garyy and Jostarr, they actually played their match and Jostarr won. 

Hope you had fun with your friends. 

2 hours ago, Gazelli said:

"Activity:

• (YUBELL) has been awarded the activity win against the Spartan Warriors in NU1. The D-O-G decided with a vote that Yub was making a stronger attempt to schedule this match and deserved the win for his effort. There was controversy involving the time that was agreed upon by Yub and Gazelli, including the possibility of an altered post in their private pm, but regardless Gazelli gave little effort to ensure this match was taking place on Sunday when he was available, even when Yub told him he was unavailable on that day. Per the D-O-G vote, Yubell wins. There will be no suspensions because Spart offered a sub, but unfortunately the sub wasn't available until 4am Yub's time and it was just too late."

@DoubleJ

I find this pretty fucking hilarious considering Jostarr wasn't going to be awarded a win for making the "stronger" attempt to contact his opponent. Regardless of jostarr not creating a pm, gary made no effort at all to schedule a match. Nonetheless, I just couldn't play Thursday-Saturday because I had been busy visiting friends the whole of that week. Which is why I tried to reschedule for Sunday, since it was the day I got back. I was available from 6:30 pm gmt onwards on Sunday, so I don't see how him not being able to play gave him the activity win. Coincidence how he happened to not be able to play on one of the few days I was available. Moreover I had contacted him earlier this week through PM ingame, and he hadn't responded at all, so if anything, we made an equal attempt to schedule the match, and we couldn't schedule a match because we were both busy when the other person was free. If anything, this should be a no contest. 

Even with a no contest, which would be close to impossible to get from a biased host, we wouldn't tie. But this whole "stronger attempt" and "little effort" bullshit is completely subjective. Couldn't care less anymore. He was the one who pussied out.

To be fair, the JJs post wasn't really the reason why I decided to vote to give the match to Yubel. Here is my reasoning:

"This might spark some controversy but I would give this one to Yubel. Yubel gets my point for initiative to host a match. Gazelli himself particularly suggested Saturday which Yubel agreed on. Who fucking knows, he might have planned accordingly his weekend and suddenly he sees that Gazelli in fact edits his post saying Sunday. That's really stupid from his side. If he immediately sent a new message saying that "oh shit, I meant Sunday not Saturday" then I would give Gazelli a pass if the post was made soon enough and because Yubel would have got a notification about Gazelli's message so he would have been clearly aware Gazelli wants Sunday. Edited posts give no notifications and therefor Yubel could have not known in any way that Sunday was now the one under discussion. I'll give Gazelli the benefit of the doubt that the post edit was because of no malicious intent whatsoever but still because of the fact Yubel lived the whole situation under the impression that Saturday was what they were aiming for and Gazelli didn't do his own part to correct his mistake. For these reasons I would give this one to Yubel."

3 hours ago, DoctorPBC said:

Dude, you literally edited your PM to make it seem like Yubell missed your battle time. If anyone was trying to uguu out it was u m8

If I really wanted to uguu out I wouldn't have showed up Sunday, the only day I was available to play. I posted for Saturday because I thought I would've been able to make it on time. But I had reached home at 2 in the morning and there was simply no time. Moreover, I had no idea yubell couldn't play sunday until I woke up. Fuckin 5 hour time difference from where I live, so everything was happening when I was asleep. 

Yes it was my fault for editing the post instead of explaining. But I would not edit with the intention of trying to get an activity win. I simply couldn't play at all from Thursday through Saturday. 

Tis fine tho. We're gonna win PSL anyway. 

5 hours ago, DaftCoolio said:

lmao this scum

he's just defending his case, why'd you have to call him scum though -.-

5 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Sorry brah, it's not just my decision. We assembled a "small council" consisting of OrangeManiac, Gunthug, and myself. There was a vote, and the win was awarded to Yubell.

But jj, why does the " small council " have to be you and orange? You're both players in PSL, your decisions can be obviously biased. 

Even a coin flip would have been fair at this point.

All this time, I thought the week ended 5-3, so I didn't believe this activity win was a big deal, but it was fucking 5-4!!! Can we please get some common sense from the host? We got a week where nothing is going to happen. Why not give Yubel and Kaerodactyl an extension? If YUBEL wants that best NU player award, he needs to earn it. If Caterpies want to win the week, they should earn that win. Both Yubel and Gaz dodged their duels, that much is clear, so why would one be rewarded for doing so and the other punished. Cmon. This is complete bullshit. All the community wants to see the duel, give the people that donated for this event what they asked for.

10 minutes ago, gbwead said:

All this time, I thought the week ended 5-3, so I didn't believe this activity win was a big deal, but it was fucking 5-4!!! Can we please get some common sense from the host? We got a week where nothing is going to happen. Why not give Yubel and Kaerodactyl an extension? If YUBEL wants that best NU player award, he needs to earn it. If Caterpies want to win the week, they should earn that win. Both Yubel and Gaz dodged their duels, that much is clear, so why would one be rewarded for doing so and the other punished. Cmon. This is complete bullshit. All the community wants to see the duel, give the people that donated for this event what they asked for.

I got you, here is the replay of the battle which secretly happened :

Giving an activity loss to Spartacus instead of a no contest could matter in the end.

If The Outraging Lions end up losing week 5, week 6 and week 7, they would end up with a (1-6-0) score.

If the Kakuna Matatas tie against the Spartan Warriors in week 5 and then both Kakuna Matatas and Spartan Warriors win in week 6 and week 7, they would both end up with a (2-4-1) score. They would therefore both be fighting for the 6th spot in playoffs. The activity loss this week could make all the difference and Kakuna Matatas would go throught based on a nothing more than some lack of judgement from JJ. The worse part in this unlikely scenario is that Tor would win 9 fuckign millions. We can't let that happen.

4 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

But jj, why does the " small council " have to be you and orange? You're both players in PSL, your decisions can be obviously biased. 

Even a coin flip would have been fair at this point.

Petition to keep host from playing in the future PSL? I mean, when the host is also a player, shits are bounded to be biased and shady. Keeping the host and his "council" from playing wouldn't help avoid bias completely, but it'd help. 

Yes I just assumed gender. Sue me.

5 hours ago, Lazaro23 said:

Him and Yubel set a time in there pm. Gaz missed the time and then went back into the pm and edited the time to one that suited him and yubel couldnt make. He then pretended like he hadn't edited it. Seems like a scum thing to do. 

PSL Midseason best line-up :

Manager :

giantpipe (4-0)

OU :
Schuchty (4-0)
enchanteur (4-0)
Kriliin (4-0)

UU :
Guerinf (4-0)
Osuki (4-0)

NU :
SejuaniSupport (3-1)