[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

I mean, you gave Giantpipe the #1 pick for 17k...

and a draft pick, the pick i wanted

and yeah  i just checked the draaft from last season, lmao the first 16 picked did more or less nothing for their team including people such as (Shock, Night, TJ, and Fabbro) its the middle of the draft that wins these things and i set myself with the chance to have the best auction

1 minute ago, Torinnnnn said:

and a draft pick, the pick i wanted

and yeah  i just checked the draaft from last season, lmao the first 16 picked did more or less nothing for their team including people such as (Shock, Night, TJ, and Fabbro) its the middle of the draft that wins these things and i set myself with the chance to have the best auction

B-but the first picked players of previous seasons were not supposed to be the best players, it's a totally different system.

I don't understand the hate. Imo 1st for 5th+ 17k is a good trade, I'd take it every time. Trading 20k for 16th place I'm not sure about it as I haven't really looked at the the sign up sheet or done the math but both seem like fine deals to me. Half of the time the big names choke anyway getting a bunch of the 16-30th ranked players doesn't sound bad at all.

3 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

At the very least it gives us something to talk about other than VGC circlejerk 

but srs, any recommendations on resources to start learning VGC? I typically smogon not used to standard format

with new tiers i find it best to just grab a sample team and play, see what other people are doing and steal there shit