[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

I actually like the manager choices a lot. Kay is obvious pick, retaining his position, Lion just had to be there as the most successful manager in PSL history, without GB the #biasedhost would have too easy life, Tor showed a lot of dedication and he's active like fuck, I don't even imagine not picking Pipe. Spart was soo close last season to get the manager spot and I'm sure he's gonna bring competition unseen in PSL ever before. I'm on the line with Eric and Coolio- as much as I like Eric that much I'm unsure if he actually will be able to stay active throught the season and he's a mystery but application was really convincing + I love seeing some fresh blood. I would much rather want to see LifeStyle in one of those spots but I guess the hostrio did not want to lose an elite NU player from the playerpool.

I'm largely disappointed though in not picking VGC this season. Last time it was just a meme, but this year's VGC is a truly competitive tier with a huge amount of viable strategies and only poke which you actually see often is Arcanine. I doubt we even have recognized players who actively compete in S/M OU (aside from Kimi who's replays were quite impressive).

But I'm even more disappointed in team names this season, can't we like extract credits for shit team name?

Edited by RysPicz

Team names are even worse than last PSL, and this knowing I said last PSL that I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit better team names.....

smh

I like most of the managers that were chosen, I'm pretty sure JJ selected also a bit of flame, banter and trash(talk) managers since last PSL was so peaceful.

tl;dr Kay draft me I'll carry again like last year

Edited by Tranzmaster

Hello everyone , first time psl. My englis is suck and i have some questions. Looks like here is correct place.

What i can/must share at this thread? 

And i didnt like the player trades at end of season. Example, a team already lost ,and they sending their best player to another team. This looks wrong tho idk.

And i read somethings like "i choosed player A last season, but he didnt want to play" , is this okay? If not okay, that kind of players must banned?

And i must say my personal opinions about managers? Is this ethic? I mean, if u made player signup, you must play with every manager who chooses you, right?

I hope my questions were understandable. Thanks for reading.

Edited by FinnTheMember
43 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

Hello everyone , first time psl. My englis is suck and i have some questions. Looks like here is correct place.

And i didnt like the player trades at end of season. Example, a team already lost ,and they sending their best player to another team. This looks wrong tho idk.

And i read somethings like "i choosed player A last season, but he didnt want to play" , is this okay? If not okay, that kind of players must banned?

And i must say my personal opinions about managers? Is this ethic? I mean, if u made player signup, you must play with every manager who chooses you, right?

I didn't like the trades at the end of the season either, but unfortunately we didn't see that happening ahead of time to prevent it. It is not okay if a player refuses to play, I think every time a player has done that he has been banned from PSL for a season. I would hope the player would play for every team. 

52 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

There's been some big restrictions on trading which helps with your first question.

The biggest change I believe is we can no longer trade after mid season, which is usually the time some teams admit defeat and let their players go off to teams looking more hopeful.

Secondly, there is a new system put in place where the top 2 teams will get first round byes in playoffs then the 4 teams below will have to fight the 1st round. These changes are big because considering we only have 8 teams, this means pretty much every team should have a chance until the last week(unless only one team does extremely bad lol) which should mean no manager will feel the need to let his players go since they shouldn't lose hope. Additionally, last season there was very little use for having a better seeding in playoffs, in fact, I believe the lower seeders were better off, so I'm very happy to see the top 2 teams get first round byes.

Lastly, there is a new strict rule put in place to make sure all trades are relatively equal(there was on last season, but it was more judgement on the host's part rather than actual numbers and percentages). Trades are now capped at a 25% restriction(from auction sell price).

Here's the link for the full rules.

Thanks for answers.

And also, i can see now how hard to organise this event with every detail and with people around the world. I guess the only thing i can say to people who host and help and support is; " You guys do amazing job". I have no experience or no idea about Psl yet. But i joined to signups for experience this competitive arena. I hope will be enjoyable. Good luck and have fun to all partipiciants.

13 minutes ago, FinnTheMember said:

Thanks for answers.

And also, i can see now how hard to organise this event with every detail and with people around the world. I guess the only thing i can say to people who host and help and support is; " You guys do amazing job". I have no experience or no idea about Psl yet. But i joined to signups for experience this competitive arena. I hope will be enjoyable. Good luck and have fun to all partipiciants.

izaya > shizuo

On 1/6/2017 at 11:12 PM, DoubleJ said:

Managers: They're Here!

1. KaynineXL - VALE
  2. TheFireLion - The Outraging Lions
  3. Gbwead - Top Keckleon
  4. SpartacusGD - Spartan Warriors
  5. Torinnnnn - Kakuna Matatas
  6. EricTheGreat - [MISC] Aesthetics Crew
  7. Elcoolio - The Human Caterpie
  8. Giantpipe - Giant Legends

So... a couple team name changes.