[PSL 7] Manager Sign-Ups

Just now, DoctorPBC said:

All im saying is we could announce in the next two nights 

then have signups for a week

then draft next weekend

speeds the trivial part of the season up rather then destroying hype

The HYPE never dies. Learn some patience. 

7 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Everyone, the actions above can be diagnosed as a factitious disorder, where people 'pretend' to be ill in order to get what they want. 

Is this related to the thing where the doctors are giving their patients vitamins instead of actual medications and the patients are tricked to believe they are getting medications and claims to be getting better? We sure as fuck ain't getting better. 

Edit: You have 24 hours before I give you a better nickname.

Edited by Moetal
Just now, Moetal said:

Is this related to the thing where the doctors are giving their patients vitamins instead of actual medications and the patients are tricked to believe they are getting medications and claims to be getting better? We sure as fuck ain't getting better.

Nope, that's called a placebo trial. Patients started on placebo have willingly entered a research trial where they are blinded against what their treatment is, in order to assess whether the true treatment actually has any benefit. 

For example, you have "I'm shit at OU syndrome" and need help. I tell you I have this epic new medicine that may or not work, but is currently being tested for efficacy. You say, "ok try it all doc." So then I enroll you in the trial and let you know, some peeps in the trial could be getting a placebo in order to truly assess the new med. You're like "it's ok, I just hope I get it". So then I prescribe you the medication, which is Beedrill covered in a Heracross skin. Others in the trial were given an actual Heracross. Now we assess whether that 'medication' will actually help your "I'm shit at OU syndrome", or whether it is equivalent to the placebo, which is a Beedrill.  

4 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Nope, that's called a placebo trial. Patients started on placebo have willingly entered a research trial where they are blinded against what their treatment is, in order to assess whether the true treatment actually has any benefit. 

For example, you have "I'm shit at OU syndrome" and need help. I tell you I have this epic new medicine that may or not work, but is currently being tested for efficacy. You say, "ok try it all doc." So then I enroll you in the trial and let you know, some peeps in the trial could be getting a placebo in order to truly assess the new med. You're like "it's ok, I just hope I get it". So then I prescribe you the medication, which is Beedrill covered in a Heracross skin. Others in the trial were given an actual Heracross. Now we assess whether that 'medication' will actually help your "I'm shit at OU syndrome", or whether it is equivalent to the placebo, which is a Beedrill.  

Effort spent explaining that could've been used on the manager announcement. Fuck you nurse Jarvan