[PSL 7] Manager Sign-Ups

What is this?

Well to put it simply, it's where all the superstars of the PokeMMO Community come together and submit their application for being the leader, the go to, the crème de la crème of the PokeMMO Super League. This is the PSL Manager Sign-up thread, where you could potentially be the unsung hero of this season. 

What is a PSL Manager?

A manager in the PSL has the highest responsibility of any competitor. Their responsibility is darn near endless. From managing finances to personalities, it is your role to carry a team of random people from all over the world to the promise land; to motivate them week in and week out to win, even when they are 0-6 and you have almost no hope of making the playoffs. 

What do I need to know before I sign up?

Being a manager is not easy. It takes a lot of commitment and it takes a lot of skills that some of us frankly don't have. It also takes the stones to suck it up when shit isn't going your way and to understand the rules of the game. Here is a list of things to consider before signing up:

1. Can I stay active through the whole season?
  2. Can I communicate well with my players?
  3. Can I handle team finances?
  4. Can I keep an eye on my players and those of the opponent?
  5. Do I have knowledge of the competitive scene and the players?
  6. Will I keep interest, even when I'm on the losing side?
  7. Do I understand and can I make my players understand the terms & conditions of the PSL?
  8. Will I maintain respect for my host and the decisions they make?
  9. Do I have the availability to manage a team, participate in a draft, and respond to the host whenever a question presents itself?

What do we do?

Well simply put, you state the best case for why you should be a manager in PSL Season 7 in this very thread. The template is below, but feel free to spruce it up a bit with your own creativity, because God Only Knows (GOK where art thou?!) we need it. 

IGN: post your in-game name here

PokeMMO Team:  post your in-game team here

Experience: post the number of PSL seasons you've been involved in, and whether you were a manager, player, host, winner, etc. 

Motivation: post why you want to be a manager this season and what you are willing to do to be a champion

Fluff: post anything and everything that might help this application be relevant 

How do I get selected to be a manager?

After a good handful of applications are submitted, I (the host) will meet with my small council, consisting of Gunthug and OrangeManiac, to select the managers of the season. There will be eight (8) managers selected in total, but just know that both @Kizhaz and @KaynineXL will be given the option to be a manager this coming season because they both did one hell of a job in PSL 6. What does this mean? Well it means that if both Kiz and Kay come back this season as a manager, we will only be picking six (6) new managers this time around. So it isn't going to be easy for you. 

Anything else?

It is very prestigious to be selected as manager and quite frankly many good players will be left on the chopping block after the decision is made final. Please, don't be upset if we don't pick you. You likely had a very wonderful application but there was just something about the players selected that put them just one step ahead of the game. 

Now without further ado, let's start this season =)

2 hours ago, DoubleJ said:
  1. Can I stay active through the whole season? yes
  2. Can I communicate well with my players? yes
  3. Can I handle team finances? yes
  4. Can I keep an eye on my players and those of the opponent? yes both eyes as often as i can spare them.
  5. Do I have knowledge of the competitive scene and the players? yes
  6. Will I keep interest, even when I'm on the losing side? ofc to do otherwise is dishonorable
  7. Do I understand and can I make my players understand the terms & conditions of the PSL? i have yet to re read the whole thing this season but i will and i will make every player i draft do so or bench them.
  8. Will I maintain respect for my host and the decisions they make? yes unless you pull thinknice rmt ban in the 11th hour with all the prize money and then i'll still respect you, just not quite as much as before.
  9. Do I have the availability to manage a team, participate in a draft, and respond to the host whenever a question presents itself? yes

IGN:fredrichnietze

PokeMMO Team: n/a atm. bushido died again and i have been hibernating since the last psl ended.

Experience: yes much.

Motivation: to be the best

Fluff: no thank you i dont even drink coffee. 

Edited by fredrichnietze

IGN: TheChampio Tryss

PokeMMO Team:  RISÉ

Experience: 2 seasons I joined, and watched 2. 

Motivation: I am a big fan of PSL and basically every player that plays in it. I love the way it brings together the community and would love to be a manager not only because of that. But also because I got an awesome team name ready. Want to meet even more people and win :] I know I am not the best player in the game, fuck far from, but I think that even motivates me more to sign up as manager or player to prove I am not complete shit and get better. And want the players in my team to carry me to victory together.

Fluff: Went 3-1 last season, know most of the community. No one can do worse than Riga or Telf so wynaut :)

Might add other stuff later but ya

Edited by TheChampionMike

It's a bird? It's a plain? No! It's your future PSL Champion!

IGN: Greck

PokeMMO Team:  The oldest and greatest team [Kult]

Experience: 2 total PSL's as Manager, First time got 3rd place, Seconds time can't remember, also involver in donations since PSL3

Motivation: New year comes, new goals to archieve, time to become the Master of PSL at least for once. Maybe the last season i was not so in (for you know what reasons), but this time we will manage to build the best team on PSL history ;-)

As is, always Hype for a new PSL Season, hope you can have me in consideration ;-D

Fluff: I'm Handsome.

End.

IGN: Torinnnnn

PokeMMO Team:  SASS

Experience: I've played 2 seasons , if you count riding the bench until the last week then playing a tier you don't own a single comp for as playing then sure. Both of the teams blessed with my presence have made it to the playoffs as well :]

Motivation: Baenines were so close that I need to know the feeling of winning it all , I feel like 2009 Lebron

Fluff: You guys let Telf manage last year lmao, Sailing Team could be so lit , I also donated the most 

13 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Wanted to sign up as player then I saw Greck is trying to be manager.

Hide contents

8th place again here we comes

Are you sure? No worries, this time i'll have a plan (a better one than bid on players who turn me their back in the 1st week) ;-)

14 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

Greckk goshh. u almost gave me a heart attack bro......

Gut damn, expected a real heart attack, now i have to improve myself.