[PSL 7] How to Feed the Trolls

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

I understand that. However, a trade package goes both ways since we need to take into consideration the perspective of each party.

When a manager offers the equivalent of a 6k player for a 8k player, this respects the 25% margin for the manager with 8k player since 0.75 x 8k = 6k. This is good.

When a manager offers a 8k player for the equivalent of a 6k player, this does not respects the 25% margin for the manager with the equivalent of a 6k player since 1.25 x 6k = 7.5k. This implies that the manager offering the 8k player is overpaying because 8k is more than 7.5k which is the margin.

The higher cost package takes priority.

First off, gb you're overthinking this way too much. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be PSL. The stakes aren't really that high (glory, video game currency), so there's no need to obsess over the details and freak out if everything isn't perfectly symmetrically balanced.

Segwaying nicely into my next topic: the first two rounds. I think the only problem with this idea is that the entire auction isn't being converted into a draft. @OrangeManiac I think is overvaluing the #1 overall pick - in fact, if I was a manager, I would DEFINITELY not want the #1 pick. The skill gap between the #1 player and, say, the #5 or #6 player in PSL isn't really that high, and grabbing something like the 4th and 12th best player instead of 1 and 16 is going to land you a much better core for your team, IMO. Plus, it's PSL. Anyone can win any week. How often over the last few seasons have guys who went for below 10k credits turned out to be the MVPs of their team? And similarly, incredible players like frags and bowser are perfectly capable of having a down season.

Drafts are conducive to strategic teambuilding, too, just in a completely different way than an auction. The benefit is that there's less room for collusion - 3 teams can't conspire to waste a manager's credits by upbidding players they know he wants in a draft - they can do this in an auction with very little risk, whereas if they wanted to "snatch" those players in a draft they'd be stuck with them on their team, and every single draft pick is extremely valuable.

But while I lament that we're not going full draft (mostly because of how much easier it'd be than an auction) I do think 2 rounds of a draft will help ensure that each team gets a player or two to really build their team around. Then we go back to your guys precious headache auction

Edited by Gunthug
21 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

First off, gb you're overthinking this way too much. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be PSL. The stakes aren't really that high (glory, video game currency), so there's no need to obsess over the details and freak out if everything isn't perfectly symmetrically balanced.

I gave up on every thing I mentionned except the margin that simply does not make any sense to me. If the higher cost package does take priority, why are we talking about a -25% and +25% margin. A +25% margin is impossible when the higher cost package takes priority. 

8 minutes ago, Torinnnnn said:

You'd think lord gb is actually gonna sign up this time lmao. He seems to criticize  the rules more than the players , like an angry dad at his sons football game

I picture him more as the emo kid in HS who is like 6'5 but hates all the sporting events and thinks they're shit because anarchy or something. 

2 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

This is why you're bad.

You should thank me for not wanting VGC, judging from your VGC matches i've seen on showdown i'm protecting you from going 0-7.

Also I'm the VGC king, undefeated from intermission brawl

tl;dr BadBreath git gud

Just now, Tranzmaster said:

You should thank me for not wanting VGC, judging from your VGC matches i've seen on showdown i'm protecting you from going 0-7.

Also I'm the VGC king, undefeated from intermission brawl

tl;dr BadBreath git gud

I wonder how you got your team :^) anyway it was outdated because it was a team before worlds and it had a nasty matchup against the winning team.

12 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Activity calls are decided upon by the host, with input from the small council. And trust me, they have a great influence on me as they did last season. Activity calls are only decided upon should both players be unable to complete their match and no substitutions are offered. An activity call can be a no contest, meaning both players are at fault, or an activity win, meaning one player was clearly at fault. The player at fault will be suspended for one week similarly to last season.

I know who to blame too now >_>

uguus!!

Edited by Arimanius
18 minutes ago, Arimanius said:

I know who to blame too now >_>

uguus!!

Lol dw I had nothing to do with that one. I'm sure you remember my ridiculously flexible extension policy 

3 hours ago, Suneet said:

How will the drafted players values be decided, in the case of a trade? Because of course, you can't exactly determine their value without having that clash with someone else's opinion.

My suggestion would be to make drafted players untradeable

Even though I am completly against this two first rounds draft format, if it does happpen, I strongly suggest giving more than 2 minutes for managers to choose their players; when a manager chooses a player in these first two rounds, this will be a higher-stakes decision than doing so in the following rounds.

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Even though I am completly against this two first rounds draft format, if it does happpen, I strongly suggest giving more than 2 minutes for managers to choose their players; when a manager chooses a player in these first two rounds, this will be a higher-stakes decision than doing so in the following rounds.

The way I see it is that most managers would already have a pretty good idea who they do and don't want before going into it. And they should most likely have back up plans or maybe even a ranking list of who they want most - least to help them decide beforehand. If they don't put in any thought in before the draft they shouldn't even be signing up as a manager in the first place.