OU Viability Thread

18 minutes ago, suigin said:

Because a Mixed sweeper is supposed to surprise and lure someone into sending something to wall it just to have their weak points attacked right after. Nobody in their right mind would send a Chansey to wall a Blaziken, they'd send a bulky water type instead.

Thats why you combine a mixed blaziken with venu

besides not every blaziken you see is mixed there are more

setd on blaziken that are viable then just mixed

that is what it gives a surprise factor

Just now, Erayne said:

Wow. Are you serious?

Its like saying, well it NEVER rains under my watch. You don't take the time to look at the forecast before you drive off to work. You come back and it rains and you have no umbrella, your not prepared. Same for chansey, if you feel that a starmie has trick, switch into a wall you don't care about like umbreon and let the star use trick. You just thwarted off the trick threat. Lets call this the bounce effect...

Frags has a Gyarodos and I pull in a starmie. Frags is usually ahead of the curve, so he switches into umbreon (calm) and I use trick. I laugh at him, but he has the last laugh and switches into chansey.

The bounce effect can easily throw a trick user off his/her game.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

Its like saying, well it NEVER rains under my watch. You don't take the time to look at the forecast before you drive off to work. You come back and it rains and you have no umbrella, your not prepared. Same for chansey, if you feel that a starmie has trick, switch into a wall you don't care about like umbreon and let the star use trick. You just thwarted off the trick threat. Lets call this the bounce effect...

Frags has a Gyarodos and I pull in a starmie. Frags is usually ahead of the curve, so he switches into umbreon (calm) and I use trick. I laugh at him, but he has the last laugh and switches into chansey.

so i should bring an umbreon? Best strategy ever

4 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

That seems player´s fault, not pokemon neither items.

3 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Thats why you combine a mixed blaziken with venu

besides not every blaziken you see is mixed there are more

setd on blaziken that are viable then just mixed

that is what it gives a surprise factor

We're talking specifically about the viability of Mixed Sweepers vs Chansey since it was said that they'd beat Chansey 1v1. So far the only one mentioned that can OHKO Chansey with Superpower is Blaziken and even then Chansey won't switch into Blaziken to wall its special attacks.

Saying Mixed sweepers beat Chansey is kinda silly since the only Mixed sweeper that does beat her is a mixed variation of a Pokemon she'll never switch into anyways.

Tricky will always be a tricky move

(pun intended) I always hate having to switch in a poke knowing its gonna be tricked

you have no way of knowing whats gonna be tricked on (special band does seem to be used a lot) and if you let a pokemon got tricked its crippled for the rest of the match its only use is sacking

in the end it doesnt matter what pokemon you let get tricked, you always end up with a almost useless pokemln

1 minute ago, suigin said:

We're talking specifically about the viability of Mixed Sweepers vs Chansey since it was said that they'd beat Chansey 1v1. So far the only one mentioned that can OHKO Chansey with Superpower is Blaziken and even then Chansey won't switch into Blaziken to wall its special attacks.

Saying Mixed sweepers beat Chansey is kinda silly since the only Mixed sweeper that does beat her is a mixed variation of a Pokemon she'll never switch into anyways.

What is bad about the fact that you dont allow chansey to get used?

1 minute ago, Bilburt said:

What is bad about the fact that you dont allow chansey to get used?

Because it's a bad argument that includes all mixed sweepers in the category of pokemon that can beat Chansey when in reality the only mixed sweeper that beats Chansey is Blaziken, a Pokemon who can beat Chansey with any of its sets.

Just now, suigin said:

Because it's a bad argument that includes all mixed sweepers in the category of pokemon that can beat Chansey when in reality the only mixed sweeper that beats Chansey is Blaziken, a Pokemon who can beat Chansey with any of its sets.

So ur saying I should have said blaziken instead of mixed sweepers?

Let's be real here. Umbreon is not D rank for fuck sakes. Yeah it's not a special wall unlike noobs tend to make it sound but it's still a solid Wish supporter with a niche to Pursuit trap Starmie from spinning and Haunter from spinblocking. Considering how big part of the metagame Spikes are I would rank Umbreon B- at absolute minimum.

Charizard, Electabuzz, Metagross, Flygon, Ludicolo, Sceptile are some mixed or rather sp attacks that can actually be physical that can beat Chansey.

4 minutes ago, suigin said:

252+ Atk Life Orb Flygon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 317-374 (88.7 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Swampert Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 338-398 (94.6 - 111.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

I honestly wanted to know where you found that blazi is the only mixed that can ohko chansey.

Second point: A mixed doesnt need to ohko chansey to beat her.

Third point: 252 hp chansey is bad, period.

Lastly: even flail vaporeon 2hkoes that shit.

3 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Let's be real here. Umbreon is not D rank for fuck sakes. Yeah it's not a special wall unlike noobs tend to make it sound but it's still a solid Wish supporter with a niche to Pursuit trap Starmie from spinning and Haunter from spinblocking. Considering how big part of the metagame Spikes are I would rank Umbreon B- at absolute minimum.

Idk its main weakness has always been that you could easily set up

and that makes it very dangerous to use

OHKO or maybe a 2HKO without Chansey inflicting status crippling them for the rest of the match.

A lot of mixed sweepers can 2hko and rely on a heal beller to bring them back in the field

even then killing chansey can be worth a sweeper

1 minute ago, pachima said:
252+ Atk Life Orb Flygon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 317-374 (88.7 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Swampert Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 338-398 (94.6 - 111.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

I honestly wanted to know where you found that blazi is the only mixed that can ohko chansey.

Second point: A mixed doesnt need to ohko chansey to beat her.

Third point: 252 hp chansey is bad, period.

Lastly: even flail vaporeon 2hkoes that shit.

Yeah those sick 252+ atk mixed attackers

14 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

Don't take that D rank too serious, it was semi-joke. It was in the C section before I decided to put it there for the lols(hence the comment on 1st page) - I'd change it when we sort out more ranks.

If we want to be real though, its only niche is to pursuit trap. It's so costly using it though, you can do absolutely nothing to Metagross along with many other threats actually. It's not great at walling a lot of special attackers such as Wish/Growth Jolteon & Venusaur. Actually, now that I read the definitions of each rank, it does sound like D rank.

Edited by KaynineXL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.