OU Viability Thread

5 hours ago, pachima said:

Why did you join trans and good in the same sentence?

221f79fc92.png

What's that pachima? I can't hear you being so far from me, can you speak louder please?

Anyway Venusaur is busted for sure, I mean i just finished eving my spdef arcanine (yea scouted) specifically to not get dumpstered by Venusaur. (Def arcanine gets rekt by sludge bomb)

People always bring Tentacruel as the Venusaur counter and while that may be true, doesn't that kinda prove how good Venusaur is if you have to tech in a Tentacruel to not get rekt? 

Tl;dr Venusaur is as good as Tranzmaster

Edited by Tranzmaster

Well you could simply just run Twave on your Chansey, a crippled Venusaur isn't that threatening all of a sudden. It's an obvious one, but it's quite a simple way to deal with it. 

Edited by KaynineXL
2 minutes ago, Tranzmaster said:

221f79fc92.png

What's that pachima? I can't hear you being so far from me, can you speak louder please?

Anyway Venusaur is busted for sure, I mean i just finished eving my spdef arcanine (yea scouted) specifically to not get dumpstered by Venusaur. (Def arcanine gets rekt by sludge bomb)

People always bring Tentacruel as the Venusaur counter and while that may be true, doesn't that kinda prove how good Venusaur is if you have to tech in a Tentacruel to not get rekt? 

But everyone knows im bad, lets just forget my chansey swept you, ok?

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Well you could simply just run Twave on your Chansey, a crippled Venusaur isn't that threatening all of a sudden. It's an obvious one, but it's quite simple to cripple Venusaur.

True, but then you use a slot on chansey for t-wave and you leave yourself with less answers for let's say a Flygon. All i'm saying is that you have to properly teambuild against venusaur or you're getting rekt. It was just an example.

Edited by Tranzmaster
Just now, Tranzmaster said:

True, but then you use a slot on chansey for t-wave and you leave yourself with less answers for let's say a Flygon. All i'm saying is that you have to properly teambuild around venusaur or you're getting rekt. It was just an example.

What about Calm Weezing tho?

10 minutes ago, Tranzmaster said:

True, but then you use a slot on chansey for t-wave and you leave yourself with less answers for let's say a Flygon. All i'm saying is that you have to properly teambuild against venusaur or you're getting rekt. It was just an example.

Well yeh, but Flygon has a lot more answers than Venusaur. Now what you could have said is they could abuse something like growth/wish Jolteon because that is true but again, they are easier to switch on since they generally go lots of hp + speed instead of sp attack.

I also think Crobat is better than what people think. I think the taunt + super fang set is very good because Chansey has a hard time dealing with it. I'v used it(mainly just in ranked) and from what I'v seen there's other decent people that use it like NikhilR, Yubel, Zebra(although it's a different set). Venusaur is a big reason it's used but it has other great uses. Just being so fast itself is valuable as it is able to revenge the majority of OU threats. It switches decently on Heracross(you want to dodge those rock slides though), Forre can do pretty much nothing to Crobat which its resistance to Pin Missle and immunity to EQ + Toxic and it has great resists so you can come in on a fair amount of attacks. It has pretty good bulk to take a hit from a lot of offensive things if you fail on a predict.

Edited by KaynineXL
1 hour ago, Erayne said:

Secure in tournaments? With trick everywhere, trapinch, growth users and mixed sweepers? Lmao

Trapinch = Have Shed Hud

Trick = switch if you think its a tricker

Growth = Carry a Weezing with haze and let chansey come back

Mixed Sweepers = Have chansey thats bold nature and invest fully in HP and Def if you want to withstand a physical hit from those pokes.

1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

Trapinch = Have Shed Hud

Trick = switch if you think its a tricker

Growth = Carry a Weezing with haze and let chansey come back

Mixed Sweepers = Have chansey thats bold nature and invest fully in HP and Def if you want to withstand a physical hit from those pokes.

You realise that a superpower gonna okho regardless of bulkyness right?

Just now, Bilburt said:

You realise that a superpower gonna okho regardless of bulkyness right?

If you see a pokemon that learns superpower, you switch out instantly. You can knock out that poke and then go back to the safe blob of destruction.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

If you see a pokemon that learns superpower, you switch out instantly. You can knock out that poke and then go back to the safe blob of destruction.

Thats the scariness of mixed sweepers 

if you get predicted you ded

Because a Mixed sweeper is supposed to surprise and lure someone into sending something to wall it just to have their weak points attacked right after. Nobody in their right mind would send a Chansey to wall a Blaziken, they'd send a bulky water type instead.

6 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Thats the scariness of mixed sweepers 

if you get predicted you ded

3 minutes ago, suigin said:

Besides Blaziken which Mixed Sweepers carry Superpower and can OHKO 252 hp 252+def Chansey ? Flygon can't, for example.

2 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

Dont see why you need more pokemon than blaziken to do the job

3 minutes ago, suigin said:

Because a Mixed sweeper is supposed to surprise and lure someone into sending something to wall it just to have their weak points attacked right after. Nobody in their right mind would send a Chansey to wall a Blaziken, they'd send a bulky water type instead.

Yes, but blaziken and Machamp are obvious no-nos when you're battling with a chansey. Tyranitar had the same thing going for it. Machamp, Heracross, and Metagross are no-nos for Tyranitar (until the calcs are in your favor). Why did Tyranitar get banned and how does this apply to chansey? Tyranitar was just too good in its field and had to be removed. Chansey is way too good for its field, yes it does have counters, but chansey can wall the daylights off of any special attacker. Chansey gives no hope for anyone that would like to at least knock it out. Porygon 2 gives more hope than chansey does. There was a reason why Chansey's older sister Blissy was banned. I am sure there are other alternative walls people can lean on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.