Sign in to follow this  
Bestfriends

Indication for couples

Question

334cee3b72e106ee955b8d51b163d239.png

Indication for Couples

Good afternoon PokeMMO, I would like to propose something for people who are in love (people who find "the one" on PokeMMO), have an option to add someone to the "Romantic Section." I will show you some examples of couples that let me take pictures of them in game(Allo and Muncher gave me permission to use their photo for my profile on forums)....

e9295fc6569a9b6c1aba4dbcca1e13d1.pngcbe99b7d30e2d2317c602b1c00c47aa5.pngbafeed2651a6227b40eb15364880ad20.pngd455cc1bb3662e6b687ae3e37fe2c8cf.pngb51707015eb8253a22df53f4b2c08070.png9e9735f1e42a565a83a7b946f13fb55c.png

I think this would be good for others to know that they are "taken." I know fellow men who look for love here on PokeMMO and they flirt with the wrong lady. I think that a little heart should be beside their name tags so that way the person who is flirting would cut off his/her intentions as soon as they see the heart. As for married couples, this would help keeping your spouse loyal to you even in game. PokeMMO is not only a game, its also an inadvertent competitor to match.com and eHarmony.

For any of my critics, I am going to tell you a true story about what happened to me. There was a lady that I wanted to help out in Hoenn because she was stuck and right out of the blue, this guy came at me and asked me why I was trying to flirt with his wife. I told him that I was trying to help her navigate through the game, long story short, both of them blocked me and I felt bad about asking. I am afraid to chat with ladies that are new to the game because I don't want to be a homewrecker, and I think that an indication would give the spouse a feeling of security (and I would not feel as bad helping ladies that are stuck in game, I want to help all people rather than a few).

2 hours ago, Darkshade said:

I've been wanting to do something along these lines for quite some time...

Make sure that when someone declines your proposal, the wedding ring disappears forever and you have to buy another one.

Think of all the hundreds of dollars you can make on delusional white knights! Hundreds!

1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

On my way to propose to @notmudkip0, Ds better provide nice wedding rings. 

47 minutes ago, Senile said:

Make sure that when someone declines your proposal, the wedding ring disappears forever and you have to buy another one.

Goodbye 1500 RP

1 hour ago, Bilburt said:

whats gonna be done about divorces?

Just like a friends list, you can remove the person from the "Romance Page." You will no longer have the heart beside your name.

There should be a marry button next where you and whoever you invite go to a special island and marry and then you can tell all ur cool sixth grade friends ur married to a hot grill or guy I'm not judging 

Edited by PlazmaX
Had to make sure I appealed to all

We don't need a wedding ring item though, we just have to tell our other half we're moneybags and we'll give em' free comps and shinies <33

*BOOM* married and done =)

Edited by Imperial

On 1/2/2017 at 7:11 PM, Bilburt said:

Its hard to choose the right one

whats gonna be done about divorces?

she aint getting no 50% of nothing

and if you aint no punk, holla "we want prenup"

Please try and stay as close to why this suggestion should or should not be a thing, thank you.

Berd was the jealous one. 

Enough with the joking around, the original idea is very rough and needs to be polished. Most alternatives suggested in the thread so far are much more enticing and logical. 

Seems like a pure novelty idea, hardly any practicality. I'm not completely against the idea, but like moemoe said, needs work. But even if this isn't added, I want wedding vanities, and wanna share them with a certain someone.

@Darkshade if you make said vanities, you will have my money.

maplestory has cosmetic effects  for couples (usually hearty animations above or behind the character) that only trigger when standing next to your partner. Bound to a ring that both have to equip or something.

5 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

maplestory has cosmetic effects  for couples (usually hearty animations above or behind the character) that only trigger when standing next to your partner. Bound to a ring that both have to equip or something.

Dumb as hell, but I'd support it 100%. C'mon @Desu, ship everyone!

@Bestfriends

I went to school and i know for a fact that just because people acknowledge that someone is in a relationship doesn't mean that they wont still try :'v

Also, this seems more like a case of angry man syndrome, there's nothing to prevent this, even if you stay well away from any grills and don't speak to them they will still find a reason to accuse you >:V

On 02/01/2017 at 10:43 PM, Bestfriends said:

"I am her f*ing husband, I can take care of her myself! Get a life loser!"

This feels like pokemmos version of the darkside of youtube :'v

Don't know if "MMO dating" is that good of an idea... Yes there are a lot of adults here, but don't forget there are kids here as well. Age locks never held me out of anything and kids now are just as capable to work around that as well. How would we be protecting them against the creeps?

There is noting wrong with the idea, but i think it is an huge risk. If gone wrong it could severely threaten the existence of PokeMMO.

50 minutes ago, Heineken88 said:

Don't know if "MMO dating" is that good of an idea... Yes there are a lot of adults here, but don't forget there are kids here as well. Age locks never held me out of anything and kids now are just as capable to work around that as well. How would we be protecting them against the creeps?

There is noting wrong with the idea, but i think it is an huge risk. If gone wrong it could severely threaten the existence of PokeMMO.

In most MMOs a 'lover' system is generally not taken entirely seriously, and more used for friendship/the perks associated to the system (and fun); although this can lead to real relationships, it's generally considered a lot more lax than what you're making it out to be.

9 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

In most MMOs a 'lover' system is generally not taken entirely seriously, and more used for friendship/the perks associated to the system (and fun); although this can lead to real relationships, it's generally considered a lot more lax than what you're making it out to be.

"WOW" 

Darkshade I have a good Idea for a vanity Item I'm working in something awesome!