Your Friendly Neighborhood Batman [Doubles] (Saturday 7th January)

Kizhaz

Details~

Automated Tournament | Double Battle | 64 Players | 6v6 Doubles

Date & Time~
Date ~ 
Saturday 7th January

Time ~ 5pm EST || 10pm GMT || 8am AEDT (Sun)

Registration~

Registration will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You will be able to register for a tournament on the top floor of a Pokemon Center, just speak with the lonely NPC on the far right. You can also register for the tournament by clicking the PvP menu option (Masterball icon on the bottom right of your client).

Clauses~
Sleep | OHKO | Species | OP Item | Evasion | Self KO

List of clauses and what they mean

Prizes~

First Prize

crobat.gif

Shiny GIFT Crobat

Your choice of nature, two moves, with 2x31 and 4x25 IV

&

1,000,000 Pokeyen OR 1,000 Reward Points

Second Prize

500,000 Pokeyen OR 500 Reward Points

Third - Fourth Prizes

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points

1 hour ago, Kizhaz said:

Doubles is hard to get an available prize for that isn't crazy rare. Whoever it was using Hypnosis bat in PSL is happy I'm sure

Right, I used to run into this a lot.

Manec and ludicolo are appropriate, but it's pretty much a rotation of like 5 decenet pokes. The rest is shit like mence, aero and venusaur

11 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Right, I used to run into this a lot.

Manec and ludicolo are appropriate, but it's pretty much a rotation of like 5 decenet pokes. The rest is shit like mence, aero and venusaur

Manectric isn't appropriate unless we are given the ability to choose a Hidden Power. In a prior Doubles thread I listed a great many appropriate Doubles prize options and broke them down by value/viability. There were quite a few and it looks like Tentacruel and Crobat have already been used from the lower tier on that list. 

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

Manectric isn't appropriate unless we are given the ability to choose a Hidden Power. In a prior Doubles thread I listed a great many appropriate Doubles prize options and broke them down by value/viability. There were quite a few and it looks like Tentacruel and Crobat have already been used from the lower tier on that list. 

Oh yea

This was like 5 years ago so I forgot about hp

15 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

Oh yea

This was like 5 years ago so I forgot about hp

I think he's talking about an event thread one month ago, but this list was just extremely-high-valued. As Kizhaz said, many of the Doubles Meta Poke are too rare to be gifted for standard events.

34 minutes ago, Raederz said:

I think he's talking about an event thread one month ago, but this list was just extremely-high-valued. As Kizhaz said, many of the Doubles Meta Poke are too rare to be gifted for standard events.

Not that high valued. Listed some pretty cheap stuff that works for us doubles players. 

On 12/12/2016 at 1:22 AM, DoubleJ said:

Viable Doubles Pokemon Worthy of a Shiny Prize by DoubleJ:

• Highest Tier 180+
    • Metagross, Aerodactyl, Blaziken, Vaporeon, Swampert, Charizard, Tauros, Venusaur, Blastoise, Typhlosion
  • Upper High-Tier 100-180
    • Salamence, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Hitmontop, Milotic, Gardevoir, Jolteon
  • High Tier 60-100
    • Snorlax, Blissey, Kangaskhan
  • Mid Tier
    • Heracross, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Dusclops, Starmie, Arcanine, Clefable, Manectric, Raichu, Alakazam
  • Common Tier
    • Gengar, Gyarados, Hariyama, Crobat, Ninjask, Tentacruel, Marowak, Machamp
On 12/12/2016 at 1:22 AM, DoubleJ said:

Viable Doubles Pokemon Worthy of a Shiny Prize by DoubleJ:

• Highest Tier 180+
    • Salamence
  • Mid Tier
    • Heracross, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Dusclops, Starmie, Arcanine, Clefable, Manectric, Raichu, Alakazam
  • Common Tier
    • Gengar, Gyarados, Hariyama, Crobat, Ninjask, Tentacruel, Marowak, Machamp

This is approximately how we are able to read the list^^

42 minutes ago, Raederz said:

This is approximately how we are able to read the list^^

So the second list is the edited version you can give as prizes?

From that list I would exclude Manectric and Raichu, since we can't choose hidden power (Raichu would only be viable without an HP in NU as a wall). Zam is borderline viable without an HP.

If I were you, I would consider pushing to add Snorlax, Blissey, and Kangaskan to the 'highest tier' since all three were options for 3rd place in the doubles series finale, behind salamence in second.  

Gardevoir and Milotic also seem like viable options and I'm not sure why they're not on the list. They don't hold any super special rare value in game since ralts isn't that rare and I know of multiple shiny milotics.

• Noad locked this topic