TV Series Hub

KaynineXL

Hey, while I think there's some threads for a few specific TV series, I'm pretty sure we've not got one for TV series as a whole and I thought this could be a cool thread to find a new series to binge on, or maybe just review one you just watched. Either way, let us know what you've watched and go as detailed as you like without giving spoilers. Remember, spoilers inside spoilers when giving real spoilers!(contradicting my previous sentence I know)

Series I'v watched(trying to keep updated):

Spoiler

Game of Thrones

This is still my favourite TV series of all time. There are currently 6 seasons so it's definitely a long one but you'll appreciate how long it is once you get hooked and feel sad once you've watched them all.

The Missing(season 2)

My sister got me watching this and I enjoyed it. Season 1 and 2 are different stories, I only watched season 2. It's only short with I think like 8 episodes and it's like a more realistic tv series version of Taken where a detective tries to find a missing girl.

Westworld

Another short one with just 1 season, I think like 10 episodes. I was never really into futuristic movies/series but this one is actually pretty good. I had a bunch of people from PokeMMO recommend it so I thought why not, I don't regret it.

Breaking Bad

I'm still finishing this one off, currently on season 3 but so far it's amazing - like, not far off Game of Thrones in terms of how much I like it. It's basically a family man who is terminally ill and has nothing but debt to leave for his family so he uses his incredible knowledge in chemistry to cook up the best meth people have seen but things get out of hand. Go watch it to see what happens, it's really is good.

Prison Break

Loved season 1-2, then season 3 sucked, then season 4 was awesome. Overall, really good show to watch. Even though at times you think to yourself its dragging on which 20+ episodes each season, I was super sad to finally finish it :(

Edited by KaynineXL

Hell on Wheels is perhaps my favorite.

I refuse to jump on the GoT bandwagon (will probably watch it all eventually...).

Watched Westworld... Personally think it was overhyped. It's fine but not amazing.

Stranger things is meh (my roommates put up christmas lights before watching it, and every so often we flicker them like crazy and yell "WILL!!!!" at the top of our lungs. Pretty sure other people in the apartment hate us.

Band of Brothers and Pacific are great mini series (HBO). I highly recommend them.

That's pretty much it. Currently looking for a new show since anime is dry atm; If I can't find anything soon I'll pick up GoT.

WestWorld was better than i expected tbh

GOT had me hooked from like ep 2

Stranger Things was sooooooooooooo hyped up , not as good as people like to make it seem

Mr.Robot is one of the better shows ive watched as of late

The night of was FUCKING good as shit

I watched all of season 1 of How to get away with murder and like 3 eps of season 2 and it was pretty good

1 hour ago, Gilan said:

That's pretty much it. Currently looking for a new show since anime is dry atm; If I can't find anything soon I'll pick up GoT.

Drifters is really the only good show going on at the moment

Me being the big superhero nerd I am here's a couple I like

Agents of SHIELD - Probably one of my favorites though I still need to finish off the latest season, but it has a lot of likeable characters and a pretty decent story each season though there are some certain things they did that pissed me off

Daredevil - A lot of people tell me they prefer the other netflix Marvel series better, but I still love this one more. Season 1 was better than season 2, but both were still pretty well done. I mean I only watched season two in just over a day when I was sick

Arrow - Probably the only DC series I actually have gotten into and I'm not really big into DC so that says something

Also like Munya said, Burn Notice is pretty damn good

That's all I got for now

Watched Westworld, probably the best Season 1 of any series I've seen (even better than GoT Season 1). I will say that it's not for everybody but it's definately worth a shot for those who haven't watched it.

I watched Stranger Things season 1 a few days ago.... I didn't like it that much. I thought I was watching one of the worse X-men movies. It's kinda overrated.

Stopped watching Breaking Bad after season 3. I think it's super good but not really my style I guess.

Game of Thrones GOAT ofc

Just finished Westworld, hectic af

Designated Survivor is also alright, first few episodes are kind of lacking but it picks up. Only 1 season atm would recommend

Pretty Little Liars, the show itself is terrible but emily is op

Community also hilarious, turns average at season 5 and i never finished it

Westworld: I was excited about it ever since Nolan announced it and started following as soon as the series started, easily one of the best things that I've watched. I highly recommend it. Season 2 in 2018 though. :(

Black Mirror: Discovered it last year on YouTube, barely anybody watched it at that time. I really liked the first 2 seasons. It is definitely for everyone, few people might not even get the point of the show. It got really big and hyped ever since they joined Netflix, I'm still watching the third season. Favourite episodes: White Christmas, Entire History of you.

Game of Thrones: Really like it, I've been following it since years now. We already have a thread for GoT discussion here and I post there often.

Friends: Heh, a 90s TV series but my all time favorite. I watched all the seasons a few years ago but even now I still like to watch an episode whenever I can, always a good laugh. 

Firefly: Only one season, rest got cancelled. Decent enough science fiction series, I enjoyed it. There's also a movie set after the series, but I am yet to watch it.

Battlestar Galactica: Lots of stuff to watch in that, they have got mini series, web series, regular season, movies. But I like it, it has got the thrill, I still need to watch lot of stuff in that though. If anyone wants to get into it, start from the mini series, first episode's name is "Thirty three", watch that and decide for yourself.

That's it for now, I guess. I have watched few more series like Breaking Bad, BoB, True Detective, Fargo but later for them.  I'll be watching the next season of Sherlock from day after tomorrow, I like it but I gotta say it is very overhyped, they release a season after every 2 years or so and it only has like 3 episodes. 

• 1 month later...

Sherlock season 4 was kind of a let down, would still recommend it for the first 3 seasons doe.

OJ Made in America was pretty crazy. its long as fuck but defo worth it if you are interested in the whole oj thing

also a bump cause im looking for a new show to watch

15 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

Sherlock season 4 was kind of a let down, would still recommend it for the first 3 seasons doe.

OJ Made in America was pretty crazy. its long as fuck but defo worth it if you are interested in the whole oj thing

also a bump cause im looking for a new show to watch

Didn't like Sherlock's new season either, like I said before the whole series is very much over hyped. That's all I have watched recently as well. I do have some time right now, so might watch something new. And also isn't that OJ thing some documentary? 

If you haven't watched Black Mirror yet, do it. Other then that, I am also looking for some recommendations. 

15 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I just finished prison break. Was so sad the feels but hype for the new series.

I also need something new, pls help

Haven't seen Prison Break, how is it really?

From your list above, you haven't watched Fargo, Black Mirror, True Detective. If you're looking for some short series stuff, try to watch any of them. However, for True Detective only watch season 1, skip the next season altogether. 

5 minutes ago, LiquidFrost said:

Didn't like Sherlock's new season either, like I said before the whole series is very much over hyped. That's all I have watched recently as well. I do have some time right now, so might watch something new. And also isn't that OJ thing some documentary? 

If you haven't watched Black Mirror yet, do it. Other then that, I am also looking for some recommendations. 

From your list above, you haven't watched Fargo, Black Mirror, True Detective. If you're looking for some short series stuff, try to watch any of them. However, for True Detective only watch season 1, skip the next season altogether. 

Prison break is very good, i'd probably rate it my 2nd favourite series after GoT. Season 1-2 are great, season 3 is meh.. but then season 4 is real good.

50 minutes ago, LiquidFrost said:

I liked the first couple of season of sherlock, mainly just cause of Moriarty, he is easily one of my favourite characters ever, just the perfect amount of crazy. Yea oj thing is a documentary its broken down into like 5 parts which is nice, but still like 7 hours all up. 

Prison break is good to start with, after first two seasons it goes down hill.

@KaynineXL true detective s01 is worth watching if u havent 

Edited by DaftCoolio
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...