Lucky Elf Coin Flip (Thursday 29th December) Uber

Raederz

Details:

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 64 Players | 6v6 Uber

Date & Time:

Thursday 29th December || 7pm GMT || 2pm EST || 8pm CET

Registration will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You will be able to register for a tournament on the top floor of a Pokemon Centre, through the battle PC. The PC you need is the one on the right, which I am standing in front of in the picture below. You can also register for the tournament by clicking the PvP menu option (Masterball icon on the bottom right of your client).

Registration Fee:

This event has a Registration fee of 25,000 Pokeyen. This fee will automatically be collected from the participants at the beginning of the event.

Clauses:

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

Prizes:

First Prize

https://i.gyazo.com/190ef1e50ae412c1322f9555fef12ffb.png

Elf Tunic

&

1.050.000 Pokeyen

2nd Prize :

550.000 Pokeyen

3-4th Prize :

300.000 Pokeyen

5-32th Prize :

50.000 Pokeyen

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ (only applies if you fail to reconnect).
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

Host: Raederz

Why is this tournament called "Coin Flip"? Like, you're undervaluing the own merits and reasons for existence of this tournament by naming Ubers tournaments "Just a Prank Tier" or "Coin Flip", am I really understanding something wrong here but I feel like it's getting implied that Ubers tournaments are basically equivalent to "coin flips" and have no competitiveness to them. I find this completely ridiculous. Ubers tournaments have a lot of competitiveness behind them and you need actual skill and your own teambuild to them. Pokemon like Swampert, Cradily, Porygon2, Cloyster (which I'm not surprised if becomes NU) are for example even more viable Pokemon in Ubers than in OU. The biggest reason Ubers are Ubers because they make the metagame much more narrow and centralized around them - that's why they are Ubers. In addition they would make 95% of the defensive Pokemon worthless. Pokemon's Video Game Championship format 2015 and 2016 were much less diverse than our Ubers tier, 2015 all top players literally ran 5 the same Pokemon and 2016 every good team considered basically 6 out of 10 Pokemon. And the winners of these tournaments were declared the world championships of competitive Pokemon.

I know I might be a lamer who just takes too seriously these names which are meant to be fun but there's no reason to release an Ubers tournament for community and act like it's completely pointless.

Just now, Raederz said:

Because half the players have a prize.

There is no Uber offense in this name. If I really was the Uber Hater you describe why would I host it ?

Because of the theme in titles I'm seeing in Ubers officials which labels it as a non significant tournament. I'm asking that if you consider it the tournament as "non significant" enough to give it such a dismissive name, why to even host them? Again, this wouldn't be a problem if the # of tournaments wasn't limited but when you have a limited number of tournaments you can host I hope it's treated as a real official tournament. Like, no one wants to win a tournament called "Just a prank tier" or "Lucky elf coin flip" tournament. It undermines the amount of skill you need to reach that title.

Just now, Raederz said:

Congratulations to enchanteur for winning the Lucky Elf Coin Flip !

Honorable Mention to Oltann for second place!

1eaea9bc3a77927a1318308214d449ea.png

Also congratulations for all our Coin Flip Masters !

Hide contents

https://i.gyazo.com/b4eba64248d396006e12f26d7a2102f4.png

5c2426dab1d3b66eca48b47fd75fbe09.png

48e5911c05caf768f2b46fe75fca1b11.png

Thank you to everyone participating! We hope to see you all at the next official event!

I'm a coin flip master, and a master of being afk, sorry about that @Oltan bud