Outrage Base power

I understand that in Gen 3 Outrage was 90 Base power and Special.  In Gen 4 its 120 base power and physical. And in Pokemmo its 90 base power and physical.

The lack of Power really makes Outrage more harmful than useful since you cant switch out during its going on and it ends up confusing the user at the end.

Any chance of changing/Fixing this?

The current Pokemmo OU meta game has more offensive... options... than any we have had in the past.

Trick pokemon: use one move to more or less disable the function of a pokemon on the opponents team. 

Trapping: players give up recovery at times to avoid being trapped. 

Life balls: are you using your balls today? A favorite is spamming growth venusaur with life ball. This also powers up already powerful pokemon such as blaziken and gyarados. The rebuttal is that it leechs your life, but that's almost irrelevant if the life ball pokemon is putting out effective and high damage output and fainting opposing pokemon.

bands: you even have bands for your special attacking pokemon now. A favorite 'strategy' is to use the special attack band then if your special attacker is being effective, keep spamming.  If it's not having impact, use trick to disable the defending pokemon from stopping your attacks. Starmie is a popular pokemon that does this, but (as you know?) bands are used in combination with trick on a wide variety of pokemon. 

There's also some ( 'more competive? ') offensive strats making an appearance again like the old spam spore breloom. I've even seen room for the endeavor+using speed to get some kills. As long as chansey is here, You even have a consistent low cost switch in spot. What more could you ask for offensively? 

If you can't get offense going in this Pokemmo OU, then it's probably bad team building or bad timing with kingdra. You just need to make sure you are keeping up with the times (what is being used) and also take a long look at your team. Takes notes on how you lose matches. Were your loses to cancer or can your team be better?

In my case, I played about 60 rounds and took notes in my loses before I was seeing some consistency and decided my team could be better. Problems with team building are not always easy to see with RNG and uncompetitive/uncreative cancer often deciding matches. Matches where you dominate often do not give you useful data either.

As far as kingdra specifically: Kingdra is very powerful but it's ideally for mid or late game after it's counters are weakened or gone. You could call it more of a sweeper. A wall breaker is more hit and run like a blaziken or a fat ursaring. Something that can come in any time and might take something out then come back in later. You have to make sure you send in kingdra when it's the right time. I wouldn't say its best used as a breaker, it's best used as a sweeper for mid to late game clean up. 

amigacho used a kingdra a lot recently. First he (she?) would scout by sending in kingdra to see what pokemon would be used to stop kingdra. The he would try to waterfall flinch you to low health then outrage for the faint. Or... take out the defender by whatever means he could. It was all about timing (and RNG) to set up a sweep. That is ( as you know?) how all sweepers work in general.

11 hours ago, ReaLMayer said:

The current Pokemmo OU meta game has more offensive... options... than any we have had in the past.

Trick pokemon: use one move to more or less disable the function of a pokemon on the opponents team. 

Life balls: are you using your balls today? A favorite is spamming growth venusaur with life ball. This also powers up already powerful pokemon such as blaziken and gyarados. The rebuttal is that it leechs your life, but that's almost irrelevant if the life ball pokemon is putting out effective and high damage output and fainting opposing pokemon.

bands: you even have bands for your special attacking pokemon now. A favorite 'strategy' is to use the special attack band then if your special attacker is being effective, keep spamming.  If it's not having impact, use trick to disable the defending pokemon from stopping your attacks. Starmie is a popular pokemon that does this, but (as you know?) bands are used in combination with trick on a wide variety of pokemon. 

There's also some ( 'more competive? ') offensive strats making an appearance again like the old spam spore breloom. I've even seen room for the endeavor+using speed to get some kills. As long as chansey is here, You even have a consistent low cost switch in spot. What more could you ask for offensively? 

If you can't get offense going in this Pokemmo OU, then it's probably bad team building or bad timing with kingdra. You just need to make sure you are keeping up with the times (what is being used) and also take a long look at your team. Takes notes on how you lose matches. Were your loses to cancer or can your team be better?

In my case, I played about 60 rounds and took notes in my loses before I was seeing some consistency and decided my team could be better. Problems with team building are not always easy to see with RNG and uncompetitive/uncreative cancer often deciding matches. Matches where you dominate often do not give you useful data either.

As far as kingdra specifically: Kingdra is very powerful but it's ideally for mid or late game after it's counters are weakened or gone. You could call it more of a sweeper. A wall breaker is more hit and run like a blaziken or a fat ursaring. Something that can come in any time and might take something out then come back in later. You have to make sure you send in kingdra when it's the right time. I wouldn't say its best used as a breaker, it's best used as a sweeper for mid to late game clean up. 

amigacho used a kingdra a lot recently. First he (she?) would scout by sending in kingdra to see what pokemon would be used to stop kingdra. The he would try to waterfall flinch you to low health then outrage for the faint. Or... take out the defender by whatever means he could. It was all about timing (and RNG) to set up a sweep. That is ( as you know?) how all sweepers work in general.

essay af

13 hours ago, ReaLMayer said:

k

I'm not entirely sure 120 would break the game. It's a shitty move to be locked on and Steel-types can really abuse the hell out of it. Also you would become a Pursuit Metagross bait immediately as well. Weezing doesn't take CB Outrage with ease but even if it faints (being damaged already) it's very easy to revenge kill an Outrage locked Flygon. I personally think Flygon would not become Ubers with buffed Outrage in any means, yeah it's a top tier mon by usage anyways but for the coverage and ability to switch in so nicely for a sweeper/wallbreaker instead of ability to spam Dragon moves.

Is it worth to take a risk, though? Perhaps not.

Also what comes to Kingdra, it's like sub 8% usage so...

Edited by OrangeManiac

130 BASE POWER HIGH JUMP KICK

LET'S DO IT

E:

37 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

I'm not entirely sure 120 would break the game. It's a shitty move to be locked on and Steel-types can really abuse the hell out of it. Also you would become a Pursuit Metagross bait immediately as well. Weezing doesn't take CB Outrage with ease but even if it faints (being damaged already) it's very easy to revenge kill an Outrage locked Flygon. I personally think Flygon would not become Ubers with buffed Outrage in any means, yeah it's a top tier mon by usage anyways but the coverage and ability to switch in so nicely for a sweeper/wallbreaker instead of ability to spam Dragon moves.

Is it worth to take a risk, though? Perhaps not.

inb4 magneton

Edited by RysPicz

Well in terms of what we have and what DPP has, we're missing jirachi, heatran, a viable OU scizor, roost skarmory, magnezone, bronzong, empoleon, and even lucario to an extent. Then hippo and suicune as general bulky pokemon. So it's pretty hard to draw conclusions about pokemon in OU in our meta because something like kingdra/flygon isn't broken in DPP. I mean one reason why salamence/dragonite weren't in OU for very long is because we really only have like two steel types so spamming dragon claw was even too powerful, and outrage is a whole 33% more powerful than dragon claw, which makes flygon hit a decent amount harder than band salamence even. Combine that with a grand total of one thing (metagross) that can actually switch in vs an outrage and actually ko flygon in return (if it runs ice punch). 

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 40-48 (23.2 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 40-48 (21.9 - 26.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 57-67 (30.4 - 35.8%) -- 40.9% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cloyster: 67-79 (42.6 - 50.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 271-321 (75.9 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 78-93 (39.5 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Really good but probably not op

11 minutes ago, Erayne said:

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 40-48 (23.2 - 27.9%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 40-48 (21.9 - 26.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 57-67 (30.4 - 35.8%) -- 40.9% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cloyster: 67-79 (42.6 - 50.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 271-321 (75.9 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 78-93 (39.5 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Really good but probably not op

Mfw when chansey is so spreaded that one is calced against banded flygon

3 minutes ago, pachima said:

Mfw when chansey is so spreaded that one is calced against banded flygon

ahahah i knew someone would point that out

edit: anyway, it was just to show that even a counter chansey could easily revenge kill it, or even stay if flygon switches in by scouting the first move with protect

Edited by Erayne

I would be all for it since if you're locked at the wrong time you'd be caught with your pants down and likely revenge killed, Kingdra has like 90 base attack and no moves making it very predictable, however it's also kinda hard to take down if it gets the train rolling. Flygon has a better offensive typing, movepool and somewhat better offensive stats yet is very easy to wall by common things like Skarmory but since Flygon recently got Dragon Dance in SM chances are it will be implemented in mmo and once it starts boosting mid to late game it'd be hard to find a check that isn't a hard wall.

Also like mentioned earlier we're lacking a ton of the viable steel types DPP provided.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.