Trick vs choice bands

So let me get you the situation :

Opponent as a starmie, and you scout it to find out he has one of the 3 choice band and he saw your chansey/umbreon.

So couples turn later when he send that starmie, he uses trick but you predict it and send trapinch.

Option 1: Starmie trick normal choice band for normal choice band with trapinch and is fucked up locked to do trick.

Option 2: starmie trick a swift/special choice band for a normal choice band and the next turn can do surf?

So my question, is there a fuck in coding somewhere since they are "different items"? Or it just works the same way in the real game and opponent can just switch out/kill trapinch and come back and use this gay move again later?

Its option 2. When you are locked into a move it says either CHOICE BAND/SPECIAL CHOICE BAND/SPEED CHOICE BAND won't allow you to use other moves. Seeing as you trick on another items that lock gets reset because you used the move before getting the new item. So you are able to use surf. I am not completely sure if it works like this in the real games or not.

• Mike locked this topic