Lowering the price of your own GTL listing

Eggplant

Question

19 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Moetal said:

Maybe you should've checked the prices on the market before you post it.

I think he did, he mentioned undercutting so chances are his price was the lowest at the time he posted it.  Its a fairly common occurrence on most games.

15 minutes ago, Moetal said:

Maybe you should've checked the prices on the market before you post it.

Checking market may help with items that GTL contains plenty of, but it hardly helps with Pokemon. In lots of cases people could compare the IVd Pokemon that are in the GTL and put for the same price for similar IVs without realizing their Pokemon for some reason was significantly less valuable for a reason or another (i.e. wrong nature, not having a desired egg move or something like that) and when they realize their valuation was too high it seems really redundant to pay the tax multiple times and it's shouldn't really be the purpose of the whole tax to begin with. If the purpose of the tax is to avoid people posting spam on the GTL (and therefor keeping the quality of GTL listings good), it would be much beneficial that people would easily reduce their price of their listings to make deals done than to keep them overpriced in GTL because they do not want to pay the tax again. Being able to reduce the price of a listing helps reducing the amount of shit priced goods in GTL. And it's not like the currently "overpriced" goods were put there as "hurrdurr this is a shit post". The vast majority of the GTL listings were thought to be fair deals from the seller's side, while not knowing why they even overpriced their stuff.

I often look for things that are very scarce on the market to make profit off of its rareity, but when I start making money off of it 10 more people come in and undercut me by half. Every time! It would be nice to lower the rest of the unsold stock to compete with undercutting, even if it were for a fee (should be smaller than relisting completely, of course) so I dont have to pull my whole stock off the GTL and relist. By then, most of my profit is gone and Im costing myself money. 

I also agree with being able to raise the price for the appropriate fee.

Id also like to add in, if you change the price listing, it would be nice if the listing time was reset.

I would gladly go through my GTL listings once a week and pay a fee to change prices to get my listings refreshed, because I have a job and cant afford to play every day to keep them current, and it would just be a lot simpler. Its a bit of a hassle to have to pull all the expired pokemon into your party 5 at a time, and try to remember the prices for each one as you relist them, and if youve got more than one of the same species, remembering the order they are in.

Just now, Moetal said:

You can sort by price, though. How about this - charge 25% of the tax at listing, the other 75% at the point of sale.

The tax' only purpose is literally to cut the spam. There is no point in charging anything at the point of sale.

If you're going to charge 25% at the time of listing, that might as well be the price of the tax.

I definitely like the system that's in place, but maintain that I do feel we're missing the quality of life conveniences requested in the OP.

While most are saying the whole point in tax is to stop spam, I think the primary reason for it is simply as a money sink. If they removed some of the money sink from GTL taxing, they'd just have to increase the money sink to another area of the game or lower the amount of yens that are being introduced from VS Seeker/Gyms/E4.

I think this is a good idea though because it makes GTL less of a pain in ass to sell stuff, but I think it's very unlike the devs to simply change money sinks for something like this without consequences elsewhere in the game.

Edited by KaynineXL
9 minutes ago, FlareBlitzz said:

That would be 25k for a 2 million listing which is pretty cheap for any troll. I think it's fine the way it is right now.

i honestly don't see how it is a problem for people to list a pokeball for 2 millions. Buyers auto sort by price, balls never get sold, troll just waste money for little to no result

Edited by Moetal
3 minutes ago, Moetal said:

i honestly don't see how it is a problem for people to list a pokeball for 2 millions. Buyers auto sort by price, balls never get sold, troll just waste money for little to no result

But you just suggested that trolls lose lesser money than they do now, which would only bring more troll listings on GTL

13 minutes ago, FlareBlitzz said:

But you just suggested that trolls lose lesser money than they do now, which would only bring more troll listings on GTL

If someone really wants to troll list, they can do 1000 zeny poke balls, times a million of them. 

Edited by Moetal

Disregarding the 2 main reasons for the tax - to stop trolls/spammers & act as a money sink (which are both great reasons to ignore this suggestion),

Players are already constantly relisting stuff as it is, looking for the quickest sale possible and so they can be the lowest price available. With the ability you suggest this would severely drop the value of basically all items (and possibly pokemon) due to everyone wanting to be the cheapest aka the quickest person with money in their virtual pocket.

Imagine this scenario: A player lists a common, but desired new xmas vanity to GTL for 900k - cheapest on the market, undercutting 5 other players' listings. The next time one of the other 5 listers get on, they see they have been undercut and decide to drop their price to 800k - making theirs the cheapest. This continues back and forth between the 5 players until the item is almost worthless. 

Now imagine that on a much larger scale. Very bad for our economy.

The current GTL tax system exists the way it does for a reason. No need to mess with the existing formula.

5 minutes ago, awkways said:

Disregarding the 2 main reasons for the tax - to stop trolls/spammers & act as a money sink (which are both great reasons to ignore this suggestion),

Players are already constantly relisting stuff as it is, looking for the quickest sale possible and so they can be the lowest price available. With the ability you suggest this would severely drop the value of basically all items (and possibly pokemon) due to everyone wanting to be the cheapest aka the quickest person with money in their virtual pocket.

Imagine this scenario: A player lists a common, but desired new xmas vanity to GTL for 900k - cheapest on the market, undercutting 5 other players' listings. The next time one of the other 5 listers get on, they see they have been undercut and decide to drop their price to 800k - making theirs the cheapest. This continues back and forth between the 5 players until the item is almost worthless. 

Now imagine that on a much larger scale. Very bad for our economy.

The current GTL tax system exists the way it does for a reason. No need to mess with the existing formula.

That's not necessarily true. They will just wait for the 800k one to be sold, unless they believe that it isn't actualyl worth 900k.

Especially if there's 5 of em at the same price.