Surskit in Little Cup?

I know that Surskit's stats are pretty sub-par, but do yous see any way it could be viable in LC? I'm breeding a 6x31 Modest one with Signal Beam as an egg move.

Surskit would probably be outclassed by... Most other basics, but would there be any position for it to be a decent choice or would I have to give up on Surskit as a competitive baby?

I don't really know much about how pokemmo's competitive works given all of the changes to movesets and so on, so any advice for a newcomer would be great. =)

You can try using it as a Rain abuser since it has Swift Swim it outspeeds the entire tier under rain. Life Orb Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Signal Beam/Rain Dance could be used, Hydro Pump in rain hits stuff like Chinchou as hard as HP Grass so I guess it doesn't really hurt making it 6x31 (80 accuracy tho). Omanyte kinda outclasses Surskit as a rain sweeper tho since it has more power and that physical bulk, but a good thing Surskit has over Omanyte is that it resists pretty much everything Omanyte is weak against (Grass, Fighting, Ground). I think the main challenge in running Surskit is that Chinchou is used a lot and usually can revenge kill it with ease. That and being fragile af which is a bad thing since you need to setup rain before you can attempt a sweep with it.

The fact Surskit's base stat total is so much lower than everyone else's kinda ruins it for Surskit while it has really nothing that something else doesn't. What more is kinda dumb with Surskit is the fact its highest stat is speed and with Swift Swim that will turn into an overkill really, well helps deal with fastest Scarfers I suppose. Water/Bug typing is defensively really nice but offensively doesn't really give Surskit the best possible STAB combo to have in LC environment. If your goal is to win I wouldn't recommend to use Surskit as if you want a Swift Swim Pokemon Omanyte and Kabuto are so much more better, even those are basically almost nowhere to be seen in current LC metagame. But then again, LC is mostly about having fun imo so why not. Seeing some fresh faces in LC matches would just make the tier more enjoyable, because now for the top players it has basically 12-15 viable Pokemon at max.

Edited by OrangeManiac
1 hour ago, LifeStyle said:

You can try using it as a Rain abuser since it has Swift Swim it outspeeds the entire tier under rain. Life Orb Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Signal Beam/Rain Dance could be used, Hydro Pump in rain hits stuff like Chinchou as hard as HP Grass so I guess it doesn't really hurt making it 6x31 (80 accuracy tho). Omanyte kinda outclasses Surskit as a rain sweeper tho since it has more power and that physical bulk, but a good thing Surskit has over Omanyte is that it resists pretty much everything Omanyte is weak against (Grass, Fighting, Ground). I think the main challenge in running Surskit is that Chinchou is used a lot and usually can revenge kill it with ease. That and being fragile af which is a bad thing since you need to setup rain before you can attempt a sweep with it.

don't need hp grass too cuz  surskit learn giga drain and with life orbo i think would be cool to restore some hp

Edited by DarylDixon
  • Mike locked this topic