sunny day issues

so in looking to make a sunny day team in ou; i know its not meta or probably even top tier but i'm going to make it any way. the main issue is kingdra and i cant seem to find anything that a safe swap into it.

most fires and grass are not safe swaps due to ice beam surf/waterfall signal beam. wheezing is a safe swap but its move pool and stat distribution don't relay fit. i'm looking for suggestions that can come in against kingdra safely and deal with it.

due to the lack of heat stone i'm looking for something preferably that can put up sunny day since i need 2-3 of my team to be able to put it up. but does not have to

Edited by mageslay3r

Milotic Bold 252 hp-def leftovers with Hp electric and Haze.
Deals efficiently with mixed Kingdras, as haze resets its attack stat, Hp electric will hurt it along with other water / flying types, and Milotic's sp.def stat is high enough to take damage from Hp grass/electric Kingdra and beat it in a 1v1.
Obviously Milotic can't use Sunny day, but hey you can't go with a Yolo full offence team and expect to win all them battles.

Edited by Lazaro23
  • 3 months later...

Maelstrom depending on the kingdra you are up against, a counter quagsire can do the trick for more physical sets. As far as a special sweeper set, tentacruel and mantine do well to wall it, both have mirror coat as well, mantine may have trouble if the kingdra has hp electric, but most sets run hp grass. I wish I could say that something besides water pokemon can stop it really well, but few can fill that role really well.

On 04/04/2017 at 8:47 PM, Elliasal said:

Maelstrom depending on the kingdra you are up against, a counter quagsire can do the trick for more physical sets. As far as a special sweeper set, tentacruel and mantine do well to wall it, both have mirror coat as well, mantine may have trouble if the kingdra has hp electric, but most sets run hp grass. I wish I could say that something besides water pokemon can stop it really well, but few can fill that role really well.

Thanks! I already found out that Quagsire + Umbreon are enough to handle them. I would still have some issues against some rain dance sweeper Ludicolos, but they aren't that common anyway...

Just use bold ludicolo if you fear that much kingdra. Icebeam wont hit ludi hard, and with leech seed + giga + recovers you recover almost all the damage from outrage, meaning that both variants are getting walled.

On 07/04/2017 at 9:27 AM, Zigh said:

Just use bold ludicolo if you fear that much kingdra. Icebeam wont hit ludi hard, and with leech seed + giga + recovers you recover almost all the damage from outrage, meaning that both variants are getting walled.

Sub DD Kingdra might give a lot of problems to Bold Ludicolo, with the right EV Spread you manage to setup lots of DDs while Giga Drain needing 2 hits to break Subs.

• Mike locked this topic