There is no Spoon [DOUBLES] (Thursday 22nd December)

Raederz

Details:

Automated Tournament | Double Battle | 64 Players 

Date & Time:

Thursday 22nd December  || 9pm CET || 8pm GMT || 3pm EST ||

Registration will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You will be able to register for a tournament on the top floor of a Pokemon Centre, through the battle PC. The PC you need is the one on the right, which I am standing in front of in the picture below. You can also register for the tournament by clicking the PvP menu option (Masterball icon on the bottom right of your client).

Clauses:

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

No ban list, Uber may be used.

Prizes:

First Prize

http://www.pokepedia.fr/images/e/e2/Sprite_3_f_065_s.png

Shiny Gift Alakazam

Your choice of nature, two moves, 2x31 and 4x25 IVs

&

1,000,000 Pokeyen OR 1000 Reward Points

Second Prize

500,000 Pokeyen OR 500 Reward Points

Third - Fourth Prize

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points 

Host : Raederz

I know Alakazam is not the best doubles pokemon.

I'm sometimes wrong choosing the right gift, but when I ask comp players suggestions about which pokemon is worth to gift, or which is not, I only get Extremely-High-Valued-Gifts answers, as worth to gift.

Hope you can still enjoy the tournament.

Just now, Raederz said:

I know Alakazam is not the best doubles pokemon.

I'm sometimes wrong choosing the right gift, but when I ask comp players suggestions about which pokemon is worth to gift, or which is not, I only get Extremely-High-Valued-Gifts answers, as worth to gift.

Hope you can still enjoy the tournament.

I want mah dratini raederz.... pllsssssss

Viable Doubles Pokemon Worthy of a Shiny Prize by DoubleJ:

• Highest Tier
    • Metagross, Aerodactyl, Blaziken, Vaporeon, Swampert, Charizard
  • Upper High-Tier
    • Salamence, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Blastoise, Venusaur, Hitmontop
  • High Tier
    • Snorlax, Blissey, Kangaskhan, Milotic, Starmie, Arcanine, Gardevoir, Tauros
  • Mid Tier
    • Heracross, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Dusclops
  • Common Tier
    • Gengar, Gyarados, Hariyama, Crobat, Ninjask, Clefable, Tentacruel, Marowak, Machamp

Additionally, the following should be considered ONLY if we are able to select our own Hidden Power via altering the IVs like we could before:

• Manectric, Raichu, Alakazam, Jolteon, Typhlosion

This list was created using the viability thread that I made in comp alley that was assisted with by the community. Anything not listed has essentially little to no viability in the doubles tier. It's tough to award prizes because of how rare the most commonly used pokemon are, but I believe there is a deep list in the Mid to Common tier range that can be cycled through when considering standard 64-man events. If we could get at least two doubles tournaments a month, that would be amazing. Then we could consider a better prize event including something from the High to Upper High tiers once a quarter or so. The Highest tier should only be used when considering seasonal tournament series. 

We really need to differentiate between doubles and singles. There are a lot of overlaps and I feel as though doubles usually gets the reject prizes that the other tiers dont care about (marowak dodrio ect). Can we not just have the prizes being on completely seperate CDs for doubles and singles consdering how they are 2 completely different meta games and no way equatable. 

4 hours ago, Rendiz said:

We really need to differentiate between doubles and singles. There are a lot of overlaps and I feel as though doubles usually gets the reject prizes that the other tiers dont care about (marowak dodrio ect). Can we not just have the prizes being on completely seperate CDs for doubles and singles consdering how they are 2 completely different meta games and no way equatable. 

Agreed. 

13 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Viable Doubles Pokemon Worthy of a Shiny Prize by DoubleJ:

• Highest Tier 180+
    • Metagross, Aerodactyl, Blaziken, Vaporeon, Swampert, CharizardTaurosVenusaurBlastoise, Typhlosion
  • Upper High-Tier 100-180
    • Salamence, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Hitmontop, MiloticGardevoir, Jolteon
  • High Tier 60-100
    • Snorlax, Blissey, Kangaskhan
  • Mid Tier
    • Heracross, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Dusclops, Starmie, Arcanine, Clefable, Manectric, Raichu, Alakazam
  • Common Tier
    • Gengar, Gyarados, Hariyama, Crobat, Ninjask, Tentacruel, Marowak, Machamp

You're not much of a shiny trader are you JJ?

e: roses are red, violets are blue, you fucked up the reds but the greens are true

also added in blue the things that require a hidden power

Edited by Draekyn

Yeah looking at the list its clear there is a problem where a lot of the mid tier shinys are taken by the other tiers which leaves doubles having only the super rare ones or the super shit ones which either makes hosting doubles officials really bad because you are giving out a shit prize or really hard to justify since you are giving a crazy rare shiny. 

Hera, Arca, Gyarados are good examples of nice shinys for doubles that we never get to see. I'm sure there are also some OU players who would like a shiny Ludi and UU players who would like a shiny manec but are also never given the chance because they are always doubles prizes.

I understand that maybe the staff want to give the players who win these a more unique feeling since not many other people will have their shiny but I really don't think this should be an issue with the lower shinys since they aren't supposed to be rare shinys to begin with. Also as someone who has a couple of the mid tier shinys I give 0 fucks if some1 else wins one, ofc this would be a different story for a more rare shiny but that isn't what we are talking about . If we separate the CDs on these prizes for the mid and lower tier prizes it would free up a lot of really cool options and honestly would be beneficial to everyone.

Edit: Not trying to sound like I'm uguuing at you Raederz as I really do appreciate it when any doubles tournament is hosted just discussions for the future. Maybe this isn't the right place for this discussion but it needs to be said at some point.

Edited by Rendiz