[PSL 6] Playoff Finals

6 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

From the week 7 OP:

Revealing Teams & Sets

Reveal hidden contents

Don't be that dodo head in normal chat predicting moves and possibly altering the events of a match (looks at Burntzebra). It isn't competitive and we want to see the players make their own plays without outside influence. 

There's literally only 5 rules listed in the PSL weekly threads and this is one of them lol. I mean I probably would never enforce the rule unless it blatantly affected the outcome but why would you even do it? Is it really that hard not to be blurting out sets during a match? This has been a rule since PSL 1 too, and it always pisses me off when it isn't followed - showdown matches are the worst offenders usually. But don't pretend like JJ's rage is unfounded, just don't break 20% of the PSL rules at one time and you'd have been fine

But that's the thing, I didn't predict anything. I called them after they happened, so everybody had already seen it. If I had said something like "If Schu is real he hp ice's predicting JJ to swap to a ground type" then there is an argument to be had. Everything Schuchty did in that match was of his own accordance, there was no influence whatsoever. If we really want to bring this up I would've screen team chat during the match, but I didn't really care if they were saying what JJ should do in team. I guess I assumed JJ already knew what he should do since he's a good player. The same could be said about Schuchty, like give him the benefit of the doubt, you don't go 9-0 in a season by being bad.

Just now, Kizhaz said:

But that's the thing, I didn't predict anything. I called them after they happened, so everybody had already seen it. If I had said something like "If Schu is real he hp ice's predicting JJ to swap to a ground type" then there is an argument to be had. Everything Schuchty did in that match was of his own accordance, there was no influence whatsoever. If we really want to bring this up I would've screen team chat during the match, but I didn't really care if they were saying what JJ should do in team. I guess I assumed JJ already knew what he should do since he's a good player. The same could be said about Schuchty, like give him the benefit of the doubt, you don't go 9-0 in a season by being bad.

No I'm def. not saying schuchty is bad, he is god, and I even said I wouldn't enforce the rule if it didnt affect the outcome of the match (doubt you did in any way) but my point was just, why do it at all? Even saying things after they "happened" can still tip someone's hand down the line, you just never know. That's why it's literally a rule not to do it at all lel. Just saying, an apology might suffice a little better than "dude y u mad bro"

10 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

No I'm def. not saying schuchty is bad, he is god, and I even said I wouldn't enforce the rule if it didnt affect the outcome of the match (doubt you did in any way) but my point was just, why do it at all? Even saying things after they "happened" can still tip someone's hand down the line, you just never know. That's why it's literally a rule not to do it at all lel. Just saying, an apology might suffice a little better than "dude y u mad bro"

"Even saying things after they "happened" can still tip someone's hand down the line, you just never know." But that's where the players experience comes into it, which is why I brought up that both players are good. What I said could literally not have any impact on that match at all. The reason why to say it at all; I'll bring up 2 turns later when Schu left his Mag in on Flygon and killed it with hp ice. The chat blew up because it was hype asf, it's the same reason people want to see tournaments at Silph again. A match with no commentary is boring, trust me if I knew it was gonna cause a shit fight afterwards I prob wouldn't have said a thing. As for you're last comment I'm just blatantly going to ignore it as I've been nothing but respectable to JJ, asking about his hostility towards me =/= "dude y u mad bro". I actually thought he was joking in team chat after the match if I'm honest, it wasn't until "are you fucking srs Kiz" that I realised.

I understand the salt, rules are rules and shouldn't be overcome, and the messages are in a sense, unsportsmanlike. However :

Kizhaz spectated the match just like anybody else, and if he wanted to coach he'd have done it by PM, his observation was everyone's, we were all hyped and willing to see what would happen on Schu's side since he noticed Skarm had no lefties instantly. If you take this message for a coaching, as little as it could have been, all the messages like "crit to win" flowing when there's an opportunity for a player to comeback on a crit, are also considered as coaching (as he may not have seen the play). Which means that in OU PSL, there is nothing but coaching in matches. Please, if you want to argue about borderline attitudes in the chat during a match, you better argue to make PSL matches private, cause this kind of messages will never stop flowing during the games.

This attitude coming from the manager, I understand the will to create a debate over it, but there's nothing to debate about, Schuchty won alone, and Kizhaz hyped the match among the crowd, nothing else.

Gg wp Schun90b.