PvE to PvP balance nonsense

13 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

It's very possible that we'll expand beyond that, with difficulty scaling for each legendary.

Ahh I see. I think you'll find competitive players less willing to sink time/resources into dungeons with legendaries like kyogre/mewtwo/etc. But since it'll be our first real PVE content there may still be a large draw 

12 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I am not concerned about they being OP or something,

I just find it silly to have ppl running legendaries like they

are normal pokemons...

Ubers tier exists for a reason anyway...

not sure how you can reconcile your first statement with your last one. If you acknowledge that some legendaries aren't OP (most, actually) then why mention ubers? Things like zapdos, entei, raikou, celebi would end up in OU not ubers 

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Ahh I see. I think you'll find competitive players less willing to sink time/resources into dungeons with legendaries like kyogre/mewtwo/etc. But since it'll be our first real PVE content there may still be a large draw 

not sure how you can reconcile your first statement with your last one. If you acknowledge that some legendaries aren't OP (most, actually) then why mention ubers? Things like zapdos, entei, raikou, celebi would end up in OU not ubers 

I mean, if they were going to be OP, they would just end

going to ubers, so I would have no reason to worry about

it anyway...

11 hours ago, Gunthug said:

The only problem I see with this is that these tourneys still affect the economy because they give cash prizes, and squirtle seems to be primarily concerned with the economic aspect. So I'd anticipate that this is a compromise he wouldn't go for, but I'd love to be wrong  

More compromising then.

Make the invitationals have an entry fee and lower the monetary prize, to bring them in line with Community Combat. Then it wouldn't be too bad to exempt them from the PvP ratio as the economic impact is off-set completely.

Food for thought: Economic impact of tournament prizes' cash money is quite low, because 60 people are not making any money for at least one hour. Joining a tournament has a high opportunity cost, as in players can not spend that time fighting NPC's to generate money. That opportunity cost can be an estimated 6M total (60 players making 100k/each in an hour is very feasible). So by holding a 64 man Tournament, theoretically there is 4M less yen being generated. This doesn't even include the cost of breeding pokemon to enter such a tournament! Without Tournaments, breeding pokemon wouldn't be as much of a money sink as it is now.

Team Tournament exempt from the ratio in my opinion is a no-brainer. It's a tradition and not being able to host one each month would be very stupid.