Encounters - Shortstory Writing Contest Results

XelaKebert

Before I get to the results I'd like to sincerely apologize for the extreme delay in getting these results to you all. All of us appreciated the effort and creativity that went into creating every entry. We understand that you are disappointed in the time it took for us to finish judging this contest and we will work towards fixing any underlying issues that caused a delay in future events. We thank you for your patience and understanding as well.

That being said, while every entry was creative and had a lot of effort put into it, we found the following stories to be the best of the entries received. Thank you to every person who took part and made this contest fun and difficult to judge. Now, without further ado, the results of this contest.

First Place: Gunthug

Judges especially liked this hard adult-like climate Gunthug managed to made. Despite it being shortstory he could bring his characters to life,making reader feel like it's real story, that could happend moments ago. This helped building mysterious feeling of danger, just right before real danger had place. Even if Gunthug explained a little "what" is making peril for our heroes, reader can still wonder why all of this had place.
It was well worded, and greatly made piece of work, congratulations Gunthug! 

Second Place: GergFalerg 

Judges really loved little details in this story. This small, creative twist about squirtle was pretty clever way of bringing attention to demon girl. We liked how well backstory fit with main event in entry. We were glad that Gerg managed to connect his entry with our event, which makes this feeling like it happend in PokeMMO directly.  Besides, this was well writen story with creepy feeling, congratulations GergFalerg!

Honorable mention: Gilan

Same thing can be told about Gilans entry, using pumpking was great idea too, and it lost very close to GergFalerg entry. We hope you will take a part in next contest Gilan!

Link to thread:

haha, finally =P

Surprised I got the honorable mention =)

Not surprised that @Gunthug and @GergFalerg won ;)

Thanks for hosting the writing competition @Bearminator! I look forward to participating in the next one and providing an even more polished piece.

Just wanted to give a special shout out to @Bluebird and the rest of the Desu Labcoat Club members =)

On 12/3/2016 at 9:50 AM, Gunthug said:

Wow thanks fellas, I had convinced myself that I'd be lucky to get top 3 with how good the entries were this contest. Oh, and don't worry about the delay - I know from running my own writing contest just how much effort goes into judging these things. Looking forward to the next one! 

What

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

You're welcome to enter the next one, though with Kurodashi MIA I'm not sure who will host it 

Maybe. I do remember coming close to beating you in the changing perspective writing contest. If I spend more time writing instead of drawing cute girls the results might've been different, but then again drawing cute girls motivates me.

What even happened to kusodashi? Not that I really care, but he vanished off the face of the planet.

21 minutes ago, Moetal said:

Maybe. I do remember coming close to beating you in the changing perspective writing contest. If I spend more time writing instead of drawing cute girls the results might've been different, but then again drawing cute girls motivates me.

What even happened to kusodashi? Not that I really care, but he vanished off the face of the planet.

He hasn't even viewed our PSL team message since last Friday, so at this point there's no telling whether he still has a pulse or not. The thought of going 4 days without checking forums is a foreign concept to me 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Munya unpinned this topic
  • Zehkar locked this topic