A tournament or series idea.

With some creative tournaments being made, it got me thinking of others... and so, I present an idea I thought of, let me know what you think. I'm not sure if this has ever been thought of or done.

1. So to start with, the host would create a shortlist of all players that want to play, just like the PSL player signup style.

2. The host would then gather a bunch of rich players. Shiny traders could come in here, and it would be cool to mix the shiny traders with the comp players in a tourney or series. These guys would be our team managers/chairmen.

Now we've got our player shortlist and our rich managers.

In a PSL style bidding system, the rich managers can use their own personal money to bid on players, bidding as much as they want to obtain the player. The amount of cash bidded on that player would go directly to the player who they bidded on.

The idea is the player who they purchased would then be owned by the manager to play for them for the tournament/series, for the fee they paid. The managers can then build their team and try win the tournament/series taking home all of the winnings themselves since they have already paid the players, with maybe a winning bonus to the players.

The rich managers could also be known as chairmen if they wanted to buy a manager(who is more experienced in comp scene to get a better squad for a better price and position them correctly).

Thoughts? I think it would be cool, if you like it, someone should host one.

Make teams pay a large registration fee (hence the importance of a chairman/rich manager), which leads to a larger prize pool as a result which encourages managers to participate in the first place. Winning team's manager gets all prize pool, how they spend/split it is up to them.

Edited by Moetal
10 minutes ago, Linken said:

System is flawed because richer people automatically have the advantage to outbuy other less "gifted" managers. At worst one person theoratically buy everyone if their wealth allows it

Exactly. Just like in football(soccer).

The system is ruthless, and probably not fair.. But definitely fun.

Well, I was thinking.. If the pot reward at the end goes to the chairman since the players are already given money when they are purchased... How do we keep them motivated and wanting to win.

I have a solution:

They don't receive their buy price, but instead the buy price gets divided by how many games they play and that amount is how much they get per win.

Example: Frags gets purchased for 4m, I don't know how we'd know how many games are to be played, but say he would play 6 games total.

4m divided by 6 = 666k each win

Maybe they could get half if they lose.

3 minutes ago, Linken said:

only mmo tiers or showdown tiers too?

Depends on what format is used. If it's a series like PSL, then why not add showdown tiers.

Edited by KaynineXL
1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

Well, I was thinking.. If the pot reward at the end goes to the chairman since the players are already given money when they are purchased... How do we keep them motivated and wanting to win.

I have a solution:

They don't receive their buy price, but instead the buy price gets divided by how many games they play and that amount is how much they get per win.

Example: Frags gets purchased for 4m, I don't know how we'd know how many games are to be played, but say he would play 6 games total.

Depends on what format is used. If it's a series like PSL, then why not add showdown tiers.

how about the buying price also goes into the pot which will be split up between the first 3 placed teams.

let's say the pot is 30 million. 15 for the first place, 10 for the second and 5 for the third.

Just now, Linken said:

let's see how 17 will turn out, 16 was pure bull**** and cancer

17 doesn't look bad for now tbh. No megas, legendaries, format isn't dominated by only one archetype of team and I see a lot of strategies around. And there isn't primal groudon on every fucking team

Just now, RysPicz said:

17 doesn't look bad for now tbh. No megas, legendaries, format isn't dominated by only one archetype of team and I see a lot of strategies around. And there isn't primal groudon on every fucking team

so it's like 15 again? sign me up ^^

7 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I have a solution:

Maybe they could get half if they lose.

That's the manager's job to keep players motivated. But if It was me, I'd buy a player for a small initial price, then the said player gets say 5% or something of the final winnings.

For example, first place prize is 100 million. I buy @DoctorPBC for 10 million to act as my team's manager, and I will pay him an additional 15% of the winnings (15 million) if he helps me win the season. Another manager or chairman can offer him a different deal, but he can only accept one per season, which will bind him to said team unless he is traded to another team.

6 minutes ago, Moetal said:

That's the manager's job to keep players motivated. But if It was me, I'd buy a player for a small initial price, then the said player gets say 5% or something of the final winnings.

For example, first place prize is 100 million. I buy @DoctorPBC for 10 million to act as my team's manager, and I will pay him an additional 15% of the winnings (15 million) if he helps me win the season. Another manager or chairman can offer him a different deal, but he can only accept one per season, which will bind him to said team unless he is traded to another team.

Image result for how about no

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.