ou assistance, team building.

Hello!  

Well at first: my first language isnt english.. dont mind any typus or grammar..

Iam pretty new to comp battles and just breeded weeks/months...

I've breeded some stuff and now iam trying to make a solid team out of it.

Thats what i have to choose from:

Alakazam timid / Psych/Toxin (Toxin is very experimental...)

Jolteon timid / Hp Ice / Sub / t-bolt /  s-ball

Weezing bolt /  Flamethrower or T-bolt / will-o-wisp / pain splitt / sludge bomb

Chansey Bolt / Toxin / Heal Bell / Aroma therapy / seismic toss

Arcanine modest / Sunny day / Solar beam / Flamethrower / extreme speed

Clefable bolt / Wish / Flamethrower / Toxin / protect

Umbreon careful / Toxin / wish / puirsuit / heal

Gyarados adamant / d-dance / earthquake / double edge

Skamory bolt  / Spikes / roar / whirlwind / ? 

Forretress bolt / Spikes / rapid spin / explosion / ?

Metagross solo / meteor mash / T-punch / agi / psych

They all have 30+ in main stats and should do well.

So iam struggling with a solid team.. i tried mostly a bulky team to stall the enemy down but i have major problems with stuff like blaziken which boost in fight... maybe iam doing wrong.

Also have 2m poke$ and a bunch of solid dittos to breed 2-3 pkm more but wanted to wait till i know which one  would make sense.

So iam here to get some advice to get started, also open for ingame "training"

Imo, the best way of learning what's good and what isn't, is to take 6 pokemon from the pokemon available and just go around testing it in matchmaking.

you can use a balanced team - 1 spdef wall - 2 phys defensive walls - 1 spinner/spiker - 1 physical sweeper - 1 special sweeper

and see how it go, then if you notice any weaknesses you can start tweaking your team to satisfy your needs. Also if you are struggling with blaziken, bulky starmies aret he best counter to it, also milotic/slowbro is a good switch in but if it's damage from before, or if the blaziken is SD set, any of the mentioned above will die to a +2 tpunch/superpower. 

18 hours ago, BlackJovi said:

Imo, the best way of learning what's good and what isn't, is to take 6 pokemon from the pokemon available and just go around testing it in matchmaking.

you can use a balanced team - 1 spdef wall - 2 phys defensive walls - 1 spinner/spiker - 1 physical sweeper - 1 special sweeper

and see how it go, then if you notice any weaknesses you can start tweaking your team to satisfy your needs. Also if you are struggling with blaziken, bulky starmies aret he best counter to it, also milotic/slowbro is a good switch in but if it's damage from before, or if the blaziken is SD set, any of the mentioned above will die to a +2 tpunch/superpower. 

Thanks man. I already thought about slowbro and starmie.. but after breeding a metagross my motivation to breed another genderless pkm is at zero :D

(So if ya know someone who is selling a good one.. shoot me a message)

I tried a bit around today and i guess i will start to breed a slowbro at first... he seems really good and has a large pool to choose from. I got rekt several times from a slowbro too because they start, just like blaziken, to boost stats once i start to stall, spreading toxin etc. 

Any suggestions about slowbro, specificly to handle stuff that is able to boost (like blaziken, gyara etc)?

Edited by Johnwaynee
5 hours ago, Johnwaynee said:

Thanks man. I already thought about slowbro and starmie.. but after breeding a metagross my motivation to breed another genderless pkm is at zero :D

(So if ya know someone who is selling a good one.. shoot me a message)

I tried a bit around today and i guess i will start to breed a slowbro at first... he seems really good and has a large pool to choose from. I got rekt several times from a slowbro too because they start, just like blaziken, to boost stats once i start to stall, spreading toxin etc. 

Any suggestions about slowbro, specificly to handle stuff that is able to boost (like blaziken, gyara etc)?

Slowbro is best bold max hp + def evs.. you can run things like twave/trick/toxic, then slack off, psychic, surf. You can throw in hp elec in there too if you dont have a nice gyara counter.

maybe the problem is that you are mixing only super defensive pokes with super fast pokes... need the damage!

try with pokes that are faster than wall breakers and strong enough to kill a damaged wall... like adamant tauros...

you dont need a super fast jolteon or alakhazam if you have such a super tanky team... if they have something fast, just wall it... if they have a wall breaker, use adamant tauros/flygon and force him to pay for killing one of your walls!

• Mike locked this topic