OU Team - I miss snorlax so much Q_Q

Before snorlax became uber, my ou team was made up of:

Aerodactyl > jolly; 5x31 (no sp atk); 6hp/252atk/252speed; moveset: rock slide, crunch, earthquake, double-edge; item: life orb

Arcanine > relaxed; 6x31; 252hp/252def/6speed; moveset: flamethrower, extremespeed, morning sun, toxic; item: leftovers; ability: intimidate

Ursaring > adamant; 5x31 (no sp atk); 6hp/252atk/252speed; moveset: swords dance, return, earthquake, fire punch; item: leftovers

Snorlax Q_Q > careful; 4x31 (no speed, sp atk); 188hp/104def/218spdef; moveset: fire punch, rest, curse, body slam; item: leftovers; ability: immunity

Starmie > timid; 20/x/22/31/22/31; 6hp/252spatk/252speed; moveset: thunderbolt, surf, psychic, recover; item: life orb

Magneton > modest; 22/x/27/30/25/30; 96hp/248spatk/166speed; moveset: thunderbolt, metal sound, substitute; hidden power fire; item: leftovers; ability: magnet pull

I really liked this team but now I have to revise it. To replace snorlax, even if I know that this is not completely possible, I thought to many solutions: dusclops, chansey, milotic, umbreon. Which is better?  Do I need to change other pokémon in my team? For example, I thought to replace aerodactyl with adamant flygon. Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English (I'm Italian) <3

Edited by ShimoSan98

If you are concerned about special defense, you just have to make sure you have a way of dealing with the threats that the special wall cannot cover.  

For example, if you choose umbreon, you cannot use umbreon to face magneton unless you have hidden power fire. A potential answer for that situation would be swampert unless the magneton is hidden power grass.

Another example: for chansey, you have to watch for pursuit/trapping and threats that seismic toss is ineffective against (such as growth  venusaur that are everywhere). You would need a different answer for things with recovery+growth/calm mind.

Porygon2 and Gardevoir are also options and so is using a core of 2 or 3 pokemon who can play around strong special attacks.

There is a 0% chance snorlax will come back. The community has historically enjoyed the easy switch in spot as a way to get in life orbs, choice bands, gut users, growth users, basically anything at little to no cost. Centralization and variety will be cited as reasoning. 

53 minutes ago, ReaLMayer said:

There is a 0% chance snorlax will come back.  

That's not true. Snorlax is test-banned so there is chance he will come back. 

53 minutes ago, ReaLMayer said:

Another example: for chansey, you have to watch for trapping 

Chansey can hold shed hull to switch out even if trap pkmn like trapinch would come into play. 

9 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I see some ppl replacing snorlax with Miltank and looks like it works well.

1 hour ago, ReaLMayer said:

If you are concerned about special defense, you just have to make sure you have a way of dealing with the threats that the special wall cannot cover.  

For example, if you choose umbreon, you cannot use umbreon to face magneton unless you have hidden power fire. A potential answer for that situation would be swampert unless the magneton is hidden power grass.

Another example: for chansey, you have to watch for pursuit/trapping and threats that seismic toss is ineffective against (such as growth  venusaur that are everywhere). You would need a different answer for things with recovery+growth/calm mind.

Porygon2 and Gardevoir are also options and so is using a core of 2 or 3 pokemon who can play around strong special attacks.

There is a 0% chance snorlax will come back. The community has historically enjoyed the easy switch in spot as a way to get in life orbs, choice bands, gut users, growth users, basically anything at little to no cost. Centralization and variety will be cited as reasoning. 

6 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

That's not true. Snorlax is test-banned so there is chance he will come back. 

Chansey can hold shed hull to switch out even if trap pkmn like trapinch would come into play. 

Thank you very much!

• Mike locked this topic