Trade Corner

Draekyn

Question

4 answers to this question

I don't know what inherently is wrong about value discussion anyways. Some of the discussions can actually be informing to people. If you were to discuss the value of Sticks, Berries, Shards etc. you could actually have people reason how getting certain item took certain amount of time, therefor they find the right value to be the one they think it is. There are some discussions that are a bit harder, like comps and shinies (especially shinies, and the reason why the old VD got a bit cancerous) but even those can be discussed in civil matter (rarity, aesthetics, and whatnots) while discussing how much certain IVd comps go for is also very informing for new players as well.

To say "GTL defines the true value" is not true for many reasons, people sell cheaper then they could get if they need yen or box space so saying "the cheapest is the commodity's real value" is not true. It's like saying the value of an item in real life is gonna be the price that item was once sold in "everything must go!" - sales.

Originally, my gripe with VD was that people wouldn't really buy or sell a cheapo shiny for like, more than 100k above or below its VD listing.

Deleting this easy to search archive of "oh shit there's a new shiny with the release of hoenn, someone finally sold a clamperl for the baseless random amount of 10mil, and now clamperl is worth 10mil based off recent sale history".

Idk, I thought not having these mega price lists would promote more leeway in shiny prices, more room for personal estimation, more skill than scamming noobs who didn't read VD, etc.

Except now the problem is that everyone is so scared shitless of fucking up that nobody trades anymore at all--to an extent that well, I wouldn't be against bringing it back if felt necessary.