NU Team Suggestions

As the title "suggests" I would like some advice for my NU team. As of now I have:

Primeape 

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Vital Spirit

Item: Swift Choice Band

EVs: 252 Attack & Speed 6 HP

-Cross Chop

-Earthquake

-Fire Punch

-Rock Slide

Lickitung

Nature: Careful

Ability: Own Tempo

Item: Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP & Sp. Def 6 Attack

-Curse

-Rest

-Sleep Talk

-Body Slam

Seaking

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Water Veil

Item: Life Ball

EVs: 252 Attack & Speed 6 HP

-Agility

-Double-Edge

-Megahorn

-Waterfall

Lunatone

Nature: Modest

Ability: Levitate

Item: Special Choice Band

EVs: 252 HP & Sp. Attack 6 Speed

-Psychic

-Ancient Power

-Ice Beam

-Shadow Ball

Thank you for your help(Also, F!ck yeah Seaking!)!

Edited by 3106132
Forgot to put luna's EVs in.

Those are all low usage NU's. As cool as they are, they wont last long vs the meta. If I were you, I'd begin with the more commonly used ones, i.e.

Bellossom | Camerupt | Claydol | Electabuzz | Electrode

Fearow | Flareon | Gligar | Golduck | Golem

Granbull | Grumpig | Hitmontop | Kabutops | Kadabra

Kecleon | Kingler | Magmar | Misdreavus | Muk

Nidoking | Pinsir | Poliwrath | Raichu | Roselia

Scyther | Sharpedo | Shuckle | Solrock | Stantler

Tangela | Torkoal | Tropius | Venomoth | Victreebel

Walrein | Whiscash | Xatu

Try this guide:

you need a physical wall, I would suggest you Poliwrath, Tangela or Golem, remind that with Golem you will have two water weakness and only seaking that resists it, you should be aware of that, with Poliwrath you will have two psychics weakness, but it seems that Lunatone and Licktung are good at it.

Since you have Agility in your Seaking, I would drop some Speed evs for some HP, or I would replace Agility for Ice Beam (it will hit hard tangelas than megahorn)

I would also think about mixed bulky Camerupt (with 252 HP and mixed evs in Atk and SpA, with toxic, flamethrower and earthquake), Nidoqueen could also play that role (if it is still NU), but always be aware if you have too much weakness.

Also, I must say, calm mind Xatu is pretty strong in the NU, if you want to replace your Lunatone.

Hope you can find a good time that isn't the standard :)

On 25/11/2016 at 8:39 AM, felix said:

you need a physical wall, I would suggest you Poliwrath, Tangela or Golem, remind that with Golem you will have two water weakness and only seaking that resists it, you should be aware of that, with Poliwrath you will have two psychics weakness, but it seems that Lunatone and Licktung are good at it.

Since you have Agility in your Seaking, I would drop some Speed evs for some HP, or I would replace Agility for Ice Beam (it will hit hard tangelas than megahorn)

I would also think about mixed bulky Camerupt (with 252 HP and mixed evs in Atk and SpA, with toxic, flamethrower and earthquake), Nidoqueen could also play that role (if it is still NU), but always be aware if you have too much weakness.

Also, I must say, calm mind Xatu is pretty strong in the NU, if you want to replace your Lunatone.

Hope you can find a good time that isn't the standard :)

Thanks, I don't really wanna use Poliwrath because I would be repeating two types. Tangela seems like my best option for a physical wall, Nidoqueen is UU now (as you suspected). Camerupt sounds pretty good since having a Pokemon that goes both ways sounds pretty good! Thank you again!

You could run 148 speed evs at 31iv with adamant seaking and toss the 100 or so into HP. 

Would you consider making this team more of a rain dance team?

Are you trying for more hyper offense?

Lickitung has a fairly low attack stat for curse in my opinion. Have you done some calcs for it?

Also things like Golem, Relicanth for blocking fearow/scyther attacks can be handy. Or running misdreavus / sableye to be immune to normal spam. They help you from getting swept.

18 minutes ago, GBush said:

Have you done some calcs for it?

You what?

Also, don´t feel tempted to use what other ppl use. Anyway, lickitung could be of some use with knock off instead curse. For a scarf, primeape would not be the best choice. Seaking and lunatone are fine. 

Im not too confident about walls in NU but some bulky offensive mons might to the trick

On 11/27/2016 at 8:43 AM, GBush said:

You could run 148 speed evs at 31iv with adamant seaking and toss the 100 or so into HP. 

Would you consider making this team more of a rain dance team?

The HP investment is a good idea I should definitely do but, I don't want it to be a Rain Dance team. In fact, what is a good move set for Torkoal?

1 minute ago, 3106132 said:

The HP investment is a good idea I should definitely do but, I don't want it to be a Rain Dance team. In fact, what is a good move set for Torkoal?

Well you can use that investment if you plan on running agility as well.

Torkoal can be relaxed with

Flamethrower

Earthquake

Toxic

Rest

Or 

Bold with

Flamethrower

Toxic

Sleep Talk

Rest

3 hours ago, GBush said:

Well you can use that investment if you plan on running agility as well.

Torkoal can be relaxed with

Flamethrower

Earthquake

Toxic

Rest

Or 

Bold with

Flamethrower

Toxic

Sleep Talk

Rest

Thanks, what about EV's though? 252 HP & Def?

• Mike locked this topic