Leech Life, should it be updated to gen 7

Elliasal

Question

Hello everyone! I have been in nose deep looking into sun and moon moves and stat changes, and out of all of them, leech life seemed like the one place to start. Now leech life is only on a few pokemon, such as crobat, who sees a considerable useage in uu. After that there is not much buff to good pokemon in the meta, but to pokemon who sees low useage such as paracest. Still the jump from 20 base power to 80 seems a bit extreme, it would be nice to see nu expand more as a result.

13 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

Seems like a pretty good idea to me considering our massive lack of bug moves.

Then again look at the list of pokes that learn it.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/leechlife.shtml

In practice, only Ninjask/ Shedinja would get a dank stab and... that's about it. Maybe Crobat would start using a CB set with this to fuck up some Exeggutors and Slowkings.

On 18/11/2016 at 0:07 PM, RysPicz said:

Then again look at the list of pokes that learn it.

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-xy/leechlife.shtml

In practice, only Ninjask/ Shedinja would get a dank stab and... that's about it. Maybe Crobat would start using a CB set with this to fuck up some Exeggutors and Slowkings.

Ariados get buffed too..parasect can get a somewhat support/annoyer/staller set

Just now, SirYurop said:

Ariados get buffed too..parasect can get a somewhat support/annoyer/staller set

Ariados can use Megahorn already, although shaky accuracy, it has 60 more effective base power compared to upgraded Leech Life. I agree with Sect though but let's be serious, Marsus isn't around to play it

I personaly don't like the ideia of updating only 1 specific move to an later gen mechanic, if it has to be done

so we have to get the changes of all the other moves that had their mechanics or stats changed aswell imo...

but at this point, I would just prefer to have gen4 moves instead...

59 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I personaly don't like the ideia of updating only 1 specific move to an later gen mechanic, if it has to be done

so we have to get the changes of all the other moves that had their mechanics or stats changed aswell imo...

but at this point, I would just prefer to have gen4 moves instead...

We already have moves that have mechanics from newer generations and moves that still have gen 3 mechanics, it wouldn't be much different than it already is if some moves got updated before others.  I don't know how I feel about this change though, I'm not a competitive player and don't know the impact it would have on the game.

Well one move that has been bumped up all the way to gen 6 mechanics is meteor mash. Gens 3-5 it has 100 base power and 85% acc, however we run the gen 6 of 90 base power 90 acc. This was done of course to an already powerful pokemon such as metagross doesn't rule the OU meta game. Leech Life for the most part has been useless to the pokemon who have access to it, and for the most part have need seen the light of day in comp events unless the person like the pokemon. (aside from crobat which I have mentioned before)

2 hours ago, Munya said:

We already have moves that have mechanics from newer generations and moves that still have gen 3 mechanics, it wouldn't be much different than it already is if some moves got updated before others.  I don't know how I feel about this change though, I'm not a competitive player and don't know the impact it would have on the game.

Well, since this is already the case it would be pointless to disagree with the change...

I thought that we were following full gen4 or 5 mechanics...

8 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

the real question is,

is zubat too op in story runs with it?

Are you asking whether wilds are too powerful or whether owning one with Leech Life would be?

Because it's learnset pushes it's ability to learn this move back til level 31 and gets replaced with Absorb.