uu/nu matchmaking/ranked

Hi I was wondering when the uu/nu matchmaking will be sorted out as I feel forced to play ou or do the battle frontier for battle points.  I think more attention needs to be given to these tiers, I have seen people use uu and nu teams in ou ranked just to be able to play.  If your going to make a lot of official events (which I have seen quite a few lately) for u.u/nu then people need to try out teams and be able to get battle points for moves etc but atm we are unable to use the pvp tab unless its ou.  Please would you look into this as a lot of people don't want to play ou all the time

About Unranked/Ranked Matchmakings. I guess here the place for talk about it.

1) I cant find battle at unrankeds except OU tier.

2) I cant find Ranked too. And Ranked times are late for me. 

3) About Leaderboard , i cannot see weekly list or monthly. Only total.

4) Playing ranked and being best at that list has no meaning for me because nobody wanna play at there. And with 1000 BP entry fee, after a little grind at battle frontier everybody can join and feed.

Hide contents

Suggestions, writing without think;

For 1) Maybe special days for tiers. Example: Only UU unranked at Monday, NU-Tuesday, Doubles-Wednesday , All tiers-Other days.

For 2) Actually i didnt think anything for that one but. Maybe 3 times in a day with 8 hours different. And every period 3 hours to enter duels.

For 3) Maybe my game has problem ,i dont know. Do you guys able to see Monthly or Weekly leaderboard list ? 

For 4) Joining with 1000 BP and winning 4000 BP kinda i dont know. My question is , what can happen if people can joins with 3000 BP and gains 9000 BP. Can be more seriouss and rankeds became more important? And with 3000 BP entry fee, battle frontier or trainer tower can work more maybe. Im just thinking.

Actually question is , while we have automated tournaments, why i must try to play at rankeds so , 

Brainstorm-Question, If ranked matchmaking removes from game , what can happen , its important ? 

Thats my personal opinion, can be wrong. 

Edited by FinnTheMember
Just now, BlackJovi said:

There were a couple of nu games going on right now so its confirmed it works.. Ranked is another issue tho. 

I mean, I confirmed it like months ago.  People just don't queue for it.  They try, find out everybody does OU, and go to queue for OU.

6 hours ago, Munya said:

I mean, I confirmed it like months ago.  People just don't queue for it.  They try, find out everybody does OU, and go to queue for OU.

People don't queue because everyone believes you can't find a game. If I knew I could find games, I'd, along with many others queue.

We need a new system that clearly shows when ranked is up, or reward players for playing lower demand tiers imo to get the ball rolling.

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

People don't queue because everyone believes you can't find a game. If I knew I could find games, I'd, along with many others queue.

We need a new system that clearly shows when ranked is up, or reward players for playing lower demand tiers imo to get the ball rolling.

+1

I´m new and made a comp team for NU. At havin3 competives, i decided to give it a try just for checking the other NU Players.

Bullshit, 20 minutes in matchmakingqueqe without any match. So i am selling my NU´s now for OU´s. Because it makes no sense, i woint get BP and i understand why only highendgamelevel players take the ffort for NU.

There should be a consistend demand for all pokemons and use and it is the work of designers, to find solutions for that. I´m sure they are at it already. So tell us ur plans. This would bring alot of sense to this discussion, while our thooughts seem to be complete senseless.

When there are tiers and tier policies, why not say: NU 500BP per win, UU400BP, OU350BP + an amount for winstreaks.

OR: "you can´t choose this Tier(UU/OU), you have to have sucess(10wins ex.) in the lower tiers before.

@Kyu @Desu You guys should respond to these kind of threads, even if the response isn't conclusive

If the issue is that you don't want skim through dozens of random threads, have a staff person that is relevant to the comp community filter them and be the intermediary

Because this is what most people think

10 hours ago, BlackJovi said:

implying devs give a single fuck about this. 

1 minute ago, Draekyn said:

@Kyu @Desu You guys should respond to these kind of threads, even if the response isn't conclusive

If the issue is that you don't want skim through dozens of random threads, have a staff person that is relevant to the comp community filter them and be the intermediary

Because this is what most people think

Can't blame me for saying it looks like it.. literally no answer in like 6 -7 threads

16 hours ago, FinnTheMember said:

Maybe special days for tiers. Example: Only UU unranked at Monday, NU-Tuesday, Doubles-Wednesday , All tiers-Other days.

hmm.. how about extra BP or doubled BP of they win? i mean ..example..

monday: people who play on UU got extra BP compare to normal if they win..

Tuesday: people who play on NU got extra Bp compare to normal if they win

wednesday: people who play on OU got extra Bp compare to normal.. 

vice -versa

I dont want ou to be nerfed at all, the point of this thread is to get an explanation for why the other tiers are suffering. It becomes a direct failure when people are using uu/nu teams in "ou". Hosting plenty of nu/uu officals is all well and good but this only increases the elitism within these tiers. I am still shocked as 90% of people believe the nu/uu options to be bugged thus forcing players to focus on ou for their bp. This issue has to be addressed asap. Again I am not asking for increased rewards etc only for us to be able to use the tier of our choice.

actually increased rewards would be the only reason I would ever do NU/UU unless doing NU/UU would be forced for 1 or another reason.

Why OU and not NU/UU? that's the simple answer, u want the best pokes for pve with which u can pvp too. That's where OU comes into play, some ppl. even breed ubers which they can't use in pvp at all (let us ignore double battles which happen seldom and uber singles I am yet to remeber to see in tourneys), and let's face the fact OU> NU/UU.

So why would I want to breed entire team of NU/UU if they will be useless to me in PvE content when I can just PvP in OU?

I personally bred my entire team such that I would be able to do well in pve content and pvp (and I believe 90% of other players did the same - if u have a choice of 1 poke to breed, u really wont go picking weak poke to breed UNLESS there is a very good reason/reward), which are all OU. I won't go to NU/U with 1x31s just to have my ass kicked and get 0 rewards since reward buffs will be for winning side, if I really want to go to NU/UU it better be worth my time breeding 4x31+ team pokes and investing shitload of time in that. Else I will just breed strong poke and do OU.....

I suggest, if extra reward reward, it should be either something that would give strong incentive to do that tier, that is  extra buffed reward (BP) or exclusive rewards for tier where u wont be able to get anywhere else in other tier. Such as maybe:  10 wins for exra shiny encounter rate for so-and-so long for 1 tier, then for another tier % (and no not 1 or 5% but ~50% which would translate to maybe around 50-100k a day if u grind ALL) extra $ generated from battles and npcs for so and so long (maybe 30 h since reward start), then last one something else.

Edited by elfZ