[USA] Election Thread

DoubleJ

Who you got?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. President

• Trump
    • Hillary

26 minutes ago, Munya said:

I don't think there would be riots though, at least I wouldn't be.

There wasn't either time obama won.

That's because most conservatives are "silent" and don't have the time to go and protest.

Also, we would have been called sexists had we done so, so that alone would dissuade many conservatives from protesting.

So Donald Trump apparently has no experience in politics and wasn't a member of a previous candidate / president.

He comes into power and already one of the 'policies' have been removed from the official website. (Banning all Muslims)

Although I don't agree with either candidate or their 'policies', take this into perspective - Based on my countries politics, candidates (left and right wing) usually get their votes by manipulating peoples emotions (anger/fear). This was the case in the apparent excessive immigration and rise of ISIS / terrorist attacks. Extreme incidents caused extreme 'measures' by Trump.

Realistically, did you ever expect him to go along with banning muslims? He won't build a wall either, trust me. Like all politicians, they all say what you want to hear, because sadly so many people are gullible, unaware of the consequences due to their irrational fear. Did he even make his policies clear?

What I'm trying to say is Donald Trump, like anyone else, has unfortunately fooled the people. Same would have gone with Hillary.

Either way, best of luck from a brit.

The funny thing is he wasn't calling himself a politician at first, then around the 2nd debate he finally called himself a politician.

The only thing about Trump is I believe he won't be as crooked as Hillary.

Will he do good for the country? I'd like to believe he will and prove everyone wrong who doubted him (would be nice to fix at least something in America)

I feel the most success he will have as president though will come from his business policies, since that's what he knows the most about.

Also, we already knew he had 0 experience in politics, half of America was just so fed up with the system they voted for him (myself included, but I have my own reasons as to why).

this is an excellent read. http://www.glennbeck.com/2016/11/10/what-a-gay-muslim-pakistani-american-immigrant-learned-traveling-to-rural-alaska-the-week-before-the-election/

as is this: http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-trumps-rise-that-no-one-talks-about/

As I talk to more and more of my liberal friends post-debate I am baffled by the things they are saying. The worst comment that I've heard came during a talk about how rural areas tend to vote conservative and big cities tend to vote liberal, and they said "That's because the people who live in rural areas are stupid, and people who live in the cities are smart" (this is a student who goes to the University of Texas in Austin). That fucking pissed me off. I've lived in the city my whole life (And Austin is an extremely liberal city), and the arrogance and the ignorance of my friend to say something like that was an eye opener to me. I realized that most of my liberal friends thought this way. They are so fucking self centered and narcissistic that they think that the only problems in the world are social issues and global warming; they never fucking stopped to think how the people in rural areas are actually living (which I took for a given. I thought everyone was aware of the struggles that rural people are currently facing; apparently not).

So when these liberal protesters are going around saying "Not our President". Well. Big fucking news flash, Obama wasn't their president. He didn't go out and fight for these people living in the rural areas; instead they lost their jobs while he passed executive orders for opposite sexes using the same restrooms, etc. And instead of blocking highways and being disruptive, these people protested by electing Trump as president; someone who has acknowledged them and said he would fight for them.

If you couldn't tell, I am triggered at the moment.

Now, my friends aren't bad people; I think the root of the problem is that they legitimately did not know what was going on in rural america, and I blame this on the Media. I've been trying to take a 3rd person viewpoint on this whole situation, and the more I think about it, the more I see just how much the media has twisted things to go the way that they want.

One last thing that I want to address in this post. The exit poll data showed that people with college degrees voted for Clinton more than Trump; so the natural conclusion is that smarter people voted for her. But then you got to ask yourself, doesn't that include all of the majors that don't actually count (I'm not gonna name specific ones to avoid pissing people off)? Cause I know a plethora of people with these majors who don't know/remember the first thing about economics, business, government, calculus, biology, and I can go on and on. So are you really going to call these people smarter than those who don't have a college degree but instead have years of actual experience? When you consider this, you'll understand why people who make $50,000+ voted more for trump, whereas those who make $50000- voted more for Clinton (that's per year).

Just some food for thought.

45 minutes ago, Gilan said:

One last thing that I want to address in this post. The exit poll data showed that people with college degrees voted for Clinton more than Trump; so the natural conclusion is that smarter people voted for her. But then you got to ask yourself, doesn't that include all of the majors that don't actually count (I'm not gonna name specific ones to avoid pissing people off)? Cause I know a plethora of people with these majors who don't know/remember the first thing about economics, business, government, calculus, biology, and I can go on and on. So are you really going to call these people smarter than those who don't have a college degree but instead have years of actual experience? When you consider this, you'll understand why people who make $50,000+ voted more for trump, whereas those who make $50000- voted more for Clinton (that's per year).

Just some food for thought.

If I can add to that, doctors dislike the Affordable care act and they have doctorates (I will not comment on if I agree or disagree with this). There is something in America called the "Silent Majority." I can tell you from experience, Trump was not just voted in by dumb white hillbillies (as the media commonly brands them), he was voted in by every deplorable Trump supporter (white, black, asian, etc).

As a Youtuber, you learn about branding, slogans, entertainment, Hillary lacked that excitement. Look at her rallies, she had to bring in Lady Gaga for entertainment and as for Trump, he didn't need additional entertainment. When I heard Trump speak, I heard the crowd chanting enthusiastically, "LOCK HER UP!" When I listen to Hillary, I hear zombies applauding for their queen. Now lets go to branding, Trump was a businessman for decades, he knows how to market his products. Let me give you the two brands to see what connects....

810d438770d92dca1a9a6505af05a93a.png VS 0ca794c2620064a77ab57a2e44c9edb4.png

Lets talk about the Trump sign first and then we will talk about what was lacking in the Clinton sign. Trump has an American theme to his sign. The stars on the top, red boarder and blue background. It makes you feel proud to be an American and that slogin "Make America Great Again!" He has a second slogin as well, "America First!" Now, if your were a voter in America, you would probably run to the man that paints a vivid picture of an innovative and exciting America. As a YouTuber, I learned basic slogin creation and branding, if you look at all three of my YouTube pages, I will discuss why I branded it the way I did and how Donald Trump had a remarkable amount of influence in the way I market my channels...

abef31483db41406ca1cab3eb5a2299a.png

Slogin: FAST! ACCURATE! UNBIASED! ROY ROGERS NEWS!

Reasoning for branding: Other than Squirtle being in charge of PokeMMO, I thought the Squirtle sprite in Pokemon Stadium encompasses the feel of the Roy Rogers News channel. Notice how the arms are extended and he opens his mouth, it give the appearance of objectivity and entertainment. Why the phone? Phones serve well in communication about news (like your friend telling you about his/her birthday, etc), so I wanted to give the feel of communicating headlines.

0a8e04b4dc47a6be6d9fe2ef0c9a72fa.png

Slogin: Help when you need it! It's a ROY ROGERS TUTORIAL!

Reasoning for branding: Hitmonlee kind of looks like a martial arts instructor, so I thought he would be fitting has a picture. Also look at the way he poses, it looks like he is ready to show off some of his moves for the sake of learning the technique. The books give the impression of garnering knowledge and I kind of want my viewers to associate this channel to gaining knowledge (it also helps that trees grow for many years and you could associate that with growing knowledge about PokeMMO).

59f1ae9dc0f39dc3def6781a34b65ea1.png

Slogin: Navigation is key to the Roy Rogers Walkthrough channel!

Reasoning for branding: The poke ball is the start of an adventure with picking your starter. As for the plant in the background, I want my viewers to "grow" with the walkthrough. People who own plants or gardens understand that feeling of wanting to see your plant life grow, so I thought it would be fitting for this channel.

How did Donald Trump have influence over my branding? Everyone knows Trump Tower and they associate it with success and prosperity, so I film content trying to bring in my best. At the end of my videos, I try to immediately repeat the slogin for that specific channel. All it takes is a slogin and an image to establish a good brand. Trump the person is even a brand, he is extremely enthusiastic (which I try to be) and he knows how to win an audience (doesn't matter if you love him or hate him, this man is excellent at this skill). I like making my content re watchable, so I try to spice it up with some humour (just like Trump does with his rallies). 

-----------------------------------

Now lets talk about Hillary's slogin, "Stronger Together." That's a terrible slogin because this is what I associate this slogin with..

1a2f5d471defc5bd54177cf67b4e001b.png

Voters are not people that need to be glued together in voting booths, they are people. Not everyone is the same and saying such is false. We all have our talents and abilities. Squirtle has a talent of leading a workforce, Frags has a talent of being an excellent competitive player, etc. Hillary's campaign lacked that understanding and thus lost the race. Not only that, she was competing against a business man who is great at branding things and he just called her "Crooked Hillary!" One of the worst types of people to compete against are businessmen. The devs and Squirtle came up with a brand that paints a picture of PokeMMO's performance as an online game: "No B*t, just games." If Hillary was advising PokeMMO on their brand, it would look something like this, "We love a glued community!"

Spoiler

As a YouTuber, you learn the basics of branding and slogin making. I learned from a lot of business people including the Donald himself. I try to effectively market my YouTube channel. I would not have Hillary Clinton near my mind in the marketing department. I will not disclose if I agree or disagree with her policies, but she is a terrible businesswoman.

Lots of people complaining about Trump... Poor souls don't realize how fortunate they are. I mean look at the South African President. When you guys talk about Harambe the first Image that pops up in my head is the face of Zuma. If you don't know who this proud sophisticated leader is, feel free to google him. He is the pinnacle of primitive evolution and a role model of pure corruption. Trump may not have a lot of experience as a politician but at least he is not an idiot. Maybe it is finally time for a change in America. TBH I was actually hoping Trump would win but when I saw the reaction of Hillary after he got elected that kinda made me sad because she was planning 8 years for this and out of no where Trump popped up and stole her thrown xDD.