Mail Sent History

Moetal

Question

Currently the game does not track what was sent out in the mail. A certain person claims I have not sent them a mail, although I believe I did. Did I mess up the name, did I not press send, or is the recipient trying to cheat me? A history of what was sent, even if it only keep your past five mails or your mails in the past week would be extremely helpful.

Edited by Moetal

14 answers to this question

This. 

This would help to prevent people from wrongly tarnishing your name by falsely claiming you've scammed them out of something. 

You could also include a feature to reclaim anything accidentally sent to the wrong person in the time before the recipient has opened the mail. 

+1

Edited by Zymogen
12 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

Thanks staff for deleting "unnensencary"  posts.

Edit: i also wanna mention that with the history track there might be a lot of trouble with fake edited SS.

The primary goal of the sent history is to remind the sender what they sent, not to prove it. Sure, they can be used as a proof, but as you pointed out screenshots can be edited. If someone really want to scam you, however, they can do it with or without the edited screenshots.

3 hours ago, Kanzo said:

Just like i said. What if i have an alt named "Moetak" "K" and "L" are neighbours.

Maybe someone who sent something to you he types fast make mistake and sent to Moetak.

So if there is a history they can track, they will know they have sent to the wrong person. which should stay hidden imo.

Bad idea -1

Thanks staff for deleting "unnensencary"  posts.

Edit: i also wanna mention that with the history track there might be a lot of trouble with fake edited SS.

can't tell if serious or trolling

The main reason this doesn't exist is that it would require making a copy of everything sent, including a copy of the detailed info for stats/skills/etc at the time of trade. We can't just reference the id, because they can be released, leveled, bred, retaught new skills.

The copy would also need to have 'versioning' and a compatibility layer to read old data.

One option might be to only store these temporarily. For example 24 hours or until a server restart. But is this enough of an addition to warrant the feature?

2 hours ago, Desu said:

The main reason this doesn't exist is that it would require making a copy of everything sent, including a copy of the detailed info for stats/skills/etc at the time of trade. We can't just reference the id, because they can be released, leveled, bred, retaught new skills.

The copy would also need to have 'versioning' and a compatibility layer to read old data.

One option might be to only store these temporarily. For example 24 hours or until a server restart. But is this enough of an addition to warrant the feature?

Well your approach was not exactly what I was thinking of. Sure, your way is much better and more detailed, but not necessarily. Let's say I sent a squirtle to Desu. The sent history will just have a remark a squirtle was attached, in brief text. You can also set the text to be more detailed, to include level, gender, move sets, egg moves, iv and ev, but those are luxury to be honest. A simple script to pull those info from an attachment and recorded in plain text should not take much to store.

On 9.11.2016 at 10:08 PM, Desu said:

Imo, yes. It would give us an opportunity to make a screenshot with confirmation that this exact mail was sent to the exact person, it would help some poor souls like myself as well who sent something to a wrong person because of the pop-out suggested names (which are incredibly annoying and are the reason for my loss) and it would prevent some scummy players from trying to rip off someone else, claiming they did not receive the mail.

Edited by RysPicz
fixed a typo

I think this is a good idea because in my team, we offer each other services. One team member makes her living by EV training pokemon for us. I make my living breeding and selling 5x20+ comps on the GTL. I use her quite often to ev train the pokemon I sell on the GTL.

I usually keep a box full of pokemon Im selling, so I send my teammate multiple pokemon at a time and very often forget myself what I have sent her. A history would really help in this area so I could keep track on my end what I send out. 

Me personally, I dont need any record of what items or pokemon was sent. Due to the nature of mail, and how you cannot reference what you took out of it, I write in what pokemon I sent in the message so my team mate doesnt get the EVs mixed up. All I would want to see is the text and maybe the date that I sent the mail. Similar to how claimed mail is already shown.

Edited by WolfgangDamien
added more info

I had an idea, if you did want to include a reference in the history mail, could you just display the image, and make it not clickable? If you receive a mail with a pokemon or item inside, you have the tiny little images inside the boxes, right? Well just show that in the history, but if you try to click on it have an error message come up like:

"This pokemon / item doesnt exist anymore.",

"You no longer own this pokemon / item.",

"Pokemon / item not found",

"You cannot view pokemon / items in your Mail History."

Similar to how when you link a pokemon in chat, but an error comes up when it's no longer in that person's party. 

then you'll have a solid reference of what was sent that you wont have to make specific references to ID numbers and whatnot. 

Edited by WolfgangDamien