Damage Percentages

Zymogen

Question

It's all well-and-good having the HP percentages show when you hover your cursor over the health bars of Pokemon, however I feel it necessary for the Battle chat tab to identify exactly how much, as a percentage, of the opponent's health was drained by the move played that turn. 

This would be beneficial in the instance of you having to turn away from your computer screen - for a split second perhaps due to something IRL - exactly as a damaging move is played; and instead of having to rely on other people to tell you/making an educated guess as to how much damage was dealt, you could just look back at the Battle tab and know the answer definitely. 

Pros: You name them.

Cons: ?????

Thanks for reading. 

4 answers to this question

I really like this idea. It can be helpful in figuring out if there are any bugs in move damages.

cons(featuring ds edition): you are supposed to know the damage a move inflicted through pure skill and sixth sense and concentrate on the game at arll times. This pomotes calcing and as i have said before using calcs is essentially cheating.

Edited by Bishav
1 hour ago, Zymogen said:

It's all well-and-good having the HP percentages show when you hover your cursor over the health bars of Pokemon, however I feel it necessary for the Battle chat tab to identify exactly how much, as a percentage, of the opponent's health was drained by the move played that turn. 

This would be beneficial in the instance of you having to turn away from your computer screen - for a split second perhaps due to something IRL - exactly as a damaging move is played; and instead of having to rely on other people to tell you/making an educated guess as to how much damage was dealt, you could just look back at the Battle tab and know the answer definitely. 

Pros: You name them.

Cons: ?????

Thanks for reading. 

I did not even know this.

Now I will win all my comp battles for sure!

Lost all my ranked battles lel