Tyrone's Actual Never-Used Tournament [Wednesday 23rd Nov]

Tyrone

12 minutes ago, silytoad said:

Would be so cool if this became an actual tier. I mean.. What speaks against it? We could start with 32man tourneys and it'd surely grow!

More diversity than LC will be guaranteed for sure!

It will imply that other tiers get less attention, less tournaments and players will therefore spend their ressources on different tiers. This will give us an unfavorable competitive environment since players will be divided. I rather reach the quarter finals of a tournament with a big competitive scene than winning a tournament in which I am the only participant. Furthermore, if we ever wish to see matchmaking work for other tiers than OU, it is imperative that we stop adding more official tiers since matchmaking is only possible if we have a large group of players that want to play in the same tier.

Edit: This new tier looks fun, but I would be sad if it ever became an official tier.

Edited by gbwead
2 hours ago, gbwead said:

It will imply that other tiers get less attention, less tournaments and players will therefore spend their ressources on different tiers. This will give us an unfavorable competitive environment since players will be divided. I rather reach the quarter finals of a tournament with a big competitive scene than winning a tournament in which I am the only participant. Furthermore, if we ever wish to see matchmaking work for other tiers than OU, it is imperative that we stop adding more official tiers since matchmaking is only possible if we have a large group of players that want to play in the same tier.

Edit: This new tier looks fun, but I would be sad if it ever became an official tier.

Can we remove OU as a tier and just have UU, NU, and PU?