Define the Sturdy - Steel Type Art Contest (November 5th - December 5th)

Rache

2oOPz0F.png

Explanation:

The Lilycove art museum is planning an exhibit each month showcasing a different type of Pokemon. For a month, they have decided to feature steel type Pokemon at the recommendation of Lyouie, the standout of the previous exhibit. Will your artwork be the highlight of this next exhibit?

• Entries can be submitted in any form - from hand-drawn to digital to sculpture to 3D model to short (max 5s per loop) animated .gif.
  • A steel type Pokemon must be the focus of each artwork, but people and other Pokemon can be included.
  • The Pokemon can be depicted doing anything (within reason) - it doesn't need to be related to its typing.
  • Mega evolutions and special forms are allowed as long as they are part steel type.
  • A background is not required, but is recommended.
  • Entries will be judged based upon adherence to the theme and overall aesthetics.

Date/time for submission:

November 5th (00:01 EST) until December 5th (23:59 EST)

Prizes:
First place: Choice of which type the next contest will feature (that hasn't been done yet) AND 1000 Reward Points + 1,000,000 Pokeyen.
Second place: 750 Reward Points OR 750,000 Pokeyen.

Third place: 250 Reward Points OR 250,000 Pokeyen.

Rules:

• All artwork must be 100% original. Tracing or manipulating existing images is not allowed.
  • Only one entry per user. If you wish to replace your entry, please do so by editing your post.
  • All entries must be submitted on time and in this thread.
  • Your post must contain your in-game name.
  • Entries must be in an image format such as .jpg, .png, or .gif. Video formats will not be accepted for animated entries.
  • The Pokemon you draw must be partially or fully of the steel type. Arceus, Type:Null, and Silvally are considered to be normal types, so are not eligible.

Pokemon Allowed: (This list is subject to change if any new generation 7 steel type Pokemon are revealed during the contest.)

Spoiler

Alolan Sandshrew
Alolan Sandslash
Magnemite
Magneton
Forretress
Steelix
Mega Steelix
Scizor
Mega Scizor
Skarmory
Mawile
Mega Mawile
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Mega Aggron
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Mega Metagross
Registeel
Jirachi
Empoleon
Shieldon
Bastiodon
Wormadam Trash Cloak
Bronzor
Bronzong
Lucario
Mega Lucario
Magnezone
Probopass
Dialga
Primal Dialga
Heatran
Excadrill
Escavalier
Ferroseed
Ferrothorn
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Pawniard
Bisharp
Durant
Genesect
Honedge
Doublade
Aegislash
Klefki
Togedemaru
Solgaleo
Magearna

Host: RacheLucario
Other judges: Noad, XelaKebert, Bearminator, Munya, Kurodashi, Raederz

Edited by RacheLucario
Added information regarding animated entries.
3 minutes ago, Gilan said:

I personally would not color it, it looks amazing as is; and I also do not think color goes well with the hatch style you used.

But if i don't add color nobody would know that dialga it's primal dialga from explorer of time.

Edited by SodaNaranja
3 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

But if i don't add color nobody would know that dialga it's primal dialga from explorer of sky.

Then I would make a photocopy of it, and color the copy. If it turns out well, then go for coloring the real one. Or just yolo it and skip the photocopy altogether =P