Custom Tabs for Team Pages

WolfgangDamien

Question

My suggestion is to be able to add custom tabs onto the Team page, with a Title for the tab and text. These extra tabs could contain all sorts of team-related information and would be really useful overall, since the character limit in the Information tab doesnt allow for much space. I imagine devs would come up with a limited number of tabs, and each with a character limit similar to the Information tab. Also permissions set so only certain members could add or alter tabs. 

current page:

nrUN5CZ.png

my suggestion:

WmDhOU5.png

tenYMtk.png

5 answers to this question

11 hours ago, WolfgangDamien said:

My suggestion is to be able to add custom tabs onto the Team page, with a Title for the tab and text. These extra tabs could contain all sorts of team-related information and would be really useful overall, since the character limit in the Information tab doesnt allow for much space. I imagine devs would come up with a limited number of tabs, and each with a character limit similar to the Information tab. Also permissions set so only certain members could add or alter tabs. 

current page:

nrUN5CZ.png

my suggestion:

WmDhOU5.png

tenYMtk.png

So that I can spam multiple tabs :3

But even if they don't add a new tab all together, a few more characters on the information tab would be great too

I'm not speaking for the viability of the suggestion overall, but I think this idea would be better presented with a 'Notes' tab in which Guild Members (with the permissions to be able to) can post various notes that can be selected and read by all members within the guild rather than the ability to create continuous new tabs.

3 hours ago, Darkshade said:

I'm not speaking for the viability of the suggestion overall, but I think this idea would be better presented with a 'Notes' tab in which Guild Members (with the permissions to be able to) can post various notes that can be selected and read by all members within the guild rather than the ability to create continuous new tabs.

Will there be a character limit for this? Because in the tabs idea I was thinking that if we could have multiple tabs, info could be more organized, and a lot more info can be shared, and I feel like just one new tab, "Notes" like you mentioned, simply wont be enough.

For example, you could make a new tab titled "Contest" and put in all the info for a up-coming team contest event. My team has a bank account, so another tab could be titled "Bank" and list how much money our team fund has, what items are on the account, and a public list of whos borrowing what  so members are accountable for anything they borrow from the team. Another tab could be "News" or "Updates" where the team can share important infomation with the whole team since not everyone is online at once. Im sure people can come up with tons of other ideas. I can see these tabs could become a core part of the team page and how teams share info with their members. 

Im not quite sure just one extra blank tab would accomplish this because like the Infomartion page, the character limit poses a problem and the info cant be organized as nicely. No one wants to read a wall of text, and right now our info page is pretty much that, a long wall of text about a bunch of different things. 

Unless youre talking about something like... a tab with a bunch of posts you could open, read, and add to. Though I feel like that would get really unorganized really quick. If you created a note like one I mentioned above, say the Bank tab, thats something that gets made up, posted, left alone for weeks before it needs an update. A Bank note would quickly fall down the list of notes, and no one would go find it, open it up, and read it every day. I guess one way to get around that issue is to make newly updated notes spring back to the top of the list, and maybe a little icon next to it to show its new and been updated, but I still feel like so much info will not even be bothered with to get opened. I also feel like this way would be abused, people leaving stupid notes about nothing, spamming the box with nonsense, etc. And you cant remove priviledges from one specific person, only ranks. 

I think having infomation in separated tabs, with a finite number of extra tabs you can create, presents information as important, its right there to view and you dont have to find it in a list of notes. Theres not much issue with spamming or nonsense because of the limited amount of tabs and the character limit inside the tab. Whereas someone could probably post as many notes as they wanted to if they had permissions. 

Thats just my thinking, I hope I didnt come off as argumentative. 

1 hour ago, WolfgangDamien said:

Will there be a character limit for this?

Of course, we're not going to allow you to post the entire Bee Movie script into Guild notes.

Because in the tabs idea I was thinking that if we could have multiple tabs, info could be more organized, and a lot more info can be shared, and I feel like just one new tab, "Notes" like you mentioned, simply wont be enough.

Giving people the ability to create multiple tabs wouldn't be more organized, it would just look obnoxious and messy.

Just as much information can be shared by placing 'Notes' into a single tab, in a similar way to how various mail is stored within the mail UI.

Why wouldn't that be enough?

For example, you could make a new tab titled "Contest" and put in all the info for a up-coming team contest event. My team has a bank account, so another tab could be titled "Bank" and list how much money our team fund has, what items are on the account, and a public list of whos borrowing what  so members are accountable for anything they borrow from the team. Another tab could be "News" or "Updates" where the team can share important infomation with the whole team since not everyone is online at once. Im sure people can come up with tons of other ideas. I can see these tabs could become a core part of the team page and how teams share info with their members.

You can do all of the above in 'Notes' too, by simply titling one of the notes 'Contests' and placing all of the information within there.

Unless youre talking about something like... a tab with a bunch of posts you could open, read, and add to. Though I feel like that would get really unorganized really quick.

Yes, this is what I am referring to - and I still don't see how it would be less organized than 10 or so additional tabs in the Guild UI.

I guess one way to get around that issue is to make newly updated notes spring back to the top of the list, and maybe a little icon next to it to show its new and been updated, but I still feel like so much info will not even be bothered with to get opened.

Yes that would be one way to do it, or just delete the older note and replace it with a new one.

I also feel like this way would be abused, people leaving stupid notes about nothing, spamming the box with nonsense, etc. And you cant remove priviledges from one specific person, only ranks.

As would the ability to create multiple tabs - except it would be far messier.

I think having infomation in separated tabs, with a finite number of extra tabs you can create, presents information as important, its right there to view and you dont have to find it in a list of notes. Theres not much issue with spamming or nonsense because of the limited amount of tabs and the character limit inside the tab. Whereas someone could probably post as many notes as they wanted to if they had permissions.

It really makes no difference, except that a 'Notes' system would be compacted into a single tab and would therefore be more organized by default.

We'd obviously limit the amount of notes a person can make in the same way.

All of your negatives apply just as much to your tab idea, except I believe tabs to be a far less attractive system for the above reasons.

Thats just my thinking, I hope I didnt come off as argumentative. 

You didn't come across that way.

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

Giving people the ability to create multiple tabs wouldn't be more organized, it would just look obnoxious and messy.

Just as much information can be shared by placing 'Notes' into a single tab, in a similar way to how various mail is stored within the mail UI.

Why wouldn't that be enough?

This was actually what I was afraid of when you said that. The mailbox is super unorganized and messy and I wouldnt want to wade through something like that to find a specific note, which was my point. And in order to keep something at the top, it would have to be updated daily. 

Could there be a way to pin certain notes to the top then? Like, for me, having how much money in the team bank is a thing I always want displayed on the team page, but it keeps getting erased. And if the Bank note keeps dropping to the bottom Ill be just as frustrated as I am now about it being erased constantly lol That might help a lot.