Not quite sure who should be my last OU Team Member?

Hi hi! So, I've played my fair share of Matchmaking match-ups, and I've won a decent amount, but I just keep switching between several Pokemon in my hunt for the perfect last slot of my team. Any other advice is welcome too. Thanks to the Halloween Event, I have 800k I can spend freely as of now, so keep in mind that, as well. I didn't have much money before then, and I've been playing the storyline mainly for EXP for my team so far, so I actually haven't gotten to the Hoenn League yet, but Victory Road is next, when/if I get that far. So, I'd have to buy some Choice items if I deem them necessary, and why everyone just has Leftovers. Now, here is my team!

Skarmory @ Leftovers

Timid

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def

IVs: 26 HP, 30 Def, 26 Sp. Def, 22 Speed

Taunt

Toxic

Roar

Spikes

My trusty lead, always able to get 2-3 layers of Spikes down with no problem, while Taunting most other Skarmory/Forretress back, along with clearing boosts. Toxic for turns where Spikes are all down, but when Skarmory still has time to do stuffs. Roar for Phazing obviously. Not many people have a Rapid Spinner, so he is an invaluable semi-suicide lead.

Heracross @ Leftovers

Quirky (yeah, it's bad, but it's IVs are nice.)

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed

IVs: 25/29/21/29/23/28

Brick Break

Megahorn

Rock Slide

Earthquake

Overall, solid physical attacker. Maybe could use Life Ball or a nature upgrade, but the ones I've seen for a decent price don't have as good of Defense IVs. :/

Metagross @ Leftovers

Adamant

EVs: 252 HP, 248 Atk, 6 Def, 4 Speed

IVs: 19/30/26/11/29/13

Earthquake

Meteor Mash

Pursuit

Psychic

Another of my solid attackers, but also the last one. First two attacks are self-explanatory. Pursuit is nice whenever I guess switches right. Psychic is definitely replacable, I've just never gotten to getting rid of it, as I'm not sure what would work best.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers

Bold

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def

IVs: 27/31/31/16/29/27

Surf

Ice Beam

HP Electric

Roar

Oh man, she was one AMAZING snipe on the GTL! Not to mention she is the physical wall of my team, able to take all sorts of hits, and surprise Gyarados everywhere by being a hard counter. Definitely a very valuable asset to my team.

Chansey @ Leftovers

Bold

IVs: 31 HP, 31 Def, 31 Sp. Def.

Seismic Toss

Toxic

Heal Bell

Softboiled

An amazing Chansey I found, and is an amazing Special Wall obviously. Seismic Toss alone has helped me many times when I've actually forgone Toxic. A Heal Beller was someone I was looking for, and I found her. Softboiled never saw much use, though.

HERE is where I've been having issues, however. I used to have a Snorlax here, but not only did he get somewhat replaced by Chansey, I...sold my amazing one thinking he would be banned soon from analyzing the Discussion on him. Welp, that shows what market prediction will accomplish in this game. Anyway, I do have a couple Pokemon already for this slot, but neither of them have really worked well with the team, and I will probably sell them soon enough. They are...

Flygon @ Leftovers

Hasty

IVs: 31 Atk, 31 Speed

Crunch

Superpower

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Every time...every time I switched him into an Electric Pokemon like Jolteon, they had HP Ice. And when they didn't, anything else with Ice Beam would OHKO him. Will probably not use again.

Medicham @ Leftovers

Lonely

IVs: 27/28/31/26/29/27

Fire Punch

Thunder Punch

Ice Punch

Hi Jump Kick

Works great when he can outspeed and sweep, but usually gets OHKOed pretty easily, though not as bad as Flygon.

Sceptile @ Leftovers

Timid

EVs: 252 Sp. Att, 252 Speed

IVs: 30 Sp. Att, 31 Sp. Def, 31 Speed

Giga Drain

Leech Seed

Pursuit

Hidden Power (which?)

Okay, this girl...has the most potential. I'm thinking maybe with Leech Seed though, maybe the EVs could be used to make her a bit bulkier? Also, I haven't decided on a Hidden Power yet, as it currently is Grass, a very sick joke indeed.  Which would you guys use? Can she make it in my OU team?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I've been meaning to ask this for awile, but now that I have money, I can actually change things up much more easily. :P

You don't really have any special sweep potential at all, so among the three, I'd say sceptile.

Pursuit is physical here, so it's worth tossing on a timid sceptile.

If you're going to run a fast leech seed, you prob want substitute. If you can land a leech seed on something slower, you can spam sub and basically outheal the sub cost with lefties.

1 hour ago, emmathebest said:

your stuff

Skarmory @ Leftovers

Timid

EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Def

IVs: 26 HP, 30 Def, 26 Sp. Def, 22 Speed

Taunt

Toxic

Roar

Spikes

Get an impish nature and run 252 hp and at least 150 def(up to 252), it's optional to run some sp def. You need to be able to take physical hits because that's your primary switch ins, you have no recovery other than lefties, so the evs in def are important.

Heracross @ Leftovers

Quirky (yeah, it's bad, but it's IVs are nice.)

IVs: 25/29/21/29/23/28

Brick Break

Megahorn

Rock Slide

Earthquake

Get adamant/jolly nature and 31 speed. It's pretty much needed. Switch brick break with low kick which is better against this certain meta, we have Snorlax who is huge and Skarmory who isn't light either as some of your main low kick targets. Considering you have a lefties Metagross, I would consider taking CB or Scarf on this Hera, actually.. Scarf seems like the best choice because your team is lacking speed which is important for forcing out fast offensive mons that might otherwise sweep you. I don't think you need rock slide & EQ together, it's mainly just to hit Arcanine. I'd switch EQ since rock slide is important for Gyarados and take pursuit which is great for revenge killing low health threats.

Metagross @ Leftovers

Adamant

EVs: 252 HP, 248 Atk, 6 Def, 4 Speed

IVs: 19/30/26/11/29/13

Earthquake

Meteor Mash

Pursuit

Psychic

In a meta which is swarmed by flying/water pokemon(milo, skarm, slowbro, vapo, starmie, gyara), tpunch is very useful and needed imo. If you're not going to use CB, pursuit isn't so threatening and we can already take that on Heracross which is more fitting. Meteor, EQ, Tpunch, Psychic set seems reasonable although you can switch psychic for something like agility which gives you more sweep potential. Try breed again for higher speed IV then get around 108 speed(or max), 252 attack and the rest in HP.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers

Bold

IVs: 27/31/31/16/29/27

Surf

Ice Beam

HP Electric

Roar

This isn't great really. You need wish + protect on that, also high sp attack wouldn't hurt. The nature + ev spread is fine though. Surf, wish, prot, hp elec/ice beam/roar/heal bell is the standard set.

Chansey @ Leftovers

Bold

IVs: 31 HP, 31 Def, 31 Sp. Def.

Seismic Toss

Toxic

Heal Bell

Softboiled

This is fine although twave might be the better option since you giving immunity snorlax free ins isn't too nice.

------

You need electric immunity in your team(remember what I said above about electric attacks being dominant?)

Jolt/Flygon/Rhydon

Rhydon is good because it is a Snorlax switch, but you've already got Metagross for that job so the other choices might be better.

Flygon is a great choice, you can put CB or Scarf on this(depending on what you go for on Heracross, put the opposite on).

Jolt would be risky to attempt to bring on an electric attack because one miss predict and it's lights out for Jolt where as the other two might stand better chance at living.

I would take Flygon personally. It's not perfect and it doesn't fix all your teams issues, but I think it comes closest. Your team struggles to fight against spikers since you've got no rapid spin but lots of ways for Skarm/Forre to come in and little ways to punish them.

Edited by KaynineXL
On 01/11/2016 at 9:06 PM, Eggplant said:

You don't really have any special sweep potential at all, so among the three, I'd say sceptile.

Pursuit is physical here, so it's worth tossing on a timid sceptile.

If you're going to run a fast leech seed, you prob want substitute. If you can land a leech seed on something slower, you can spam sub and basically outheal the sub cost with lefties.

Good idea. Any HP you'd suggest?

@KaynineXL - I appreciate your advice the most, by far, and I thank you. :)

• Mike locked this topic