UU PInk Claws [Tuesday 8th November]

Raederz

1 hour ago, Noad said:

I've just been informed that Zangoose has not been banned in game before this tournament, this is a very unfortunate oversight. I just want to stipulate at this point that players that have used Zangoose in this tournament will not be punished because it is an error made by the staff team. I can assure you that Darkshade and Tyrone will ensure bans are updated before the next official commences. Really sorry for those players that this has affected.

It`s cleary stated in the rules of this tournament, red on white, that Zangoose is banned. Be it aviable in the tournament mode doesn`t in my opinion change the fact that some players broke the rules. I honestly don`t agree with letting one of them win and take the prize, since it would not be fair to the people who playied following the rules. 

8 minutes ago, londark said:

It`s cleary stated in the rules of this tournament, red on white, that Zangoose is banned. Be it aviable in the tournament mode doesn`t in my opinion change the fact that some players broke the rules. I honestly don`t agree with letting one of them win and take the prize, since it would not be fair to the people who playied following the rules. 

The rule got updated today. As Noad said, we can't blame players for playing Zangoose.

Alrighty this seems to be blowing up, for the right reasons.

I was the one to let Noad know Zangoose was still playable. I was expecting she would be able to get it banned right away but I have no idea how that works. Anyway the least I would have expected is the ones that did use zangoose to be disqualified. Since both Raederz put it in the OP and Tyrone made a post about it. 

So why isn't there done anything about it? I mean alot of players made a team around a haunter and zangooseless meta. Don't get me wrong, mistakes happen to the best of us. But when you do make a mistake you do your best to fix it and not just say "whoopsie, won't happen next time". 

7 minutes ago, Raederz said:

The rule got updated today. As Noad said, we can't blame players for playing Zangoose.

Tell that to the people who played following the rules and lost against people who didn't. I remember staff beeing adamant about the rules, like the rematch after getting dc, and even cases where staff dq players for suspecting bugs abuse without any actual proof. In this case the rules had been broken, and there are replays as solid proofs of it. Letting someone that cheated win is an insult to the players. And i'm telling this as an outsider.

And if you want my opinion, it's your fault for not  dq right away people using Zangoose

This basically speaks a lot about the awareness of the players when playing the tournaments. Assuming there was no error on the staff's side of banning it ingame, anyone who didn't read the forums would've probably registered for the tournament with Zangoose in their party, only to find that they were unable to sign up because of a ban they didn't know of. Find a way to make the thread link available in the tournaments section or provide a section where you can post important information such as this.

I seriously hope players like Schuchty are compensated for this fuck up. Also @Gunthug , if anything, the community has spoken where they stand on the Zangoose ban :)

15 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

This basically speaks a lot about the awareness of the players when playing the tournaments. Assuming there was no error on the staff's side of banning it ingame, anyone who didn't read the forums would've probably registered for the tournament with Zangoose in their party, only to find that they were unable to sign up because of a ban they didn't know of. Find a way to make the thread link available in the tournaments section or provide a section where you can post important information such as this.

I seriously hope players like Schuchty are compensated for this fuck up. Also @Gunthug , if anything, the community has spoken where they stand on the Zangoose ban :)

lol haven't really been following this fiasco, is the community in agreement? Or did that pesky ole TC dun blew it agin?