Another holiday event

Eggplant

Question

So like

halloween and xmas events are like the single coolest thing in this game

people who are inactive for months on end will log and grind this shit 24/7

if we had more week-long periods kind of throughout the year, it'd be swag.

personally i want to see valentine's day, though easter might be easier to design / make more sense as a 'main' holiday

25 answers to this question

It's not so much that there's only 2, but that they happen within like 2 months of each other. Would be nice if we had something in the summer. Even if not for a holiday, just some kind of summer event would be good.

Feel like this is more one of the "well no shit" suggestions, but yeah it'd be nice.

6 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

It's not so much that there's only 2, but that they happen within like 2 months of each other. Would be nice if we had something in the summer. Even if not for a holiday, just some kind of summer event would be good.

Feel like this is more one of the "well no shit" suggestions, but yeah it'd be nice.

the summer event can be nice for all august

13 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

the summer event can be nice for all august

The events tend to be less than week each, so I can't imagine a month-long one. It would either have to be really watered down, or just made as short as the others.

Something for the Solstice would be nice since it's almost exactly 6 months after christmas. just something to break that 10 month period where we don't get shit.

Well seeing as this event takes a bit of inspiration from the holiday events in animal crossing we could just port more of those.

Examples:

Feb 2nd - Groundhog day

For this one we could have it just be a 1-2 day event where we fight some giant groundhog boss (link maybe?) for an exclusive vanity.  We could earn "Spring Goodie Bags" by finding the groundhogs children around kanto or something, idk. 

February 14  - Valentines Day

As much as i hate this fake consumer-holiday irl.  We could kill cupid or some shit for a heart arrow back vanity.

February 29 - Leap Day

Some special once every 4 years type vanity twould be rad.

March 17  - Green Day

You have to wear green or the server DC's you, idk.  Green tophat vanity.  Gold filled backpack vanity.

June 20 or June 21 - Solstice

We fight the sun or an extremly overpowered solrock with uber stats.  Glowing vanities with light effects for this holiday.

October-  Halloween (already included)

November - Mushroom Collecting

'We collect magic mushrooms in random places to trade in for more autumn goodie bags (could still be halloween bags for this one)

December - Christmas (already included)

23 minutes ago, sephiroth1977 said:

Having more then 2 could be damaging to the economy. This Halloween event poured millions of $ into the community. It was very easy to get 100k-3m in about 30 mins. Thats pretty op compared to the normal grind. That alone could shift the economy. Imagine having more then 2 of them a year >.>

You get that money from other players.

Say you open a bag, get a scythe, sell it for 3m.

That money comes from another player, so it isn't new money added to the economy.

19 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

If I had to put it in words, it's prob intended to be a "please put this higher up on your priority list" suggestion

On 11/1/2016 at 4:12 AM, sephiroth1977 said:

Having more then 2 could be damaging to the economy. This Halloween event poured millions of $ into the community. It was very easy to get 100k-3m in about 30 mins. Thats pretty op compared to the normal grind. That alone could shift the economy. Imagine having more then 2 of them a year >.>

Ummm. No the event actually added new items into the eco which caused the flow of money in the economy which is very healthy. 

10 hours ago, Summrs said:

Ummm. No the event actually added new items into the eco which caused the flow of money in the economy which is very healthy. 

I said it caused a shift in the economy. I didn't say it wasn't healthy. But i stick to what i said before "If there was more special events then it *could* be damaging" 

Real world example: If a load of billionaires gave a million dollars to every person on earth do you think that would be healthy? 

Edited by sephiroth1977

St Patrick's Day event - Go around chasing and battling leprechauns who give gold when you defeat them. Talk to an NPC who is trying to fill up their pot of gold to make a rainbow appear. Get a goodie bag in return. When the pot of gold fills up you discover the NPC is really a leprechaun in disguise who wants to rainbow to appear to let more Leprechauns into PokeMMO to cause havoc. Battle said imposter and get the limited vanity item. The end. 

@Desu give me my Dev tags now 

12 minutes ago, Noad said:

St Patrick's Day event - Go around chasing and battling leprechauns who give gold when you defeat them. Talk to an NPC who is trying to fill up their pot of gold to make a rainbow appear. Get a goodie bag in return. When the pot of gold fills up you discover the NPC is really a leprechaun in disguise who wants to rainbow to appear to let more Leprechauns into PokeMMO to cause havoc. Battle said imposter and get the limited vanity item. The end. 

@Desu give me my Dev tags now 

Or, it could have 2 sides. 1 being the one you said, another being lets say, instead of battling them, you join them and hit a pub. Drink with them long enough and you get baddie? bags :].

And when the leprechauns get released, you fight with them 

In World of Warcarft, there are a lot of these seasonal events so much that players don't have a lot of down town between events. Those events are usually the same each year and clearly don't require a lot of dev involvment once they are done. 

Spoiler

LUNAR FESTIVAL Feb 1 - Feb 15

LOVE IS IN THE AIR Feb 15 - Feb 29

NOBLEGARDEN Mar 28 - Apr 4

CHILDREN'S WEEK May 2 - May 9

MIDSUMMER FIRE FESTIVAL Jun 21 - Jul 5

PIRATE'S DAY Sep 19 - Sep 20

HARVEST FESTIVAL Sep 9 - Sep 16

BREWFEST Sep 20 - Oct 6

HALLOW'S END Oct 18 - Nov 1

DAY OF THE DEAD Nov 1 - Nov 3

WOW ANNIVERSARY Nov 16 - Nov 30

PILGRIM'S BOUNTY Nov 21 - Nov 28

FEAST OF WINTER VEIL Dec 16 - Jan 2

NEW YEAR Dec 31

The number of events are probably excessive for a game like PokeMMO, but I think it gives a rough idea of what can be done.