Encore in hordes

Goku

Okay so I don't know where to start this but it has been almost 5 days and I am still very very pissed since I killed my shiny Spheal after hunting a lot of hours and spending my hard earned cash to get leppa berries in order to do so.

I shiny hunt a lot and when I mean a lot my average encounters on a good day can be anywhere between 7-13000. Each time I had encountered a shiny in a horde I would take my time to be certain I select the right moves and the right pokes in the horde to confirm that I don't accidentally kill the shiny one. The moment I encountered my shiny Spheal it was basically perfect. A horde of 5 Spheals all (MALE) and the shiny one happened to be in the middle!!!!! Something wanted me to have this shiny I mean come on!!!!! My problem is I killed the first 2 pokes on the left side and I made triple sure I was clicking on the right pokes. YES I GOT ENCORED BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT CHOOSES RANDOM OR WHATEVER BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT BOUNDS ME TO USING THE SAME MOVE OVER WHICH IS FINE SINCE THE MOVE I WAS USING WAS GIVING ME THE OPTION TO SELECT THE POKEMON I WANNA KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The  Spheal on the right hand bottom side was the 3rd one which I was gonna kill. YES I DO LOOK AT THE NAMES WHEN I SELECT THE TARGET AND YES I MADE SURE CUZ WHEN I HOVERED MY MOUSE ON THE TARGET IT SPECIFIED ON THE SPRITE THAT I WAS TARGETING IT. Too my surprise the next thing that happened was my shiny spheal fainting and I could not believe it. I literally was in shock because I knew for a fact I didn't select it as my target. HOW was I suppose to know how encore affects me in a horde. This is what encore sais and this is how I followed it: anaWa25.png?1

Where does it say it randomizes my target in a horde???? AND NO DON'T COME AND SAY I WAS SUPPOSE TO KNOW THIS!!! THIS IS A FCKING JOKE AND I TAKE THIS GAME VERY SERIOUSLY SO PLEASE STAFF FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN THIS TO ME WITHOUT MAKING UP AN EXCUSE LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO PLEASE TRY. Go spend 70 hours hunting a shiny and killing it. GO TRY IT IT IS FCKING FUN! BULLSHIT WITH THAT!

Has this happened with anyone??? I mean moves like WhirlWind and that shit we know the devs dirty tricks but ENCORE?? COME ON.

7xC2y9U.pngtWe0SwD.png?1

EXPLAIN !!!!!! DON'T ASK ME A QUESTION LIKE ''IT SEEMS SOMETHING UNPLEASANT HAS HAPPENED  AND BS LIKE THAT. THIS SPHEAL WAS MEANT TO BE I MEAN LOOK AT THAT PICTURE. TAKE 5 SECONDS AND TAKE A LOOK AT IT. YES I AM RAGINNGGGGGGG!!!!

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

Why'd you stay in with encore tho

Because sludge bomb allowed me to select the target I wanted which doesn't make it a problem and I didn't know encore gives me a random target after I selected the one I wanna kill. Did you read this??? Don't just look at the picture read it .

Just now, Raederz said:

One of the reasons I always try to catch non-shinies from the hordes before starting a shiny hunt.

And should do it more than once, regarding I didnt know Beautifly can whirlwind, my test-horde being only lv29 and less.

WhirlWind actually explains that the battle ends and what not. It is most certainly not the same situation.

These aren't dirty little tricks that devs add in(like you suggest with whirlwind), for the most part it's how the game is but I think encore attacking a random target is a bug, I'l try it now.

Edit: I am currently hunting for shiny spheal, so I can try duplicate what you did.

Edited by KaynineXL

Encore make the Pokemon ignore the move you choose, even if it's the same move that the one is locked. So, the choice of the target is not counted.

You can't see the difference on 1v1 battles, but there is a difference, from :

Using the move because you clicked it

and

Using the move because encore locked it.

1 minute ago, KaynineXL said:

These aren't dirty little tricks that devs add in(like you suggest with whirlwind), for the most part it's how the game is but I think encore attacking a random target is a bug, I'l try it now.

Edit: I am currently hunting for shiny spheal, so I can try duplicate what you did.

I tested it today and it did it again! the middle poke exactly the same way as mine horde of 5 and my team tested it. And they said the same happened to them.

8 minutes ago, Goku said:

tWe0SwD.png?1

5 minutes ago, Goku said:

Because sludge bomb allowed me to select the target I wanted which doesn't make it a problem and I didn't know encore gives me a random target after I selected the one I wanna kill. Did you read this??? Don't just look at the picture read it .

Help me run this down.

Turn 1: Sludge Bomb used, you're hit by encore.

Turn 2: You select Sludge Bomb again.

Turn 3: Another S Bomb, shiny killed.

Were you able to pick a target on turn 2 or not? If so, did you end up attacking a different pokemon than the one you chose? And please, don't be hostile.

18 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Help me run this down.

Turn 1: Sludge Bomb used, you're hit by encore.

Turn 2: You select Sludge Bomb again.

Turn 3: Another S Bomb, shiny killed.

Were you able to pick a target on turn 2 or not? If so, did you end up attacking a different pokemon than the one you chose? And please, don't be hostile.

I swear to GOD when I am encored I am able to choose a pokemon too attack. Yes I can choose. After I choose that lovely fcking spheal on the right(keep in mind I made 100% sure cuz I read the name and everything and check sprite cuz it shows i am targeting this I attacked. Next thing shiny spheal fainted.

17 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

20e8775547.png

this coulda been you

sadly man sadly.

edit: It could have been us! D';

Edited by Goku
2 minutes ago, Goku said:

Yes I can choose.

Ofc you can choose because :

8 minutes ago, Raederz said:

there is a difference, from :

Using the move because you clicked it

and

Using the move because encore locked it.

The sludge bomb you clicked is not the one your pokemon used.

You choose the move, the target, then, encore make his effect, and the move is redefined (even if you choosed the locked move) and the target aswell.

20 minutes ago, Raederz said:

One of the reasons I always try to catch non-shinies from the hordes before starting a shiny hunt.

And should do it more than once, regarding I didnt know Beautifly can whirlwind, my test-horde being only lv29 and less.

</3

Generations III and IV

Encore lasts for 2 to 6 turns in Generation III and in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl; in Pokémon Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver, Encore lasts for 3 to 7 turns.

Like Disable, Torment can now be used to force the opponent to use Struggle every second turn.

A Pokémon affected by Encore cannot select the targets of its moves. If the Pokémon chooses to use the move, if that move can target a foe, a random foe will be targeted.

DID YOU GUYS THINK OF ACTUALLY FCKING STATING THAT IN THE ENCORE DESCRIPTION???? NOW I LOST A SHINY AFTER ATLEAST 80 HOURS BECAUSE SOME STAFF MEMBER OR DEV WERE TO LAZY TO FCKING STATE THAT .... I WAS JUST SUPPOSE TO KNOW BECAUSE THIS IS GEN 3 OR 4 MECHANICS THAT ENCORE WOULD WORK THAT WAY. WTF??????