A few forums suggestions about information and finding things.

lillyfly

Question

simple suggestions that kinda bother me. 

1) Please fix the information in Frequently Asked Questions, it's bad when you have friends who wants to play the game, you tell them to go skim that topic, to only find out that not only does the topic have outdated information, but has information about mechanics not even used in game anymore. And I don't wanna explain it, why I sent them to the forums in the first place (yes I know I'm such a good friend). 

2) Why do the recently updated posts tell me when they were started. I don't care when they were started, I care about when they were updated. 

3) Content tags be required for posts in the guide section for what the guide is about. This helps with both finding if the guide even exists and finding the right guide. Also a note on content tags, personally love that they are a thing and wish they were used more often. Wish I knew how to put them on a topic so I could lable this myself so if someone else wants these changes they can find this post easily. Tags are just great for sections like the suggestions and guide sections, wish it was easier to put them on posts. 

That's all I can really think of right now. Just as an old player coming back to play with friends that are new to the game, I have to both learn what has changed and help them as well. Personally hate explaining things to people, never been good at it probably never will. Please make this easier to do. Thanks for reading. 

2 answers to this question

I like these suggestions. Especially the tags one. Very, very few people (myself included) even bother to check whether or not a topic has already been started for a specific suggestion because, quite frankly, the search feature is shite. This would make it quite a bit easier to actually follow that rule.
Also, a moderator is likely going to tell you to separate these suggestions into different posts.