Make a Living off Pokemmo?

ZaoLi

I don't think anyone does, but do the owners of Pokemmo make good money? 

They don't do advertisements so i Don't think they do but any opinions? Staff members reading this, do u know?

Edited by ZaoLi

What interest does that have to do with you? If the server is running, that means it is still paying off, at least enough to buy or rent a server host. Also, this isn't a HUGE project, so no, they won't be making millions. But I do believe they make a fair bit out of it, and they should. Keep in mind, they had to code everything, that takes time, knowledge, and patience.

Edited by redspawn
6 hours ago, ZaoLi said:

They don't do advertisements so i Don't think they do but any opinions? Staff members reading this, do u know?

I'll be honest, its a tough job being a PokeMMO developer. As a news reporter, you have to analyze your surroundings and I have to say, the developers put a lot of sweat and tears into this game. Your allowance could be based upon the Gift Shop. Sometimes holidays is when the dev team really "rake it in." When people ask me if they should buy reward points, I say "yes" most of the time. When the Gift Shop is not making that much, the dev team's earnings cut. Its a stressful business, but I am thankful that the devs of this game are extremely dedicated to making this game a wonderful experience!

Edited by Bestfriends
Minor Corrections
6 hours ago, ZaoLi said:

I had the same question a while ago.Actually was a 2 way question.

1 hour ago, Spxter said:

15$ for just a flaming skull mask which is virtual LOL

You're free to buy it or not, they even made them tradeable and heck... is not a 50m item, it's just 3m and should still go lower in a weeo or so, but vanity shop helps the people who might be looking to make quick cash, and have the means for it, and the users like me, who don't place much money into games, but still like to own vanity items.

3 minutes ago, redspawn said:

You're free to buy it or not, they even made them tradeable and heck... is not a 50m item, it's just 3m and should still go lower in a weeo or so, but vanity shop helps the people who might be looking to make quick cash, and have the means for it, and the users like me, who don't place much money into games, but still like to own vanity items.

prices are only gonna go up after the 21st

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

yeah i accept this of course! but it's so crazy 15$ for this lel kek 

It varies, really. I had made some dumb money off of a server I hosted before. Some months your income is ridiculously high, while some others you are not even getting enough to pay your host/ISP.

Moemon project is currently not accepting donations, so you can say I'm losing money every day.

@Moetal well u don't need to do moemon lol

@ZaoLi yooo wattup zao

@RysPicz i'd let spiderman have my thread if u know what im saying ;)

@TJXD what happened to ur friend

@001 i assume it pays enuf to run the game maybe a little more i just wanted a real answer but n/a. 

made the title like that for shock value

Edited by ZaoLi
cuz

When I first read the title of this I immediately thought of UMadBro followed by "what is this kid doing" and clicked, only to find you mean the dev's, not the players. Lead Developers of games usually make under what you think they do if they are good and above what you think they do if they are bad. I think the answer of "Do the dev's make money" is an easy one. It's yes. You can literally send them money, through the site or in-game through that donator status thing. The real story is: do they make a profit (also yes, I mean, you have to. The game's been around AT LEAST since 2012, no one runs and pays for a server and ISP for this long and doesn't make some sort of profit off of it. I'd more interested in if, like how many streaming teams that make a profit and then split it amongst it's hosts and/or others streams, they have made a company and have a system similar to lets say The Late Night Crew w/ Cry and Russ (a famous Saturday show on twitch, which as far as I am aware is really the only one as big as them and have gone on record to say that yes they split the profit 4 ways and Cry has even said before that he's had to label themselves as a company for many legal matters). It's really the legal matters that make this topic interesting but I don't think many people here are that into economics (and the economics of international donation laws and tax codes at that) so I'll just say it's safe to assume that yes, they make at least a slight living off of pokemmo and/or one of them is a billionaire who can afford to donate his money to keep this game going. 

Edit: UMadBro isn't like Voldemort is he? I kinda just skimmed the changed CoD. 

Edited by lillyfly
7 hours ago, lillyfly said:

When I first read the title of this I immediately thought of UMadBro followed by "what is this kid doing" and clicked, only to find you mean the dev's, not the players. Lead Developers of games usually make under what you think they do if they are good and above what you think they do if they are bad. I think the answer of "Do the dev's make money" is an easy one. It's yes. You can literally send them money, through the site or in-game through that donator status thing. The real story is: do they make a profit (also yes, I mean, you have to. The game's been around AT LEAST since 2012, no one runs and pays for a server and ISP for this long and doesn't make some sort of profit off of it. I'd more interested in if, like how many streaming teams that make a profit and then split it amongst it's hosts and/or others streams, they have made a company and have a system similar to lets say The Late Night Crew w/ Cry and Russ (a famous Saturday show on twitch, which as far as I am aware is really the only one as big as them and have gone on record to say that yes they split the profit 4 ways and Cry has even said before that he's had to label themselves as a company for many legal matters). It's really the legal matters that make this topic interesting but I don't think many people here are that into economics (and the economics of international donation laws and tax codes at that) so I'll just say it's safe to assume that yes, they make at least a slight living off of pokemmo and/or one of them is a billionaire who can afford to donate his money to keep this game going. 

Edit: UMadBro isn't like Voldemort is he? I kinda just skimmed the changed CoD. 

RIP uMadBrah.