Disappointment Yet Again

Elliasal

2 minutes ago, IndigoElite said:

To a point I agree but that's only speculation, so many other factors have lead to increase in pricing. Everstones went up before gym update and we all assumed everstone pickup rate dropped.  Mushroom prices went down but that was because the amount we needed for moves increased.  Vitamins have stayed about the same but several changes have happened to bp pricing.  Shinies in gtl have always been overpriced, I would not use that as a marker for inflation.

The thing about the things that you said and shinies, is that shinies can't be balanced along with money, so that's why it stays a good way to really visualize inflation. When they make a change that they know for a fact can cause some inflation, they'll balance other things around it like BP and item drop rates to accommodate. The only change that can/has happened to shinies is the breeding, which only effects certain shinies. There's no reason for a common shitty IV female tentacool to go for 1m when it used to go for 600k, because the desire for it hasn't changed at all, just the amount of money everyone around it has. 

1 minute ago, Elliasal said:

However, in order for any economy to strive, there has to be inflation. If prices always stay the same it is bad for the economy, further more, there has been some from of inflation everytime a new was to make money is add to the game.

They've constantly tried to avoid such large impacts on the economy by balancing things along with money sources like new money sinks and what not. Sure, inflation is an alright thing for actual economies to strive, but this is an MMO where such wobbling of economy can be drastic.

Look at GaiaOnline for example. They fucked up so bad at one point. Prices ended up increasing on everything about 1000 fold because of some dumb shit they did. How do you think a player would feel if they left a rich man with a billion gold, only to come back and find that billion is now equal to what used to be worth a million. In MMO's people come and go, and if you go, you're not going to want to come back and find out your old riches are now chump change.

43 minutes ago, IndigoElite said:

I hear this from a surprising amount of players, especially veteran players that have been here since 2012-2013.  Which is why I have trouble understanding how the economy was broken because of the gym rebattles.  There are plenty of people that never needed to grind gyms, and it seems like most newer players relied on it now to try and catch up to the rest of community.  This only hurts up and coming players and definitely promotes alt runs.  

Couldn't agree more!! I started playing in 2013, I enjoyed it, it was fun, but Pokemmo never really appealed to me. But for the last month I've been as active as I've ever been and I'm trying to catch-up to players that already have bread "comps". Doing Gym runs allowed me to get the money needed to make some comps and catch up with the other players on Pokemmo (even though I started playing a long time ago). Now my job in catching up is much, much harder!!!

Typical useless complaint.

I´m gonna be serious, if I was a mod, I would just change the game to how it was b4 gymrun bcuz obviously there ppl had nothing to complain.

Honestly, having 88k each 20 hours just for gymrun is not bad at all. If you do, 3 times gyms each day, you are wasting around hour and half assuming level 100 mons just to grind, In that time, there are many more methods to earn cash, pvp gives more, the buff on trainer tower also gives u some decent payout besides experience.

Instead complaining, try to make some other stuff, I honestly wouldn´t play a game to waste 2 hours of my time everyday doing the same annoying job. Thats not a game. 

Change tactics, I gave u some examples, there are more.

Just dont complain, and be grateful you have some feature you didn´t some months ago.

5 minutes ago, pachima said:

I´m gonna be serious, if I was a mod, I would just change the game to how it was b4 gymrun bcuz obviously there ppl had nothing to complain.

Honestly, having 88k each 20 hours just for gymrun is not bad at all. If you do, 3 times gyms each day, you are wasting around hour and half assuming level 100 mons just to grind, In that time, there are many more methods to earn cash, pvp gives more, the buff on trainer tower also gives u some decent payout besides experience.

Instead complaining, try to make some other stuff, I honestly wouldn´t play a game to waste 2 hours of my time everyday doing the same annoying job. Thats not a game. 

Just dont complain, and be grateful you have some feature you didn´t some months ago.

I wish I didn't have an excuse to complain, but what can the little gal do? The GTL has made it so anyone and everyone can control the economy, which is a very bad practice and honestly benefits no one. So are you telling me to join the band wagon of cut throat dealers that want nothing more then to make the game only good for themselves? My morals sadly would not let me.

6 minutes ago, pachima said:

To a point I agree, but if you read my last post you'll understand why it's frustrating. I know there is other methods of making money, but I enjoyed gym runs, it's the method I enjoyed. Now I've to use other methods that I don't enjoy as much, to make money to breed comps and catch up with the rest of competitive battlers. Having gym runs and easy money was the reason I played so often lately, it's why I came back to Pokemmo. Because it was easy for me to catch up! It's now harder to catch up again, and to be honest, if I'm not making enough money and getting bored, I'll probably stop playing again.

1 minute ago, DJLambo said:

To a point I agree, but if you read my last post you'll understand why it's frustrating. I know there is other methods of making money, but I enjoyed gym runs, it's the method I enjoyed. Now I've to use other methods that I don't enjoy as much, to make money to breed comps and catch up with the rest of competitive battlers. Having gym runs and easy money was the reason I played so often lately, it's why I came back to Pokemmo. Because it was easy for me to catch up! It's now harder to catch up again, and to be honest, if I'm not making enough money and getting bored, I'll probably stop playing again.

Trainer tower is about the same stuff, u battle strong opponents and even get to trian ur pokemons. 

Also the payout is rly good. I remember beating 3 trainers once (Just did once to test lol) and received 1000bp, which is roughly 2 gym rematches (depending on how u sell for vitamins) 

Also, there is no cooldown for it.

12 minutes ago, pachima said:

You're right. I was gone for a while, and i only missed johto starters, milotic, and beauty contests. So much stuff!

Nerfs are never fun, but there was a very obvious indication the payout of gym re-battles were causing higher inflation.

Most prominently shown in the exchange rate of Reward Points to Pokeyen. That exchange rate had been mostly stable at 100 RP = 90-100 K Pokeyen. Currently, this exchange rate has almost doubled to 100 RP = ~180 K as seen on the Global Trade Link. This increase started after the implementation of the Gym re-battles, so it's easy to conclude that those have been an important factor to the inflation.

"In economics, inflation is a sustained increase in the general price level of goods and services in an economy over a period of time"

So applied to PokeMMO. The price level of Vanity items have increased over a period of 3 months.

11 minutes ago, pachima said:

Trainer tower is about the same stuff, u battle strong opponents and even get to trian ur pokemons. 

Also the payout is rly good. I remember beating 3 trainers once (Just did once to test lol) and received 1000bp, which is roughly 2 gym rematches (depending on how u sell for vitamins) 

Also, there is no cooldown for it.

I'll have to check that out! Thanks, might suit me, I enjoy battling and getting cash from it will help make comps! 

3 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Nerfs are never fun, but there was a very obvious indication the payout of gym re-battles were causing higher inflation.

Most prominently shown in the exchange rate of Reward Points to Pokeyen. That exchange rate had been mostly stable at 100 RP = 90-100 K Pokeyen. Currently, this exchange rate has almost doubled to 100 RP = ~180 K as seen on the Global Trade Link. This increase started after the implementation of the Gym re-battles, so it's easy to conclude that those have been an important factor to the inflation.

"In economics, inflation is a sustained increase in the general price level of goods and services in an economy over a period of time"

So applied to PokeMMO. The price level of Vanity items have increased over a period of 3 months.

The spike in RP was most notable to me around when move ocarinas became a thing. They're a practical item, there is a variety of them, and they're very convenient. If anything I'd say these things influenced RP prices much more than gym leader rebattles.

I'm alright with the fact you kinda have to do other things than Hoenn Gym run in MMO. The problem is that you still can do the same thing with enough of alts. Now I'm aware this isn't encouraged as a player has had their alts closed for "abuse" of this (which is ridiculous) but something needs to be done for this. Either make a cooldown for alts (which seems pretty impossible to make) or simply just diversify the game enough so people want to do other things than farm Hoenn Gyms. The fact you can work around this balancing makes it sort of pointless while closing alts for abuse doesn't seem right as I think it's ridiculous to make people to assume that "they know they're breaking the intended economy". I'm aware this is a complex issue but I think it needs a more complex solution than making cooldown longer.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

I don't see how using the Global Trade Market is a fair indication of prices however, anyone can post anything they want. People can easily post say an overcoat higher then normal, then people will agree that's good because hey want to make money, thus that one person just artificially increased the market. Until something is done about the artificial increases in the market done by players, this problem will continue to be a problem.

19 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

I completely understand what the inflation means for the GTL, but for someone trying to get into competitive battling, it's tough to make money to breed Pokemon that will be strong enough to compete. Right now, if I enter a tournament or anything like that, I'll be destroyed by people who already have pokemon with 6x31 IVs. So I'm at an impossible disadvantage for what is my favourite part of Pokemmo. Since the gym battle update, I found myself playing pokemon a lot more and I was starting to get some pokemon together that would allow me to challenge competitively. But now, that's taken away again and I'm back to square one. Other methods of making money don't appeal to me as much. Like berry farming for example. 

PS - I could just make a load of Alts and farm the gyms, but that's even worse and it's completely wrong! So why take out a feature that is basically the same as people cheating the game? It just doesn't make sense to me!

Edited by DJLambo
10 minutes ago, DJLambo said:

Right now, if I enter a tournament or anything like that, I'll be destroyed by people who already have pokemon with 6x31 IVs.

You don't need perfect comps to beat other perfect comps, it helps don't get me wrong here. theres a lot more to comp play than perfect pokes. For example 25/31/25/x/25/31 for a physical attacker/sweeper is enough and is 40-50% the price of a 5x31.

Going back ontopic.

The sheer amount of money that entered the game through gym battles was completely ridiculous, almost all items increased in price, may it be vanities, comps, tm's or move-items.