Disappointment Yet Again

Elliasal

Let me make one thing clear off the bat, I like how Pokemmo has advanced as a whole, yet there are a few things that can cripple the experience. First off is the change to he rebattling of gyms, I was honestly going to quit before this update can out, so I figured I would see it first and I'm glad I did. It has gotten me more engaged in Pokemmo then ever before, I was able to make pokemon how I liked, let the creativity flow out on to the pokes I made. Yes most of them are not really "comp'" worthy, but that's not why I play this game, pokemon for me is about endless awesome creation, that you simply like to choke to death because money can be involved. You have put into the game, so many diverse ways to make money, which I like, but the gyms have been the only one so far that I don't have to worry about getting a few pennies to finish a silly breed or whatever, you I urge you, please recognize your mistake and fix it. 

12 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

no u

I'm pretty sure 3 letters is not enough to get your point across, but if its the point I think your trying to get at then that's what this post is trying to do.

7 minutes ago, Summrs said:

Find another way to make money LUL.

1 minute ago, Havsha said:

Yeah, why don't you guys just catch and sell a rare shiny? It's so simple

I have 1.4k hours in this game, I'm pretty sure if I could I would have done it buy now, even if I could I genuinely love pokemon so selling an ot shiny is out of the question. 

2 minutes ago, peep said:

i never farmed gyms lol

I hear this from a surprising amount of players, especially veteran players that have been here since 2012-2013.  Which is why I have trouble understanding how the economy was broken because of the gym rebattles.  There are plenty of people that never needed to grind gyms, and it seems like most newer players relied on it now to try and catch up to the rest of community.  This only hurts up and coming players and definitely promotes alt runs.  

Or you could... I don't know... Do a/another versus seeker run in the place of the now impossible second gym rebattle run per day.

And if it is really worth it to you, you can make 99 alts to make sure that you can do a gym rebattle run every 20mins 24/7.

1 minute ago, Maelstrom said:

I just started Hoenn...

I'm sorry Maelstrom, but the people who are in the closet with the devs have burnt, nuked, and zombified your dreams of a sub par way to make money.

(Devs nothing against you please don't hate me XD)

5 minutes ago, Elliasal said:

I'm sorry Maelstrom, but the people who are in the closet with the devs have burnt, nuked, and zombified your dreams of a sub par way to make money.

(Devs nothing against you please don't hate me XD)

Ever heard of inflation?

It was actually growing evident that the gym rebattles were inflating the shit out of money. if you paid any attention to the GTL (at least shiny prices) you'd have seen how everything was on a steady incline once gym rebattles became a thing.

2 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

It was actually growing evident that the gym rebattles were inflating the shit out of money. if you paid any attention to the GTL (at least shiny prices) you'd have seen how everything was on a steady incline once gym rebattles became a thing.

To a point I agree but that's only speculation, so many other factors have lead to increase in pricing. Everstones went up before gym update and we all assumed everstone pickup rate dropped.  Mushroom prices went down but that was because the amount we needed for moves increased.  Vitamins have stayed about the same but several changes have happened to bp pricing.  Shinies in gtl have always been overpriced, I would not use that as a marker for inflation.

3 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

However, in order for any economy to strive, there has to be inflation. If prices always stay the same it is bad for the economy, further more, there has been some from of inflation everytime a new was to make money is add to the game.

Just now, Elliasal said:

However, in order for any economy to strive, there has to be inflation. If prices always stay the same it is bad for the economy, further more, there has been some from of inflation everytime a new was to make money is add to the game.

If prices on everything goes down then the argument for inflation seems fair.  But to argue it's a fact before we see the effects is ignorant.  I guess lets just wait and see if "shiny" prices lower, because that means economy is fixed right?

8 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

So, you think shiny prices were increasing because of gym runs? What about shiny breeding then? And also, now that the gym runs have been nerfed, shiny prices should come down, is that what you are saying?