UPDATE HYPE

RysPicz

14 minutes ago, ragstal said:

Ok, Let's start with that then. Tell me what you think about these changes then. What would be the reason for increasing the cd from 6 to 20h and why have reduced amount of cash earned from the gyms in Hoenn?

In Short; Inflation.

although they ended up being overbuffed and were too easy to farm for older players. This type of PvE, repetitive NPC battles, is difficult to balance due to the ease of trading character progress between accounts.

Not to dismiss the issues people have with the changes, but the high payout over the shorter time period was too much for our economy to handle.

2 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Inflation

....seriously....economy?...i have nothing to add on that, i'm simply not satisfied with your reasoning whatsoever. It's just don't cover it all, even if it seems that currency is earned too easy that's not an excuse for this kind of game. So let me get this straight, the reason was because, ppl were not buying enough goods from GTL right? just that...

Spoiler

absurd

3 minutes ago, ragstal said:

the reason was because, ppl were not buying enough goods from GTL right?

what the fuck

Okay, what he means by inflation is that the costs of things were on a steady rise. That was presumably due to the gigantic money source that was gym rebattling. The problem with prices rising means, what you used to get with 100k, could now cost 200k etc, obviously. The problem with that is, if such inflation is left unchecked and allowed to continue, someone who takes a break from this game could leave a rich man and come back to find that their pokeyen is now worth a fraction of what it was worth before, and it's like he's been losing money the entire time he wasn't playing just because he wasn't there to actively trade it around as prices were constantly adjusting.  

The problem also lies in new players. As old players accrue more money by shit stomping these level 80 gyms with their 100s,  inflation happens, and prices will rise. That means that the people who just outright have way more money than they used to are now willing to buy things for higher prices than before, meaning prices on everything can go up. So now the newer players do have access to that same source of money being the gym rebattles, but they're still far behind older players who have money and that constant stream of new money along with how ever many alts etc etc, so they're just getting left in the dust by economy. At the rate it was going with how inflation works, say it took a day or two to for a new player to earn the money for a comp a week ago. In 6 months, with inflation, it could take another new player 5 times as long because prices adjusted. 

It's a lot like how old people always complain in the US about how at age 20 they were working hard and saving up for a house blah blah blah without realizing it takes a metric fuckton more work to acquire the same goal for this generation because inflation happened. 

1 hour ago, ragstal said:

....seriously....economy?...i have nothing to add on that, i'm simply not satisfied with your reasoning whatsoever.

I don't mean to be rude, but the kind of satisfaction a player can receive from a change such as this is indirect.

Most won't notice it at all, because they can't draw the connection between Gym Leader Battles and the reason things are bought/sold at particular prices.

You're earning more money than previously possible, why would that be bad right?

Well, it's not just you - it's every other player aswell, raising the standard.

This means that players will sell things at higher prices because everybody has more money.

Because everybody has more money it is then worth less than it was before.

This is inflation.

1 hour ago, Rigamorty said:

To add onto what Riga has said, unlike the real world - shopkeepers (NPCs) don't have a mind of their own, they are unable to increase/decrease prices depending on the fluctuation of the value put onto money.

For this reason (along with the others listed) important that we maintain this balance, because these shopkeepers and similar NPCs act as a sink - which in turn keeps this value stable.

The more money being introduced, the more we have to sink; going on the assumption that we have a reasonably well balanced economy already.

Which I believe we do for the most part.

If this scale tips for even a short period of time it can have quite devastating effects for quite some time, because that money then has to leave the economy again - an economy that was never designed to be able to withstand an amount that high in the first place.

To give a comparison, we saw this with the old breeding system, where there wasn't any sink for 'mons at all - and everybody was constantly creating more very high-end comps.

Soon, even the rarest of species became worth very little.

Sure, this may seem like a utopia for some - but it's not sustainable for the longevity of an MMO.

Whether people like it or not, a stable economy is very important for the growth and upkeep of a playerbase; as it ties into player satisfaction.

tl;dr: I'm sorry that you're not satisfied with my answer, but unfortunately the numbers showed that the economy was inflating at a rather quick rate (long-term at least).

And that is objectively not a good thing.

hola. solo una breve opinión de mi parte .

solo veo jugadores quejándose de un juego 100% gratuito , si me dicen que no es gratuito es mentira ya que todo se termina consiguiendo con premios de torneos/eventos y dinero del juego. la mayoria de los jugadores se quejan del poco contenido actualizado, yo creo que  los administradores de este juego están realizando un exelente desempeño en el desarrollo de un juego con muy pero muy pocos gráficos  ademas sacado de un juego gba para menores de edad.

no veo el motivo por el cual quejarse siempre del contenido,actualizacion ,etc.  el juego está muy modificado al original , esas modificaciones cuestan tiempo y dinero " tan solo para que las personas gratuitamente  los disfruten ".me gusta el juego pokemmo su contenido y modificación son de admirarse.

" yo y la mayoría no contribuimos en nada con el desempeño y la realización del juego "

dejen de ser ratas y quejarse tanto , hay muchos juegos con gráficos 100% superiores para jugar y quejarse. NO SEAN RATAS  Y JUEGUEN SIN MOLESTAR .  

google translate :

Hi. just a quick review on my part.

I only see players complaining about a game 100% free, if I say that is not free is a lie as everything ends up getting prizes tournament / events and gambling money. most players complain of little content updated, I think this game managers are doing an excellent performance in the development of a game with very few graphics but also out of a gba game for minors.
I do not see why always complain about the content, update, etc. the game is very modified the original, these changes cost time and money "just for people to enjoy them free" .me like pokemmo game content and modification are to be admired.

"I and most contribute nothing to the performance and conduct of the game"

stop being rats and complain so much, there are many games with graphics 100% higher to play and complain. 

Rats do not bother

Edited by oNYKOo
7 minutes ago, Zoul said:

If you are breeding 2 shinies (sacrificing 2 shines to get 1) then the shiny egg should be your own ot. (original trainer). You brought that shiny to life, yet today you are not its real parent... wtf!

Ideas?

You are the OT when you breed 2 shines together.

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

You sure that wasn't changed in one of the previous updates?

Only for regular breeding, shiny breeding still has that unknown OT shit

OT Dex updates:

• When Breeding, the OT of the child is now shown beforehand
  • For non-shiny parents, where it would previously show "Unknown OT", it now shows the player's name, but it won't count against the OT dex. The Summary instead shows (Playername*), where the asterisk is only visible to the owner.
Edited by LifeStyle
  • Zehkar locked this topic