Orange's teambuilding service

11 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

I've been jumping on the Doubles hype train (or bandwagon) just lately, now that I got yen from my Labcoat I invested a huge portion of my yen to doubles oriented comps and Doubles has quickly become my favorite MMO format.

Yeah I'm not been following VGC too much but I've become familiar with 2015's CHALK "meme" and I'm surprised there would be such dedicated go-to Pokemon in Doubles format for all the best players, considering how many options there are in Doubles. Quite frankly I would expect Singles to have much more often dedicated go-to comps compared to Doubles.

I don't think MMO Doubles has a "CHALK" archetype yet. Quite frankly I've felt as people teambuild their teams based on their support Pokemon. The most common support Pokemon are Follow Me Blastoise, Hitmontop and Vaporeon. For Blastoise pseudo3 with DD are its best buddies, Hitmontop supports sweepers possibly prone to physical attacks while giving Helping Hand and Vaporeon does the same while having the ability to kill the Dragons. Manectric can also be considered a Gyara + Aero support. Sometimes people just run 6 sweepers that they consider beating the main threats (dragons, meta, ttar, gengar, gyara, blissey) while some run Blissey of their own because it's a stop to two special sweeper attack offense which is powerful on its own. I think there is kind of similar formula to supporting your team with the right Pokemon as CHALK was, but there's so much variety with the supporter Pokemon to begin with and that's what I like in PokeMMO Doubles a lot.

Edit: For this very reason I cant come up with go to builds to beat a certain team combo as CHALK was becase there's so much diversity. I dont know if everyone played thousands of matches would we see a CHALK becoming a thing in MMO. 

Thanks for the writeup man, reason I ask is ive been actively exploring weird gimmicks to fit into a 3 pokemon core that everyone seems to run in the hopes of finding something extremely dominant. As you said there is so much diversity so its been a struggle, thanks a bunch for the input.

10 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

Thanks for the writeup man, reason I ask is ive been actively exploring weird gimmicks to fit into a 3 pokemon core that everyone seems to run in the hopes of finding something extremely dominant. As you said there is so much diversity so its been a struggle, thanks a bunch for the input.

Haha no problem, feel free to post any thoughts regarding anything. I don't care if this thread becomes a MMO Doubles discussion thread. The purpose for this thread was to give me something to do in quiet hours.

By the way, I mentioned it in the edited post but really badly worded so I guess I'll explain myself better. I think it's notable that the VGC players most likely have played hundreds to thousands of matches before the big tournaments. Maybe the metagame started out diverse but then every (good) player realized CHALK gives them highest chance to win? In addition I personally think counter-teaming is much harder in Doubles because the playmaking is in bigger effect in Doubles than Singles compared to effect of teambuilding. If experienced MMO Doubles players played thousands of matches could the best players notice they have one team that stands out the most? Not necessarily but it's possible.

On 21/11/2016 at 7:09 PM, OrangeManiac said:

Haha no problem, feel free to post any thoughts regarding anything. I don't care if this thread becomes a MMO Doubles discussion thread. The purpose for this thread was to give me something to do in quiet hours.

By the way, I mentioned it in the edited post but really badly worded so I guess I'll explain myself better. I think it's notable that the VGC players most likely have played hundreds to thousands of matches before the big tournaments. Maybe the metagame started out diverse but then every (good) player realized CHALK gives them highest chance to win? In addition I personally think counter-teaming is much harder in Doubles because the playmaking is in bigger effect in Doubles than Singles compared to effect of teambuilding. If experienced MMO Doubles players played thousands of matches could the best players notice they have one team that stands out the most? Not necessarily but it's possible.

Highly possible and i've been looking into it too this weekend but aint nobody got time for that so i stopped

But there's a team of 6 out there that tends towards what CHALK was in 2015 and it's your job as OP of this thread to find it

• Mike locked this topic