Sign in to follow this  
OrangeManiac

'Prevent from evolving' toggle

Question

Because of the existence of lower tiers I feel like this was an important thing before but with the addition of Little Cup I feel like this is almost like a necessity. I'm suggesting that on your Pokemon window you could have a toggle which if you press it, it prevents your Pokemon from evolving. It's probably one of the worst feelings in PokeMMO to have your Pokemon unintentionally evolve and I thought this would solve this issue easily.

Yes, I'm aware Everstone does the same thing but no one levels up / EV trains with Pokemon holding an Everstone c'mon guys.

16 answers to this question

The countless times I had to level something just for a single move or just keeping a poke as a baby is frustrating to say the least. I remember evolving my perfect haunter not too far back, albeit my fault if we had this feature it would have been easily avoided.

This post was just to bump this thread.  I never experienced these mistakes myself, but I dread the idea of me ever doing so when i'm working on my little cup comps.

I remember someone making a suggestion earlier about some type of "de-evo" item, and it was heavily rejected.  With that said I'm glad to see this has a lot of support because I've made my fair share of stupid mistakes.  Evolved my pickup meowth before, my chansey, a mankey I made for metronome and just today I accidentally evolved a friends drowzee for metronome.  I think the little cup implementation makes even more of a case for this, whether its some type of toggle or an in game item to de-evolve.  I haven't started any little cup poke but after making several metronome comps it's definitely frustrating having to stop evolution so many times.

Just now, Norfleet said:

this is why i love my amnesia brace

Or they can at least make this item trade-able.  Seems like maybe the easiest solution?

But Amnesia Brace isn't still the most effective way to EV train so it isn't a solution. People wanna EV train the most effectively leading to more mad people.

And we don't want people to get mad, right? Right devs???

Right??? Please?

Devs pls :/ After writing this thread I've already accidentally evolved 2 Pokemon and almost just did third.  

Never mind, make that 3 accidentally evolved Pokemon after this thread was posted.

Edited by OrangeManiac