Nintendo Switch

kloneman

New Splatoon and Mario Kart 9 or more 8 DLC too. I legit feel this could rival the Wii, Nintendo already dominate the handheld market, so to make a home console that is portable is just a great idea. Although going to Cartridges from Discs I'm not sure on, there would be so much less room. But then again it seems to be large enough for Breath of the Wild which is a massive game + they wouldn't possibly downgrade anything from the Wii U.

Needless to say I'm pretty hype

Spoiler

ju7VRRN.jpg

FromSoftware is a partner, makes me wonder is Dark Souls (and it's esk games) are gonna be on it. Invasions on the go could be cool. There are just a lot of things we don't know yet that are keeping me from being hyped up about it, mostly like what's the battery lift gonna be like once you take it out of the port, and will my fps and resolution go down when I take it out. I am in love with the concept though. 

15 hours ago, lillyfly said:

FromSoftware is a partner, makes me wonder is Dark Souls (and it's esk games) are gonna be on it. Invasions on the go could be cool. There are just a lot of things we don't know yet that are keeping me from being hyped up about it, mostly like what's the battery lift gonna be like once you take it out of the port, and will my fps and resolution go down when I take it out. I am in love with the concept though. 

It's possible that Dark Souls could be ported, and wouldn't surprise me at all either. The battery life will most likely be up there with the DS/DSLite/3DS once taken from the dock. For resolution, it looks like the handheld screen uses a smaller HD LCD display, so the resolution will probably be really good still. Your FPS shouldn't suffer at all either because they are using a decently powered processor for the portable screen.

As far as using carts instead of CDs, I like the idea simply because it means that your console is even more portable. Instead of being able to carry, let's say 20 discs (spitballing numbers), you can now carry upwards of 40+ carts with the space saved. Obviously the limitations are on the space you have for storage.

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

I'm surprised nobody is talking about it here. Anybody hype for the games, thoughts on price and paying for online play?

Honestly I'm extremely hyped. Breath of the Wild just keeps getting better and better imo. Splatoon 2 looking fresh af. And oh god. Super Mario Odyssey. I don't even know where to begin. I just fucking love it. Also Fire Emblem getting a title eventually is hype af. Overall, Nintendo can just take my money already.

As for online pay to play, honestly I don't mind. A lot of people are complaining and I've even seen some go as far as to say it'll flop because of that, but if that was a cause for flopping then Xbox and Playstation would have flopped. I think they're just trying to improve the online experience which I am on board for

Didn't even mention Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Looks super nice

Spoiler

Also I may have cried when the new Mario game was revealed

Spoiler

I admit I was crying because I was so excited for a new Mario. If you didn't know I am very invested in the Mario series and I have been waiting for this for a long time now

Edited by Ploegy
I had more shit to say

I think I'm most looking forward to Splatoon2, but Mario Odyssey, Kart and Zelda look superb. I love how the new Mario looks like it combines all the old mario games.

I stayed up until 3am last night watching some of the Treehouse live, Arms doesn't look that bad, battle mode in mk8 is amazing + they brought back bomb battles from double dash. The new splatoon weapon and specials are insane, might get some getting used to.

Anyone preordering a console now or gonna wait until the game library starts filling? I'll probably get it at launch with Zelda, although i'm not a big Zelda fan. The all black one, screw the red and blue one, hurts my ocd.