[PSL 6] Week Four

#CubonedGotBoned#AriWhere#CaptainNameDrop#LastMinute#BaenineLead#FightforSecond#Gunt2SweeT#TranzPass#PloegyFoundHerGlasses#ParkeOnAMission#EloyWinningToo#RoyClutch#Btoom!goBoom#MoeMoeIsBack#MidseasonIsComing

League Standing and Schedule: http://challonge.com/pslseason6

League Statistics: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hnDEjOk6QAJt4EEQqeoqs6ZD4AtaVck2YBPBygW5lY0/edit?usp=sharing

As a reminder:

Sportsmanship

Spoiler

This event is all about competition, so get your shit straight and get these matches done. If you don't you're letting your teammates down, you're letting your opponent down, you're letting the community down, and most of all, you're letting yourself down. So shame on you, your family, your cow, and your grandma if you bail. Oh yea, you'll get suspended for not showing up as well. 

Ghosting & Coaching

Spoiler

Don't be a uguu, this is the fucking PSL. 

Revealing Teams & Sets

Spoiler

Don't be that dodo head in normal chat predicting moves and possibly altering the events of a match (looks at Burntzebra). It isn't competitive and we want to see the players make their own plays without outside influence. 

Substitutions

Spoiler

If a manager needs a sub, they can sub a player out for a player on their bench. The player that was removed from the line up is now inactive for the remainder of the week.

For Players: Scheduling Your Match

Spoiler
  1. Contact your opponent by PM as soon as possible
  2. Provide dates and times in order to schedule a match anytime throughout the week between September 26 - October 2nd (5pm PDT Deadline)
  3. Duels take place at Vermilion Ch 7 or on Showdown
  4. Matches that take place on Showdown will need to have a replay posted in this thread
  5. Announce your duel in this thread 10 minutes before it starts. If you don't a rematch will have to take place
  6. If you have trouble contacting your opponent, contact your manager and their manager so the appropriate changes can be made
  7. There are no extensions, so if a match does not take place, you're at risk for an activity decision and possible suspension for one week
  8. Also, if you can't find your opponent's forum name or IGN, just go to your opponent's team thread and click the link. I tried to "@" everyone but it looked ugly as fuck.

The Savage Swamperts (4) vs Cuboned (6)

OU: Gluumac vs Pachima

OU: lRoyXD vs Maekaaay

OU: Zozorth vs Hassan

UU: Havsha vs Forfiter

UU: Aftershocker vs Arimanius

NU: NataliaHeart vs whilt

NU: DarylDixonTWD vs Mnemosyne

Doubles: Artemiseta vs Rendoz

ADV: Foggi vs Eggplant

DPP: Raptori vs XPLOZ

Team Riga (4) vs Wynaut Zoidberg (6) 

OU: Eloyriptor vs Xilias

OU: Raaidn vs Frags

OU: Kimikozen vs Tryss

UU: Enchanteur vs Mlhawk

UU: MisterHide vs Predakiller

NU: Takens vs Lazaaro

NU: Yettodie vs flavawhat

Doubles: LordofAngmar vs Lkrenz

ADV: Linken vs EricTheGreat

DPP: Gunthug vs Btooom!

Caramello Komalas (5) vs Baenine's Canines (5)

OU: Schuchty vs DoubleJ

OU: SejuaniSupport vs Torinnnnn

OU: NightArch vs Spxter

UU: NikhilR vs Guerinf

UU: yangsam vs DestructX

NU: LifeStyle vs YUBELLLLLLLLLLLL

NU: timwaps vs GymLeaderGaryy

Doubles: Imabetheverybest vs Jice

ADV: Tyrone vs Tranzmaster

DPP: Oltan vs Moetal

Hellacious Houndooms (4) vs West High Knights (6)

OU: Walpayer vs Kevola 

OU: Krillin vs LegendL

OU: Fipp vs FABBROoo

UU: Sebat vs overToasted

UU: Bluejim vs BlackJovi

NU: YungMulah vs Parke

NU: Didistutter vs Miguelez

Doubles: Jayfeatskyd vs BlueBreath

ADV: Spaintakula vs Verrus

DPP: Giantpipe vs SweeTforU

Deadline Sunday, 23rd of October at 5PM PDT

Don't forget to PM your opponent ASAP!

Remember to post your scheduled battle time in this thread at least 10 minutes before it starts.

Showdown players remember to provide replays.

All ingame battles shall be played in Vermillion Channel 7 PC.

=)

Edited by DoubleJ

We don't even know what happened to Ari yet, and he's already suspended for W4... It's not like yangsam did everything to play this battle. Ari contacted him friday night (which is way too late, I agree), and proposed Saturday or Sunday. Yangsam didn't contact ari before this, and agreed on Sunday. Like I said, it's both players' fault.

I'm losing interest in that shit, I don't know if i'm gonna play anymore if you don't review your call and make a fairer one.

3 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

I'm losing interest in that shit, I don't know if i'm gonna play anymore if you don't review your call and make a fairer one.

I don't see what this solves, "I'm not playing anymore because I disagree with a decision" it just seems childish, and if anything hurts your team even more than the suspension on Ari.

I agree both players are at fault for the late scheduling, but they both knew the consequences of that. When a player wait until the end of the week to contact their opponent and then doesn't show up, I don't see a reason to reward them with an extension.

1 minute ago, Kizhaz said:

I don't see what this solves, "I'm not playing anymore because I disagree with a decision" it just seems childish, and if anything hurts your team even more than the suspension on Ari.

I agree both players are at fault for the late scheduling, but they both knew the consequences of that. When a player wait until the end of the week to contact their opponent and then doesn't show up, I don't see a reason to reward them with an extension.

I'm not saying it solves anything. I'm losing interest, that's all. I don't want to play in an event with bs decisions (involving 2 guys from the same team) and no competition. I want to see battles. I want to win if I desserve to, and to lose if i'm bad.

Last season, Guerinf v Noad, very similar situation and an extra time was given because the result of the battle was decisive. We lost, but we fucking felt much better than winning on such a bullshit.

11 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

We don't even know what happened to Ari yet, and he's already suspended for W4... It's not like yangsam did everything to play this battle. Ari contacted him friday night (which is way too late, I agree), and proposed Saturday or Sunday. Yangsam didn't contact ari before this, and agreed on Sunday. Like I said, it's both players' fault.

i mean at least this way cubones could blame there terrible season on leaving players instead of being shit

44/89 for predictions, nice and average

The Savage Swamperts (6) vs Cuboned (4)

OU: Gluumac vs Pachima

OU: lRoyXD vs Maekaaay

OU: Zozorth vs Hassan

UU: Havsha vs Forfiter

UU: Aftershocker vs ???

NU: NataliaHeart vs whilt

NU: DarylDixonTWD vs Mnemosyne

Doubles: Artemiseta vs Rendoz

ADV: Foggi vs Eggplant

DPP: Raptori vs XPLOZ

Team Riga (4) vs Wynaut Zoidberg (6) 

OU: Eloyriptor vs Xilias

OU: Raaidn vs Frags

OU: Kimikozen vs Tryss

UU: Enchanteur vs Mlhawk

UU: MisterHide vs Predakiller

NU: Takens vs Lazaaro

NU: Yettodie vs flavawhat

Doubles: LordofAngmar vs Lkrenz

ADV: Linken vs EricTheGreat

DPP: Gunthug vs Btooom!

Hellacious Houndooms (2) vs West High Knights (8)

OU: Walpayer vs Kevola 

OU: Krillin vs LegendL

OU: Fipp vs FABBROoo

UU: Sebat vs overToasted

UU: Bluejim vs BlackJovi

NU: YungMulah vs Parke

NU: Didistutter vs Miguelez

Doubles: Jayfeatskyd vs BlueBreath

ADV: Spaintakula vs Verrus

DPP: Giantpipe vs SweeTforU

23 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

agreed on Sunday

End of story. If you agreed on a time, you better show up on that time or you take the lost. If you need to take care of urgent matters/cannot attend at the scheduled time, you let your team manager/captain know and have them sub you. Ari is no show, did not notify his team, and his team did not sub for him - so his team takes a loss. This ain't rocket science.

Edited by Moetal
10 minutes ago, Moetal said:

End of story. If you agreed on a time, you better show up on that time or you take the lost. If you need to take care of urgent matters/cannot attend at the scheduled time, you let your team manager/captain know and have them sub you. Ari is no show, did not notify his team, and his team did not sub for him - so his team takes a loss. This ain't rocket science.

Sometimes, something really bad happens and you aren't able to notify your team the same day. That's what we call real life.

And besides strict rules, we want to watch and to play battles. That's what PSL is about.

12 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

Sometimes, something really bad happens and you aren't able to notify your team the same day. That's what we call real life.

And besides strict rules, we want to watch and to play battles. That's what PSL is about.

Let me quote Darkshade:

On 9/27/2016 at 10:53 AM, Darkshade said:

If you're unable to set aside the time to fully participate in a tournament, then unfortunately the tournament is not going to wait for you.

If you're needing more time to attend to things in real life then perhaps you should accept that you do not have the time to participate.

Those two can arrange a match this week just to dish it out if they want, but will not be credited towards PSL. Everyone play by the rules and we should not break or bend rules to make it, as you call it, "fair".

EDIT: I saw Ari's post and have taken his situation into account, but that still does not make it ok for your team to not sub him when he did not show up in time. I believe we should take JJ out of the equation and let the two team's manager decide if they want to have that match rescheduled or keep the current decision. 

Edited by Moetal

It turns out Arimanius actually died in a car accident resulting in him missing his PSL match. He has assured us that he will be attend all future matches and would humbly like to ask for an extension.

Real talk though can we at least hear him out before jumping to any conclusions or decisions since it wasn't necessarily his fault this was scheduled so late?

edit: RIP he ninjad me in the other thread. My point still stands though.

Edited by Rendiz

Legally, Ari's reasoning should warrant him an extension, if not anything other than a loss. It should be noted that an event beyond anyone's control befell him and that there is undeniable evidence to support this. Such an event is seen as an Act of God, which in tort law is "an overwhelming event caused exclusively by natural forces whose effects could not possibly be prevented (e.g., flood, earthquake, tornado).  In modern jurisdictions, "act of God" is often broadened by statute to include all natural phenomena whose effects could not be prevented by the exercise of reasonable care and foresight." (Cornell University Law School) Under international law, there is enough reason to overturn an activity decision following the principle of a force majeure clause. It is incumbent upon the manager to hold a PSL that is fair, thus to award an activity win that goes against international law is a disservice to the community outside the team he favors. In this case, justice is denied and one can surmise that we are playing a futile best friend's game. 

#biasedhost

Just now, whilt said:

Legally, Ari's reasoning should warrant him an extension, if not anything other than a loss. It should be noted that an event beyond anyone's control befell him and that there is undeniable evidence to support this. Such an event is seen as an Act of God, which in tort law is "an overwhelming event caused exclusively by natural forces whose effects could not possibly be prevented (e.g., flood, earthquake, tornado).  In modern jurisdictions, "act of God" is often broadened by statute to include all natural phenomena whose effects could not be prevented by the exercise of reasonable care and foresight." (Cornell University Law School) Under international law, there is enough reason to overturn an activity decision following the principle of a force majeure clause. It is incumbent upon the manager to hold a PSL that is fair, thus to award an activity win that goes against international law is a disservice to the community outside the team he favors. In this case, justice is denied and one can surmise that we are playing a futile best friend's game. 

#biasedhost

thanks judge judy

Bilderesultat for judge judy