Encounters - Shortstory Writing Contest (Monday, October 24th - Sunday, November 6th)

Description:

Seen a ghost recently while going out to train a pokemon? Someone in your group disappeared while travelling the mountains? Weird things are happening around you but there is no logical explanation to their cause? And it just so happens you have nobody to share your story with but are burning to make it heard? Then this is the right spot for you! My name's Gabby and together with my partner Ty I am looking for the most supernatural and mysterious story in all of kanto and hoenn! Can you deliver us a story that will make even the most skeptical of our readers believe in the supernatural?

Rules:

• All entries must include your IGN.
  • All entries must be your own original work.
  • All entries must be posted into this thread.
  • All entries must adhere to our Code of conduct.
  • All entries must be submited during the given time frame.
  • No entry may exceed the 2500 word count.
  • You are free to choose the overall theme of your story, but it has to play in the PokeMMO universe and has to have a mysterious/supernatural setting behind it.
  • You are free to use your own character as a basis for the protagonist or any of the NPC you can meet in PokeMMO (feel free to have a little description of the protagonist if it is your own character)
  • Be creative and have fun! :)

Entry Submission Timeframe:

Start: Monday, October 24th - 12am BST

End:  Sunday, November 6th - 11:59 GMT

Prizes:

1.Place

1000 RP and 1.000.000$

2. Place

500 RP and 500.000$

Host: Kurodashi

Refs: Bearminator Raederz XelaKebert

7 minutes ago, GergFalerg said:

Can we include some in-game screenshots in the story just to help visualize the setting?

Feel free to do so, but ingame locations will still have to be atleast mentioned in a way that one is able to know where you are without visuals. Screenshot, pictures, etc will not be counted towards scoring, since it is afterall a writing contest. If anything screenshots could show how well you described/made use of the ingame setting/places.

And how about the original language? I'm a spanish talker and i wrote a lot of creepypastes (In spanish of course) Must i translate It? 

And i have a great story, not for this contest, but is a PokeMMO one, a PokeMMO crossover whit Ace Attorney saga, feel free to read it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h9qmp0btubs2q8b/Ace+Attorney+PokeMMO.pdf

Of course, is in my native language

Edited by claudiom361
2 minutes ago, Kurodashi said:

Your character has to be a person in the PokeMMO universe or your own ingame character. You are writing it from the point of view from the person you chose. No reallife persons or places may be included.

Thanks Kuro

Ign: ChaserKen

:3 i wrote this after i read about this thread.

A dark and Rainy Night

-Lilycove Pokemon Center-

Nurse Joy: Good evening! May i heal your pokemon for you?

ChaserKen: ....hm?... oh yeah.. yes please ty....

Nurse Joy: Is something wrong?

ChaserKen: oh.. its nothing..

Nurse Joy: Okay i will go and heal your pokemon now.. if you dont mind waiting for a while you can sit with them to keep you entertained.

*points to 3 people who just came from Mt.Pyre*

ChasenKen: okay..

-in my mind-

ChaserKen: Its been a day since i left that place... and it still feels like i havent even left it...

-voices outside my mind-

Guy 1: I still cant believe anyone would go that far..

Guy 2: Yeah... poor kid...

Guy 3: I hope we could have help him but i guess we were too late...

ChaserKen: uhm... excuse me... can i ask?.. what happened in Mt. Pyre?..

*looks straight to the 3*

Guy 3: !!! Hey isnt that! 

Guy 1 and 2: Lets get outa here!

ChaserKen: huh...? Whats wrong with them...

Nurse Joy: Thank You for waiting. Heres your pokemon all healed up.

Chaserken: Uhm Thank You...

Nurse Joy: Are you sure everythings fine? 

ChaserKen: ...Those guys were talking about a kid in Mt. Pyre...

Nurse Joy: oh... that kid... there was a news yesterday... about a kid who was killed by a pokemon at top of the Mt. Pyre...

ChaserKen: i see...then why did those guys ran away when they saw me?...

Nurse Joy: I guess its because you look like that kid...wait here ill show you a picture.

ChaserKen:....

Nurse Joy: Here it is

*Shows a picture of the kid dead on the floor of Mt.Pyre*

ChaserKen: !!! It couldnt be....

*looks at own hand*

Nurse Joy: ? Whats wrong? Do you know him? Or are you Twins?

ChaserKen: i.. gotta go... thank you...

Nurse Joy: Your welcome.. please come again..

*runs through the rain heading to Mt.Pyre*

-top of Mt Pyre-

ChaserKen: no!! It could be!!

???: so you return!

ChaserKen: What are you doing!! 

???: Guarding your dead body of course.. what else... Muahahaha!!!

ChaserKen: Im not dead! Im still here!! Ill show you!!

Go Tyranitar!!

Tyranitar: .......

ChaserKen: huh whats wrong Tyranitar?

-voice of tyranitar-

Tyranitar: its too late... i cant help you anymore...im sorry....

*tyranitar slowly fades away*

ChaserKen: no... it cant be...

??? : Muahahaha!! I told you! Your already dead! No one will remember you! IF ONLY YOUVE CHOSEN ME AS YOUR STARTER!

ChaserKen: but.... bannette...

*everything slowly getting dark*

-voices in the head-

??? : He....hey!! Hey!!

ChaserKen: ugh huh??

*slowly wakes up*

-littleroot town-

ChaserKen: where... am i?? renz...?

Renz (lil bro/rival): took you long enough! Cmon hurry up! You said after your nap we will start our adventure!

ChaserKen: ...i did..?

Renz: yeah so hurry up!

ChaserKen: ....wheres mom...?

Renz: .... you joking?....  moms dead.... everyone in little root is dead except us.... 

ChaserKen: ....oh....yeah...

Renz: we should go... 

ChaserKen: go ahead ill follow you...

*Renz leaves the house*

ChaserKen: ... something feels wrong... oh well..

*leaves home and followed Renz*

-house-

*TV Opens*

News: Breaking news! It have been reported that the child named Renz who murdered all townspeople of littleroot was assumed to have been controled by a ghost pokemon! As for now there is no clue for the where abouts of this child. To anyone who happen to have seen this child please report immediately to Officer Jenny!.......

OR ELSE.....

Edited by PKMNtrainer
mitsakes,i accidentally said report to nurse joy :p,spoiler

IGN: GergFalerg

Happy Halloween! >:D

Trick or Treat: The Tale of the Generic Title

One cold and dark Friday night GergFalerg was standing in front of the Pokecenter at Vermilion City. There was an eerie fog covering the whole area, one could fall in the water if not careful. Gerg's PokeNav starts noisily ringing. The display shows that it's his mom calling so he answers. "Hey Gerg, your cousin keeps calling asking for a jigglypuff. He wants you to catch one for him," she says. Gerg rolls his eyes, "He called me earlier today too, I'll go to route 3 in a bit. What's his obsession with jigglypuffs?" Gerg replies. She chuckles slightly and says, "I don't know, maybe it's puberty. Anyway, have fun and always be careful. This foggy weather seems to be all over Kanto tonight. Bye." The call ends. Gerg chuckles, looking at his PokeNav. "Those Devon guys really outdid themselves making this thing usable in Kanto too," he says to himself.

Gerg decides to go to Pewter City first so he can get some supplies at the mart since he is running low on some. He uses a Fly Ocarina to summon a Pidgeotto to take him there. He gets on it and instructs the Pidgeotto to head for Pewter. The Pidgeotto takes off and quickly rises above the fog, then it spreads its wings and glides steadily towards Pewter.

Upon arrival Gerg remembers that there is a mart in Vermilion, so he facepalms loudly, startling the Pidgeotto. He pats the bird on its back and it flies away. "Oh well," says Gerg. He enters the mart and buys supplies. Then he heads east to route 3. As Gerg is passing the trainers on the route he thinks, "Wow, they look pretty tired. Must've been a long day of battling trainers." He stops at the farthest grass patch and starts looking for a jigglypuff. After a few wild encounters he finds one. Gerg sends out Smeargle and easily catches it, then he checks its nature and IVs and says, "Hey, that's pretty good."

As Gerg was getting ready to leave, he hears a loud high-pitched scream coming from the route that leads to the Pokecenter and the entrance to Mt. Moon. He hurries to it thinking someone is in trouble. When Gerg reaches the area, he sees what seems to be a pile of zubats on the ground between the Pokecenter and the mountain entrance. He breathes a sigh of relief, chuckling to himself, "Some kid probably just got scared of all these zubats." But then he looks again and sees a hand sticking out underneath all the zubats. He gasps in horror at the realization. Gerg quickly sends out Arcanine and instructs it to roar the zubats away. Arcanine lets out a thunderous roar, immediately scattering the zubats, making them all fly away and back into Mt. Moon. Gerg slowly gets closer to the body and sees that it's... a dead child, very pale, covered with bite marks. Gerg is stunned. He asks himself, "How could this happen? Wild zubats are usually not this aggressive."

Gerg enters the Pokecenter and asks Nurse Joy if anyone saw what happened. With a concerned look on her face, she points to a group of people where the seats are. Gerg walks towards them and notices that they are surrounding a crying girl. All of them have shocked expressions on their faces. The girl is sitting curled up weeping and hugging her squirtle. The squirtle looks terrified. Another Nurse Joy is sitting next to the girl trying to comfort her. She asks the girl, "What happened?" The girl answers, "He was my friend. We were just training our starters, when we smelled a very sweet scent. We looked around and saw a scary man with an oddish. Suddenly, hordes of zubats came out of Mt. Moon. I was so scared, I ran away. Then I looked back and my friend was covered in zubats flailing wildly." She starts to weep again, then she yells, "I couldn't do anything!" The girl leans on Nurse Joy. Gerg looks concerned. He sees on the TV that some news crews have arrived outside the Pokecenter. He asks the girl, "Did you see the man's face or where he went?" The girl replies, "No, he was just... gone."

Gerg goes outside and sees the news crews, police, paramedics and some spectators. He also sees more people running up from route 3, some of them he recognizes from Pewter. His PokeNav rings. It's his mom again, he answers it, "Gerg, Are you okay? I was watching the news and I got worried. You said you were going to route 3 and that's close to where the horrible thing happened." she says. Gerg calms her down, says he's fine and explains what happened. They then say their goodbyes. Then Gerg remembers something from the girl's story. She said they were training their starters but the boy had no sign of his starter with him. It should have been either found next to his body or in a pokeball on him. Also, there's no way a single sweet scent from an oddish can summon THAT many zubats. Then Gerg remembers her squirtle. He remembers that the squirtle looked a bit like it was terrified of the girl. Then as Gerg realizes this, loud screams erupt from inside the Pokecenter. He hurries inside to see what's happening. As soon as he's inside, he sees the walls and the floor covered in blood. The lights flickering. Some of the people from earlier that were surrounding the girl, are now on the floor bleeding, some of them missing limbs. Gerg looks up at the corner where the walls meet the ceiling and sees the girl. Her feet are on the walls, her arms drawn back with her hands touching the ceiling. Her eyes glowing red, blood dripping from her mouth. The girl laughs maniacally with her voice and a second deeper demonic voice. Gerg jumps and hides behind the counter, crashing into the others terrified and hiding there too. A very strong dark energy emanates from the girl, pushing everything away and shattering the windows. Then the entire inside of the Pokecenter becomes covered in blinding darkness. The girl's laughing stops. The only thing they can hear are the girl's wet footsteps on the bloody floor. Then everyone hears a whisper from the little girl voice very close to their ears, "Trick or Treat," the girl giggles. Suddenly the darkness dissipates. The girl is gone. The people bleeding on the floor are gone. All the people outside start pouring in to help. Gerg looks around terrified at the aftermath.

A reporter from one of the news crews is on his phone talking very seriously. Gerg notices him. The reporter then goes to the TV - which is surprisingly still working despite a cracked screen - and changes the channel to another news channel. Gerg gets closer and watches, "Breaking News, just a moment ago, a strange girl appeared in Lavender Town demanding candy. We don't know who she is or where she came from but..." Gerg stops watching and goes outside. He sees the squirtle from earlier looking very sad standing beside the boy's corpse. As Gerg passes, the squirtle looks up at Gerg with watery eyes. Gerg stops and extends his hand to the squirtle. The squirtle looks at Gerg's hand then puts its hand in it. They share a subtle smile and walk away together.

THE END?

Edited by GergFalerg
spacing

IGN: Pachima

Hope you enjoy it. Nice Halloween.

It was a good day for Pachima. It was the day he would finally get all the Hoenn gym badges and earn the right to challenge the best of the best. It was his dream after all.

Both Juan and Pachima were already down to one last Pokemon. On one side, there was a Walrein, on the other, a Persian.

Walrein was already breathless. In fact, the battle had already dragged for quite a bit now. However, one can´t say Persian was on a better shape. Both Pokemons were struggling for the pride of their trainers, but they couldn´t endure it anymore. Everything would be settled on that last move.

But Pachima was not naive and quickly devised a plan where it would maximize the chances of victory.

And so, he narrowed his look and inspected the area thoroughly.

“Persian is faster” he thought “But such speed doesn´t help when the field is fully covered by ice”

Persian waited patiently for its trainer decision.

“If I use take down here” Pachima added “There is a chance for Persian to slip and miss the move…”

He widened his eyes, suddenly, an idea crossed his mind.

“That´s it” he shouted, slightly startling both Persian and Juan.

He smiled. He looked confident now.

With Shock wave, Persian is guaranteed to win… even in this field” Pachima finished.

And so, he pointed at Walrein.

“Very well Persian” he declared, out loud now “Go with Shock Wave”

Right then, a shiver crossed his body. He looked pale and static. Something was there, he felt it. He turned around, and around, but he didn´t see anything unusual. It was weird.

Meanwhile, Persian rushed towards Walrein at blazing speed as he dodged skillfully the pillars of ice randomly disposed in the field.

When already near the opponent, Persian performed a magnificent jump, and there, he gathered some energy around it, to release it afterwards in the form of sparks.

Walrein was not fast enough to dodge the attack, however, much for Pachima´s surprise, Shock wave missed his target and ended up exploding on the floor upon contact.

He widened his look wildly.

“How did it miss?” he wondered, clueless about.

But then, the exact same feeling invaded his body. Everything was cold and distant for him. He was pale, his hands shivering, he was frightened.

But the battle proceeded, and Walrein grabbed his chance to prepare a huge wave of water behind him.

“Walrein!” Juan shouted, pointing at Persian, who had just landed safely on the field “Use surf!”

Walrein nodded and growled as leaped upon the wave and surfed it as it rushed wrathfully towards the poor cat. Persian couldn´t avoid a wave of this size and took a full hit on his body. It was a critical hit.

Persian was fainted!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moments later, all the Pokemon were fully restored by nurse Joy.

“We hope to see you again” Joy declared, with her best smile.

“Thanks” Pachima replied.

And he turned around, happily, but then, the lights dimmed a bit.

He stopped, swiftly crossing the area with his look. And for the third time, he felt frightened. He couldn´t stop shivering.

“Joy?” he asked, turning around “Do you kn…”

Pachima paralyzed in fear when he noticed Joy with her head low. A dark aura enveloped her body, turning her even more frightfully. Everything was silent, and unmoving.

Pachima then slowly stepped backwards towards the door. However, it closed with a creepy creak.

“What´s going on here?” he wondered, as much as he was capable of.

He briefly closed his eyes, trying to gather some confidence from his depths, before taking a deep breath.

“Who are you?” he asked, out loud.

But there was no response.

He turned his head around and around. At some point, his look met Nurse Joy, who suddenly slightly moved.

Pachima leaned towards the wall in fear as Joy slowly raised her head.

Those seconds looked like an perpetuality for him. In the end, he couldn´t avoid to let out a shout for the terrific scenario in front of his very eyes.

The aura around her increased exponentially. Her eyes, cold and dark, gazed Pachima creepily.

Then, she levitated above the counter to approach the poor trainer, who couldn´t even move anymore.

“Help… us” she declared with a low, yet really creepy voice.

But Pachima didn´t seem to understand.

“Help… us” Joy repeated, slightly louder now.

“Help?” the trainer wondered, more relieved now “What is she asking help for?”

“One… of…us” joy replied, as if she read his mind “Needs… help”

“One of you?” Pachima asked, lowly “Who is seeking for my help?”

“Our… child” the nurse declared “Gastly… is in… trouble… Will you… help…us?”

“Y-yes. Of course I will” he stuttered, with a somewhat forced smile.

Suddenly, he felt dizzy. He couldn´t hold to anything near and collapsed on the floor.

On the second after, he woke up, but he wasn´t at the same place now.

The sky was red, and contrasted by the dark leaves on the top of the trees. The ground beneath them seemed like an endless abyss, Pachima almost shouted, but quickly realized he wouldn´t fall from there.

“Where are we?” he asked, still dismayed, to which a Haunter emerged out of nowhere, briefly startling him.

“This is our lair” the ghost replied “We apologize for what we make you through, but our Gastly is in desperate need of help.

“Very well” Pachima stated, not without throwing some frightful looks at his surroundings “What is happening to him?”

“A nightmare!”

Pachima turned around, to where the sound seemed to come from. It was a dragged voice, already rotten by the time, but with the tiny hint of femaleness on it.

And above him, A Gengar appeared.

“Our Gastly is having an awful nightmare” she stated “I and Haunter already tried to enter in it, but somehow the path is blocked”

Pachima looked thoughtfully as he tried to make sense on all those words.

“We know that human´s mind is stronger than ours” Gengar added “And your bond with your Pokemon is rivaled by none… so I would like you ask you if you could enter in the nightmare for us”

“What?” Pachima asked, astonished “How am I supposed to do that?” He added.

Haunter created a fainted smile, the best he had the urge to.

“That´s with us” He assured “You just need to go and to see what´s happening”

“O-okay” the trainer declared, somewhat confident “Count on me, then”

“Our deepest thanks” Gengar declared, bowing her body “Good luck out there”

Next, Gengar and haunter surrounded Pachima and created some dance. Gradually, the trainer felt dizzy… and dizzer. Finally, he went unconscious.

His mind crossed time and space. In the end, there was a sleeping Gastly. He seemed tormented by something, but somehow, he couldn´t wake up.

“Here we go!” Pachima shouted as he entered in the Gastly´s realm.

It was dark there, really dark. The floor seemed solid, although a bit sticky. Pachima fumbled the place around him. There were too walls around him, both sticky as well.

He tried to move, but he didn´t. The darkness there was absolute.

“Let´s start this” the trainer stated, throwing a pokeball.

The sound of a Pokemon emerging echoed through the area, but the Pokemon couldn´t be seen.

“Persian, use flash!” the trainer ordered.

The pokemon made some cry and gradually, the area lightened.

There was a path and a path only to the right, through which they followed.

Persian approached his trainer as they crossed the corridor. Suddenly, the Pokemon stopped, staring fixedly the horizon.

“What is it?” Pachima asked.

Persian growled. In the horizon, a shadow moved. Suddenly, terrorizing Pachima, an eyeless Fearow attacked them.

“Persian! Use false swipe!”

And Persian rushed towards the bird. Then, with a jump, he unleashed his claws to slash Fearow on one of its wings.

Fearow looked badly injured, but it managed to strike Persian with a pursuit, slightly damaging the cat Pokemon.

“Pursuit?”  Pachima wondered, as if the move itself gave him the idea of what was happening.

“Finish him off” He then shouted “Go with Shock wave!”

Persian rushed once again towards the bird, gathering a sparky aura around him before unleashing all that energy against Fearow, who fell on the ground, to disappear afterwards.

The trainer stared thoughtfully at the spot where Fearow once was.

“I wonder if…”

But he didn´t finish. Instead, he proceeded through the corridor, with his Persian.

Seconds later, something stirred around them. This shadow was too fast for Pachima to follow. Suddenly, it attacked from above. It was a Scizor. His eyes glowed with a bloodthirsty red as it devoured Pachima with his eyes.

“This one looks stronger” Pachima stated, watching how fast Scizor waved his claws “Persian, use false swipe!”

Persian nodded and slashed the enemy, which laughed in despise from the attack.

It was Scizor´s turn. And with a swift movement, it used pursuit on Persian, damaging considerably the Persian, who jumped backwards so to seek distance from the enemy.

“That’s it!” Pachima wondered, the Pokemons here only use pursuit, I know what´s happening here”

“Now Persian” He added, out loud “Reveal your hidden power”

And a fiery aura enveloped Persian, who concentrated himself to unleash all the energy gathered around him.

Scizor tried to dodge, but he couldn´t.

Wild Scizor fainted!

Pachima crouched beside Persian, who looked exhausted.

“Don´t worry” the trainer declared, kindly, as he put his hand on his bag, to take out a potion from there.

Hyper Potion was used on Persian.

And in the blink of an eye, Persian acted like the almighty, however their fun ended there. At the end of the corridor, ten glowing red eyes gazed them do death.

The eerie feeling they felt made them gasp as the looks shortened distance to them.

“It´s now Persian” Pachima declared.

At that instant, the creatures leaped upon the battlefield. It was a horde of Absols. Four of them were similar, the fifth one, however, was given a bright red color. It was a shiny Absol!

The group quickly surrounded Persian so to not let him go away.

“Persian, Shock wave!”

Persian crossed the area with his look before gathering electricity around him to fire a wave of sparks, which scattered everywhere.

The Absols had nowhere to hide and so, every single one of them got hit by the move.

But they didn´t give up, and together, they unleashed an array of pursuits, one after another, preventing Persian from escaping.

After the onslaught, Persian became breathless and heavily injured. Pachima couldn´t avoid to feel sorry for him, but he knew if he tried to switch Persian for another Pokemon, the Absols would just pursuit him to faintness.

Pachima clenched his fists. He needed to get rid of some Absols in that turn before they attacked Persian once again.

“Persian!” he ordered “Another Shock wave”

The Pokemon obeyed and unleashed another wave of sparks against the enemies. This time, however, one of the Pokemon hit suffered from a critical hit, and one another from a really high roll. In the end, two of the five Absols fainted and vanished.

Pachima created a brief smile, but it was Absol´s turn now.

The three Absols then chased Persian, and used pursuit on it one after another.

Persian was now struggling to breath and Pachima knew he wouldn´t endure it much longer, but he also knew Absols were on the verge of their stregths, so he didn´t give up, and ordered, although costly,  to Persian strike once again.

Persian´s legs didn´t want to move, but the cat Pokemon used all of his remaining strengths to release another wave of sparks, hitting every Absol remaining.

Persian collapsed on the floor, breathless, the battle was won!

Or not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In fact, one of the Absols was still able to fight. It was the red Absol, now with an unmatched wrath towards Persian. The terrifying Pokemon roared mightily, blood came from his mouth.

It was the end, Persian was already with a red bar health and was Absol´s turn now.

It gazed Persian even more intensely almost as if it was gonna eat him alive.

And Persian looked at Pachima one last time before closing his eyes, making the trainer drop a tear of sorrow.

Meanwhile, Absol slowly shortened distance to Persian as if those moments of agony were the very essence of his being.

Finally, it would come to an end. Absol was already about to unleash the last blow on Persian, but Pachima refused to accept defeat and clenched his fists. Was there any hope to survive?”

Absol didn´t care and gazed Persian with tremendous pleasure as he dropped the ban hammer against him.

Another tear crossed Pachima´s face. He couldn´t see what would follow next. And closed his eyes.

And so it happened…

Persian´s body glowed.

Pachima opened his eyes.

And his only wish came true. The item he held on Persian activated its effect. It was a focus band.

“YES!!!” Pachima shouted like there would be no tomorrow, startling the combatants.

Persian looked at its trainer, although costly, and smiled.

Pachima cried in mixed feelings as his Persian exerted all his pressure on his legs to stand up, just to fall and try again.

“Don´t force it” the trainer said, kindly, before deflecting his look to the red Absol “I myself will take care of it.

And so he did. He ran across the field and, when near the Absol, which was too exhausted to retaliate, delivered him a punch with all of his strengths.

Wild Absol fainted!

Pachima didn´t waste time to hug Persian, and both smiled at each other happily.

But it wasn´t over yet, Gastly was still to be found.

But he was right at the end of the tunnel, sleeping.

The brave trainer approached him and took a pokeflute out of his bag. Then, he started playing a relaxing melody out of it.

Gradually, Gastly opened his eyes, and woke up.

Both smiled, and the nightmare fell apart.

When Pachima woke up, he was again in the usual lively pokecenter.

Gastly, Haunter and Gengar popped out of nowhere around him.

“We can´t express our gratitude towards you” Gengar said “Thanks for saving Gastly”

Pachima smiled, embarrassedly.

“By the way” Haunter intervened “What was causing the locked dream?”

“Gastly couldn´t flee from the dream by a pursuit of the nightmare itself” Pachima informed “But it´s all fine now!”

“I see” Haunter added “We shall leave you now, and once more, Thanks!!”

“Wait!” Pachima shouted “Was it you who made Shock Wave miss at the gym?”

Haunter turned to Gengar clueless about.

“What Shock Wave?” he asked “We didn´t mess with your battle back there”

With this, they vanished, leaving the trainer engulfed into his thoughts.

But he quickly realized he wouldn´t find an answer, so he returned to the reality, where he turned to Nurse Joy.

Her head was low, and unmoving.

Edited by pachima
Spacing

IGN: madioson

Warnings: Some blood, overall spooky concepts. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Spoiler

Amy and Liv were inseparable from birth. From walks along Route 117 to ding-dong-ditching the various Residential homes, they did it all together, and they relished every moment. Now 10 years old, just hitting the crest of adolescence, the duo finds some changes. But these changes...they weren't brought on by their relationship. No, how could they? The two were practically conjoined at the hip. Their final (and only) quarrel was called upon by a creature. A fervent, horrid -- wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start from the beginning, shall we? 

Our two lovely little ladies were making their typical rounds in Route 117. Now mind you, they have been doing this every day since the dawn of PokeMMO, and maybe even prior to that. History from before this era (B.P. for short) is exiguous and on the very cusp of being irrelevant, do keep that in mind as we continue this legend. 

Amy: Liv, why do we do this? Isn't there anything better to do in this puny town of Hoenn? I hear the beaches are quite nice in this time of year. 

Liv: Amy, please. You know why we do this. Ma' said so. 

Amy: Yeah but don't you wonder, Liv? 

Liv looks askance and sighs. Truth be told, she does wonder what the Outside brings. She's heard myths from the so-called "conquerors" who she fights day after day. They talk about the formidable Elite Four and the legendary Rayquaza pokémon. However, just because she wonders doesn't mean she has to act on her thoughts. Thoughts are thoughts for a reason, right? Liv took out her dearest poké, a shiny Scizor. She leaves it in the ball, thinking of where she would be in the wild with this Scizor. -- "Would I survive? Is she strong enough? Am I smart enough?" Liv contemplated. Liv alone wasn't nearly competent enough to be alone in the wilderness. She needed her sister. Obviously that wasn't an option. Amy was far too anxious to explore. She would get the both of them killed. Liv decided that they would be better together, and that was that. 

Their first competition of the day would be with the newest conqueror. He was scrawny and came up to them with a wide-eyed expression. 

Newest Conqueror: Wh-why it's the twins! Holy smoke! I cannot phath- wait! My camera! 

He pulls out a rusted vintage camera, if you have the audacity to call it that. -- *snap* *snap* -- The camera's lense fell off of the camera. It turned out that his finger was covering the lense and his sweaty meat-hands weened it off. 

Newest Conqueror: Aw, gee guys I'm sorry, maybe I can come back and we can have a make-up session! 

Twins: Uh-huh. 

Amy: Let's get down to it now, shall we? 

The conqueror digs into his bag and pulls out some pokéballs. -- *plop* *pl* *pl* *plop* -- the balls spilled everywhere. He frantically runs around grabbing them. "God, this guy has the agility of a drunk Spiderman!" the twins thought. They thought together like that a lot. It was some kind of genetic side-effect. One of the balls landed in a Chesto berry bush. Chesto berries have a rather mean presence to those who come near without the intention to pull them from their eternal rest in the ground. From the stem, a swirl of acicular thorns arise, as to stab the one who grabs it my mistake. The conqueror, in his newbie daze, did not know this. With his dumb full-faced grin, he grabs the last ball (a Pikachu ("What a Noob!")). No surprise, the Chesto jabs the conqueror's arms, squeezing until the blood of the doltish boy oozed out. The Chesto feeds of the blood, as a trade for not being freed from the Earth. You can see the blood going through the thorns and into the stem, finally to the tips of the berries. This is what makes a Chesto berry very dry. His arm squirms as it's being seized, but it's no use. He's trapped; done-zo; ka-ploosh. Amy couldn't let this happen, though. Although she knew the kid was a kook, she had to help him. A voice in her head, the voice of her Mom, was telling her. And Amy always listens to her Mom. She starts to the conqueror, not without the rash tug of her sister though. 

Liv: What the heck Amy? He's dead meat! Ha! Let him suffer. 

Amy: Liv, I know, but I can't watch anymore.

Liv: We dominate idiots like these every day! Come on

Amy gets out of the stout grip of her sister and marches on. Liv rolls her eyes. "She's so arrogant!" 

By the time Amy came to the scene, the conqueror looked a bit...different. There was no more toothy grin or eager eyes. He was just empty. His arm had some scars, but no apparent gashes. The Chesto was feasting on his blood still. A small drop of blood dripped from a hole where the thorns were. Amy didn't know that the Chesto-Blood-Sucker was real. She thought it was just some story her Mom told her to get her to stop eating all of the berries. There was something else in the story too...but Amy didn't have the time to try and recall. This kid was in need of help, and Amy, the one who had been craving adventure, was willing to assist. She took him under both of his arms and carried him over to Liv, as if he were a dummy in a first-aid training. She released him at the foot of Liv. 

Liv: Oh God, what's that smell? He didn't smell like that before, did he?

Amy: Liv, drop it. He's hurt. His smell should be the last thing that you should think of. Now what did Mom tell us to do if we hurt someone by mistake?

"'Mistake'...right..." Liv scoffed. 

Amy: Right! I'm so smart! ("shut up!") We have to check his vitals. So uh, Liv, can you adjust his head?

Liv does as she says, mostly because she doesn't want to hear Amy whining about it anymore, and even more, she doesn't want to hear crap from her Mom about it later. As she adjusts his head, the skin of his neck spreads thin. Like, coffee-paper thin. The twins saw his bones and every drip of white saliva from his mouth inching down his scrawny throat. Liv was afraid to move it anymore, in case the skin ripped open like wrapping paper on Christmas morning. 

Amy: Uh, that's not good. Maybe he ate something bad earlier? 

Amy didn't want to admit the thing about the Chesto berry, and it being deadly and all. She should have warned him in the first place, but she didn't want to admit that she wasn't right. 

Liv: No you idiot! He practically dove into the Chestos! Did you not see that? Don't you remember what Mom told us about the Chestos! 

"Crap. She knows I knew." Amy looked down in shame. She could have saved this guy. If she just listened to her Mom, which, 99% of the time she does, this just happened to be that 1%, she could have had a life in debt to her. 

Liv: We're going to have to take the Chesto out of him. It hasn't been very long, so maybe it hasn't started the official digesting, right?

Amy: Right! See Liv I knew you would care once we got into it! 

Well of course Liv cared. It's not that she didn't, it's just that it was unrealistic to help at first. They see tons of hurt people every day. Why help this kid? Maybe it's because of her sister's keen attitude towards mending him, or maybe it's because she had some internal attraction to this specific conqueror. Nevertheless, this guy needed help.

The twins tossed him on his side and cut a slit between his upper-two ribs. Mind you, these girls aren't doctors. They are going off of a pretty decent educated guess. Some puss oozes out of the flesh. "Normal." Then some seeds. "Uhh.." They hadn't even gotten to the stomach yet. Any food or seeds shouldn't be this shallow into the crippling body. The only option now is to go deeper. They cut another layer just to be met by a white film of skin. "I don't remember this in Mom's stories..." More seeds. They're putting the seeds to the side of the body so they can give them to Professor Oak later. Another cut, another layer. Rinse and repeat. The boy is sweating now. 

Amy: You don't think he can...feel this...do you?

Liv: No, of course not Amy. That would be utterly ridiculous. He's unconscious. 

Truth is, Liv had no idea. She was just as concerned and clueless as Amy, but she didn't want Amy to feel vulnerable or weak. His eyes were turning different colours. Like a pattern. Green, blue, white, purple, black, green, etc. "What do they mean?" Another cut. "This must be the stomach, if you can even call it that anymore." It's slimy, a light mauve colour, and it was...breathing? That's what it means when it goes up and down without any other force, right? "Stomachs don't breathe, stupid" Or do they? The girls are disgusted and nervous. They can't have the pressure of some conqueror, with a family and new pokémon, to be left for food for the Mightyenas...

Part Two: Awakening.

Thirty minutes had passed since they dug into this poor guy. Finally the local herb-man walks by, who also happened to be the girls' godfather. Surely he had some helpful herbs on him for the conqueror. How would they explain this to him though? "Word-vomit." "Gross!" Sure enough, the word-vomit prevailed. The twins spoke all at once, like a lake of words, and the dam gave so the words spread like a 100-year-flood. 

Godfather: You guys...pushed him into a Chesto berry plant and sucked his blood? Seriously?

The girls looked at him blankly. Their adrenaline was pumping too fast. There was no time to explain.

Amy & Liv: Yes! Now help him!

Godfather: Well, okay, I'll see what I can do. 

He leans down, pushing the girls aside with his muscular arms. Amy closed her eyes with her now blood-ridden hands. Liv just paced back and forth like a bull waiting to be set free. To be set free? There was nothing holding her back..."Aha! This is my shot! I can get away from this fool I call my sister and leave this sad town!" She knew it was impractical, but if anything, today had showed her how much she needed to leave her sibling. She was holding her back. Liv was wittier, prettier, and she was the more mature one, as shown from the day's situation. Liv slowly inched out of the scene...shyly waving good-bye to her family, or what she had left of it there.

The conqueror woke. 

Conqueror: I smell....

He jumped up with kangaroo legs and ran to the East. 

Amy: Where's Liv? Goddad?

Godfather: She was with you wasn't she chap? 

Amy: Well...yes..no? I don't know! Liv!! Liv!!! Liv he's gone!!!

This was too much for Amy to handle. She fell to the ground. She cried. Her godfather was never very close with them, but he did offer her some soothing herbs to help cope. 

Amy: Help me find her! You have to! She's your responsibility!

Godfather: Amy, one day you will learn more about me, and you will understand my choice. 

He turned around and walked in the direction of his abode. 

Amy: Wait...

Amy cried. She had nothing without her sister. She was practically as dead as the conqueror who she "aided" just hours ago. "Where did Liv go? She was always so scared to leave this Route. Why would she leave now? Is it something I said? Was it the smell? Did she...oh God...fall in love? Gross. Nevermind. Liv is too immature for that."

Part Three: Sleep 

**Three Years Later**

It has been many moons since the twins were separated. The conqueror; no where in sight. Where are they? Amy, she still sits in her spot on ol' Route 117. Every day she asks the passers-by if they have seen her sister. "No, maybe you should try a different town," is always the answer. Amy can't go to a different town. Not without Liv. That was always the plan. They had to go together. The two sisters, a team, partners in crime. It was them against the world. Every day Amy also goes to the old patch of Chestos. There's a small hole into the Earth where they used to be. Amy got the local gardeners to remove the plants to honour her sister and the conquerors tragedy. The hole is fairly shallow, perhaps a small whismur could maybe fit inside. She sighs, turns around and lazily walks back to her spot on the Route. She repeats that day every time she walks it. That's the only reason she does it anymore. 

Upon hearing a faint crack behind her, Amy looks back. On any other day, it's 100% silent and she can think in complete solitude. This is peculiar. She sees paper-white hair sticking like cones out of the hole of the old Chesto. "What kind of plant..." It rises. Amy sees a face only she could recognise - no matter the destruction. Through burns, cuts, tears, gauze, you name it, Amy knew her sister's face. She cries. She doesn't know how to approach her..or it? Is this even her sister anymore? Her posture is that of a moldy cheese-stick, and the only thing she can mutter is a faint grunt. "Whatever, that's my sister!" The right thing to do is to accept her no matter what. That's what her Mom said at least. But look at the mess her Mom's advice got her in. "No, it's time to let go." A more cynical voice comes into Amy's mind. She hadn't heard this one for ages. "She's gone, Amy, move on." Amy wants to, but she can't help but wonder. Wonder if there's a cure or if it's really her sister standing just 15 feet in front of her. Amy walked away. 

~End~

_______

WHAT HAPPENED TO OTHER CHARACTERS IN THE STORY/WHY DID IT END THIS WAY??? 

This ended up being the best choice for Amy. That voice, who Amy could hardly recognise? That was Liv. Liv was with Amy, like she always had been. The twins are inseparable. Come on, you honestly thought they would part for some reason? No, it's the twins. Amy and Liv. Liv and Amy. The twins. Inseparable. The boy? He ended up chasing after Liv because he had a deep attraction to her, and he infected her with the deadly Chesto disease. Liv couldn't make it without Amy after all. Oh well. Life goes on, people move on. 

_______

Author's note: I had to end this story rather quickly because I was nearing the word limit, however I hope my epilogue helped clear some things up. I hope you all enjoyed my story, and thank you so much for reading. It was a joy to write. 

2,414 Words

IGN: NoobQlo

Hope you enjoy it

Spoiler

It was a day just like any other in Verdanturf Town, nothing special at the time, I was capturing Whismur, I had planned to use them for an order for a friend, he had asked me to breed him a Pikachu as perfect as possible with ice hidden power, and I would make 1.7M with that creation.

I wanted to bring up the happiness of a Pichu, I had to continue breeding, so I went to Kanto, to the house of my friend and rival then his sister could groom my Pichu a little to raise its happiness and evolve faster.

Every time I step into my rival’s house I tend to glance at the TV, to see if any interesting Swarm or just to see a program of the same old jokes, I never get tired of the jokes on TV like the Mystery of Jumpeon, the Fat-Be-Gone announcement or bribing the cops with some tea.

But this time what was on the news was something disturbing...

It was some sort of interview; the person whom was being interviewed was Detective Looker. Yes, that star detective we know all, it was here in Kanto.

The interview was about people who had disappeared without a trace in Cinnabar Island.

They gave more details on the missing people, they gave some names, and one I remember perfectly, Noad, the girl I loved but never got to confess what I felt, that news saddened me a lot.

My team and I went to Cinnabar Island to investigate to see if there was anything interesting, there were traces of blood everywhere, there was no one in the laboratory, in the store, or in the PokeCenter. You could see the Chansey that usually accompanies the nurse was out of her place, and when they tried to talk to the Pokemon, all it did was cry.

The second floor was the same, they all disappeared, the sole survivor was a Pidgey, the companion of the mailman, he was stained with blood, and I tried to see if the Pokemon had some clue, but all he did was flying away in terror.

We went to see the Cinnabar gym, it was practically demolished, there were traces of blood, but no one was there. The blood trail always started from where there was a trainer normally placed when you failed a question of one of these strange machines, the traces were as if they had dragged a corpse, at the very end was Blaine or rather part of him.

Two of his legs were severed, one completely and the other to his knee, his left arm was completely broken and lacked part of his hand, his right were thrown open Poké balls, and their Pokemon were out, and very badly injured.

Rapidash was on the floor in agony, he had a severe cut in his stomach, his legs broken and his horn torn out, his Ponyta and Growlite were on the floor, and had no signs of life.

This scene was so revolting that not only sight, but the smell of blood was something nauseating. It was something horrible.

His Pokemon in better condition was his Arcanine, only with a broken leg and a cut on one eye which was dripping blood in a way that seemed it was crying.

His Arcanine was howling for the loss of his trainer, that had been more than that, he was like his father.

Looker and team of police surrounded the place, he looked at my friends and me like suspects

He began to ask us one by one, and I saw my teammates were carried outside the gym, one by one, always escorted. I was alone

The detective went to take Blaine’s pulse, to see if there were signs of life, but just as he took his right hand, because the left one was broken, Blaine began coughing blood.

He could barely whisper a few words after coughing, all he said was us to hurry and get out of here and that whatever we did to not investigate the Pokemon Mansion.

Right after saying those words, he died.

By then Looker asked me to leave the place, that we were not suspects, to not worry because reinforcements where coming to secure the area and that they would take my friends to Pallet Town.

The stench of the place was unbearable, the air felt heavy and dizziness would not stop. If it were not for the detective that kept me up, I would have had to drag myself out of there.

At that moment, I heard gunfire outside, Looker released me. The last thing I remember was as Looker ran to the exit and pulled out his gun, after that, a sudden darkness

When I woke up, I was covered in blood, sitting in a chair. I was at the Poke Center of the island.

Looker sat beside me, waiting for me recover, and did not have a very good face

He said there was a shoot-out, but when he came out, all he saw were footprints heading to the Pokemon mansion, a place that in all honestly I am afraid of, I heard stories that Team Rocket would experiments with Pokemon in that place.

He could not look me in to my eyes, I’m sure he had bad news for me, and I was not wrong to deduce that. My friends were involved in this, and are now missing.

I insisted to him that I wanted to help my teammates, something that he surely would refuse, but he did not give it much thought, he said I was the only reinforcement he had, that when he carried me he saw my gym badges, eight from Kanto and eight form Hoenn, he knew I had potential as a trainer to defend myself, so he agreed for me to help him in the investigation.

Looker gave me a walkie-talkie to keep in touch, told me he wanted to go first to investigate the mansion, I decided to accompany him to the door. He just put one foot in, I listened as he shouted. Did not want to peek, but it was a reflex, the detective disappeared completely

I decided to go inside to take a look, the mansion was a freaking butchery, and it was not just blood on the floor, they were pieces of loose flesh, hats, caps, sunglasses and all kinds of clothes worn by many trainers nearby

As I kept proceeding, the wild Pokemon glance at me and to flee in terror.

I got to the basement, there was a fog that covered the area, as dense as the fog of the Pokemon Tower or Mt. Pyre, but this was no ordinary fog, it was a red haze, color blood.

The area on which I was walking was full of red puddles, and there where remains everywhere you looked, limbs on the floor, hand marks on the walls, and even spines hanging from the wires in the ceiling.

There, in the last part of the basement in the mansion, where he had found the key a while back for the Island gym, I found someone, I saw it was a girl about my age, she was kneeling staring straight at a poke ball. I realized who she was almost instantly, yes, she was Noad.

Behind her was a large pile of meat, a mountain that was about five or six meters high.

Noad had horrible dark circles under her eyes, as if she had not slept for days, very unkempt hair and could not stop laughing softly, telling herself “I must feed him, I must care for him, if not I will end up like them”

When she felt my presence, she turned her head and stared at me, her gaze was scary, her eyes no longer seemed hers, and her eyes were empty, as if she had lost her soul

She got up from where she was and pulled out a poke ball from her belt.

Trainer Noad sent Scout!

Her first Pokemon a Shiny Skitty, the first thing I sent out was a Magcargo, because their defenses are very high, I thought it wouldn’t give me much trouble

Foe Scout used Assist!

Foe Scout used Surf!

A critical hit!

It's very effective!

Magcargo was fainted!

She screwed up the RNG, it was over twenty levels that Skitty.

Go ahead, Pikachu!

It was the Pikachu already developed and trained I had been asked to breed, although in theory it was the only Pokemon I had on me, since the third one was just a Poliwrath level 30 to surfing and steal everstones from wild Geodude and Graveler.

Therefore, using volt tackle would be suicide, because it is a very risky move but I was lucky I had light ball for a lot more damage

Pikachu use Brick Break!

It's very effective!

Noad’s Scout was fainted!

Brick Break was not a move that Pikachu would have originally have, it inherited it through breeding, hidden power ice would go in its place

Trainer Noad sent out Teddiursa!

Another normal type pokemon, pretty easy

Pikachu use Brick Break!

It's very effective!

Noad’s Teddiursa was fainted!

That’s two! I shouted with elation.

Trainer Noad sent Flaming Berd!

A Blaziken, this was going to be a problem, it surely had earthquake, and I did not want to risk using volt tackle

Pikachu flew up high!

Yes, I was asked to put tutor movements from Battle Frontier

Foe Flaming Berd used Earthquake!

But it failed!

Foe Flaming Berd used Endure!

Foe Flaming Berd braced its self!

Pikachu used Fly!

Foe Flaming Berd withstood the blow!

Using Salac Berry, the speed of Foe Flaming Berd rose!

I was not expecting that, but it was prepared in case

Pikachu used Extreme speed!

Noad’s Flaming Berd was fainted!

Trainer Noad sent out Esmeralda!

A Fearow, the only effective movement left was volt tackle; I had no alternative, I must use it

Foe Fearow used Drill Peck!

It's not very effective...

Pikachu’s ability Static activated!

Esmeralda is paralyzed, maybe It can’t move!

Pikachu used Volt Tackle!

It's very effective!

Noad’s Esmeralda was fainted!

I lost like 40% of my HP with that movement

Trainer Noad sent out Starmie!

It was all or nothing, I only had volt tackle as an effective movement, either she falls or we both fall I thought, something must have happened for such carnage.

Foe Starmie used surf!

I survived with 3% of my PS,

Pikachu use Volt Tackle!

It's very effective!

Noad’s Starmie was fainted!

Pikachu was fainted!

She had no more Pokemon; I only had Poliwrath left with me.

NoobQlo won the battle!

Noad fell to her knees and began to cry, despite everything that she did to me, I'm still madly in love with her, and I knew it would ruin me.

I went to comfort her, telling her nothing was going to happen.

-I’m dead- she said

-How? - I did not understand why she said that

-Run, run and do not look back!

I understood perfectly when I saw it

Suddenly a long arm came out of the big pile of flesh behind her to take her away.

She disappeared among all this bloody goo and the goo came to life.

It was a Muk, but Muk an exorbitant size and made of flesh and under it many Grimer out with the same suit that Muk, apparently, he wanted to do the same with me

As quickly as I could I gave my fainted Pokemon Max Revive and began to repel them as quickly as I could

A wild horde appeared!

Magcargo Go!

Magcargo used Earthquake!

It's very effective!

Wild Grimer was fainted!

It's very effective!

Wild Grimer was fainted!

It's very effective!

Wild Grimer was fainteded!

One by one they fell.

I heard Noad’s moans from inside the monstrosity, so I decided to combat and eliminate her at costs

I prepared my items and pokeballs, this is a duel between a wild Pokemon and I, there are no rules that you can’t use objects

A wild horde appeared!

Poliwrath Go!

Poliwrath used surf!

Wild Grimer was fainted!

Wild Grimer was fainted!

Wild Grimer was fainted!

Wild Grimer was fainted!

Wild Muk used block!

Poliwrath can’t escape!

Poliwrath used Thief!

Wild Muk’s Sticky Hold ability annulled Thief!

Wild Muk used ThunderPunch!

It's very effective!

Poliwrath was fainted!

Go Pikachu!

Pikachu used Surf!

Muk used Earthquake!

It's very effective!

Pikachu was fainted!

Your enemy is weak; you can do it Magcargo!

An earthquake from that thing was going to hurt me; it would hurt my Pokemon x4

Magcargo used Rock Slide!

Muk Flinched!

HAX!

Magcargo used Avalanche!

Wild Muk used ThunderPunch!

Magcargo’s Flame Body took effect!

Wild Muk has burned!

Wild Muk is hurt by its burn!

It’s my Opportunity

NoobQlo used Ultra ball!

One, two and...

Oh! Almost caught it!

Wild Muk used stockpile!

Wild Muk Defense rose!

Wild Muk Special Defense rose!

The old reliable purple ball of course!

NoobQlo used Master Ball!

Muk has been caught!

The wild Muk detached its self from Noad leaving her in a pool of blood and human remains that I couldn’t digest in time

I ran to where she laid, her breathing was weak, but she was alive, turning to where the ball dropped my only thought was, as soon as I can I’ll get rid of this thing, I’ll hid the poke ball in a place where no one can ever find it.

It’s been many years since the incident at Cinnabar Island; Noad is with me on the coast of Slateport City, who would have though? Now we’re dating, the Muk I hunted I threw to the sea somewhere in Route 128, my Quagsire used dig under the sea so it could never be found, it’ll be trapped there for an perpetuality

We moved to Lilycove City, the Pikachu from the battle stayed with me, since my friend disappeared into the Pokemon Mansion, Noad’s Skitty was very happy with Pikachu, they’re great partners.

We were watching TV at night, the news; we saw a case that gave us chills

A strange case of red waters near Mossdeep City and Sootopolis City, according to the analysis these waters have hemoglobin content, which is believed to be blood, there are also cases of disappearances at night in the coastal areas of Mossdeep City and Lilycove City for more information stay tuned to Pokemon TV, this is reporter Gabby signing off and wishing you good night.

Spoiler

Noad Gave me permission to use her name and the name of her pokemon

2426 words

Spoiler

DarylDixonTWD will hate me LOL

Here is the link to the original story, of course is my story, english is not my native language, so, was hard to translate it

Original story in spanish

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z4be870nsz148pz/Creepy.docx

Edited by claudiom361
Add links