Quick Tournaments

OrangeManiac

Question

Playing in tournaments is much more rewarding than playing single matches, I think this is something that majority of the playerbase can highly agree with. Now that I've been able to play only 1-2 tournaments / week on average it feels so little. This gave an idea which I thought would be fun. An idea of a "quick tournament" starting whenever there's 16 players queuing for a quick tournament it would instantly begin and the winner would get a small prize of either yen or BP (whichever you feel the most reasonable). When queuing up to the quick tournament I think you should be able to see how many players are queuing for the quick tournament so you have less chance of "waiting for nothing". The main reason I thought quick tournaments are a good idea is that the tournaments time zone wise are very America/Eastern Europe centralized (excluding some random Oceanic now and then) so I thought this would be an option to make able to have people to play tournaments regardless of their time zone. Even on slowest hours I'm sure 16 players could easily fill up.

3 answers to this question

This is a great idea, might make people more inclined to play tiers other than OU, especially if there is a decently sized prize pool.

I highly doubt it, the 16 people that queue for OU matchmaking would just queue for OU tournaments.  Nothing about this really adds an incentive to do other tiers.

Not necessarily against the idea though, something that comes to mind is that the battle dome consists of 16 entries.  Not saying to put it there cause people like to queue from anywhere but it just came to mind when thinking about this.