Will PokeMMO be forever?

ragstal

Usually when it's morning im grabbing my cup of coffee and im sitting down to farm, craft, plant, battle....well my usual routine anyways, and it's been great everyday, and im rarely doin that for a game and rather what most of ppl saying about the game, well some complains and frustration due to additional wanted features to make it more interesting, i still believe this game is worth playing for atleast 2k hours.

But im wondering if the time will come to a point where i will woke up in the morning to make my coffee once again and sit down to play but there wont be anything left there...would be really sad, my usual routine will be gone and the everyday excitment, cus i really enjoying it, i mean...c'mon its pokemon! but will the pokemmo eventually come to a point as well like most of the pr. servers to come to an end?

Well i've been to that stage dozens of times in my previous game experience when it comes to online private projects examples: WoW, WarHammer, Minecraft, Lineage and many more, I thought about it when i read a post with the title it's been a while, lads so it was then when it hit me, to be honest didn't gave it much thought to it before...cus i am enjoying this xD.

So what ya think? how much will it be?

Added some intersting articles to read.

PokeMMO: The (Almost) Impossible Dream

Honest Question: How have you guys not received a DMCA Take Down Request from Nintendo?

Edited by ragstal
more reading material.
14 minutes ago, Draekyn said:

Everything's got to end sometime, grow up

Yea i know...B-But! i don't want it to end!! ;_;

14 minutes ago, Draekyn said:

Also stop posting please

*cringing*

6 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Nothing lasts forever..... except lobsters. Those bloody things apparently are undying.

Hmm...Why? what are you saying?! do you know about Turritopsis dohrnii? this thing is literally undying! it's just absurd and the poor lobster is what bothering you? this is *laughing to meself*

Edited by ragstal
HAHAHAHA
22 minutes ago, redspawn said:

My question right now, is why is 1m0rtal a censured word? o.o 

it's a terrible harry potter fanfiction featuring emo kids and shit

it's the fanfiction that must not be named

to the op, i suppose it's possible that five years from now, the lead dev decides to run a better project.

in which case he'd prob stop updating it and let it run itself.

But the game won't get taken down by nintendo or anyhting since it's totally legal.

so i don't think you have to worry.

Edited by Eggplant
31 minutes ago, Eggplant said:

it's a terrible harry potter fanfiction featuring emo kids and shit

it's the fanfiction that must not be named

to the op, i suppose it's possible that five years from now, the lead dev decides to run a better project.

in which case he'd prob stop updating it and let it run itself.

But the game won't get taken down by nintendo or anyhting since it's totally legal.

so i don't think you have to worry.

Now I'm intrigued

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

My question right now, is why is 1m0rtal a censured word? o.o 

ikr?

51 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Back when PokeMMO started and I started working on it, I gave it a few years tops.

This game's at nearly 5 years since the first commit, so I was obviously wrong there, but more importantly, we have plans for work for at least an additional 2y. Whether it's end-game content like legendaries, porting to Android, or even a new region, we haven't run out of things to do and we're finally working on something that interests me instead of tweaking the core loop in 2-8 month intervals. I'll touch on this a bit more during next fortnight's dev blog.

In regards to what happens after that, I don't know. Desu/Shu don't plan on going anywhere, but dumping a decade of my life into this is something I've been concerned about myself. I work on PokeMMO for selfish reasons, but as long as there are still fans and people who want to see it succeed, I will try my best until I am creatively bankrupt.

lol that was....splendid, im emotionally touched, @Kyu ur bossssss. IM HYPED!!

5 hours ago, Kyu said:

but as long as there are still fans and people who want to see it succeed, I will try my best until I am creatively bankrupt.

Would you be willing to give the community an estimate of the "cost per time" of hosting PokeMMO?
Would you consider hosting PokeMMO indefinitely past its development or possibly let another party continue to host it?

5 minutes ago, SinisterDeity said:

Would you be willing to give the community an estimate of the "cost per time" of hosting PokeMMO?
Would you consider hosting PokeMMO indefinitely past its development or possibly let another party continue to host it?

That's like a second date question m8.

Also @Kyu I am sure people keep playing this game. Maybe not alot of new people join but I know for a fact people will stay. I have been here for 3 years and suprisingly I am still enjoying this game. Even tho not alot of significant new content has been released over the course of 1 year. Nothing major like a new region. But still the amount of work you guys have put into this game this past year has been amazing and if you keep this up people will keep playing. Unless you pull something out of your ass again saying you have lied to us for over a year about a shiny rate. Either way I don't think you should be concerned about this game dying any time soon. Since it's pokemon and alot of nostalgia is involved with it. And one of the reasons people keep playing this game is because of the players.

5 hours ago, Kyu said:

... content like legendaries, porting to Android...

I work on PokeMMO for selfish reasons...

porting to android doesn't mean getting this game on a phone does it? *dreaming* 

legendaries would be super dope i just made a post for a uber PVP queue.

do u get a decent salary from pokemmo?

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

he is the reason we get shiny gulpins as 128 man prize tourneys

help

Swalot is a very competitive mon. Dunno what you mean.

On a more serious note, I'm not involved with staff-run PvP event reward balancing, but there is a reason we do try to scale those back; Too much value attributed to PvP makes it disproportionate to other income sources. If you want to complain, the Event Suggestions & Feedback thread is the proper place though, since I know Noad & Tyrone read that.

19 hours ago, SinisterDeity said:

XD haha that was funny actually.

18 hours ago, ZaoLi said:

porting to android doesn't mean getting this game on a phone does it? *dreaming* 

legendaries would be super dope i just made a post for a uber PVP queue.

do u get a decent salary from pokemmo?

Yea what he meant by saying porting to android means what exactly u understand...be able to play it on ur phone say u have Samsung galaxy S (0.0) *dreaming* altho i prefer my computer but it would be nice to quick log from the mobile to check my berries ᵔᴥᵔ  .

I would not mind see legendaries later on or not, but i'm interested more in small modifications such as having a proper encounter rate window in-game or actually most of the things that @Xatu is usually suggesting and i have to say since i mention his/her nick... i'm impressed about that he/she having those kinds of suggestions because it's really interesting small ideas about small mods and most of em were my thoughts too as well at some point and i'm glad i am not the only one player here that had the same exactly thoughts.

About the 2nd part of your comment @ZaoLi my opinion and thoughts is that i don't think they receiving any huge amounts of funds to be honest and sadly i have to admit... but i think the prices in general regarding the gift shop are just beyond great! i mean ocarina for example is a really tempting item and in Greece to me that 200rp is translated to 2 euros which is really nice because for example in other games! say for example for a consisted gamer like meself!  i'm used to see DLC's for like 10 euros and beyond for minor shitty features (shits in general for huge money) that is absurd for famous game titles if not only that.

Special thanks to Admins

Be the way i wanna say a thank you to ADM @Kyu and @Squirtle ofc ᵔᴥᵔ (which i often see in twitter omega GJ :D) that took some time and read this topic but @Kyu mostly because he gave us his point of view and opinion on the matter and for confessing his intentions about the future on the PokeMMO project.

But i would like him to give us some additional enlightenment if that's alright about some questions goin on in many articles and media i read such as IGN, reddit,  and some random comment I've been encountering on twitter, YouTube from different users and probably even some bloggers i am not aware of about.

PokeMMO gray area

So lets clear of what we actually know so far... we know for one that PokeMMO is actually let the player download the client from the site which is a mod (mod-Modding) for Firered rom (we've seen dozens of those modifications for other games and its nothing illegal to do so since ur putting ur own effort) and since none of the files they distribute are owned  by Nintendo (graphics game data etc.) all good, we should also should mention at that point that it's up to the user to alrdy have the Firered rom copy or at-least that's what it's needed, so with that been said there is no other way to play in PokeMMO without owning some copy of Firered and that's were the PokeMMO project is safe in legal terms (phew) "the gray area" like a reader mention in one of his comments in PokeMMO subreddit and thus donations aren't caught in that gray area for judging, which awesome because that way this project can be supported further more by the community and run online, so let's examine factor No two...which is funding! shall we? ᵔᴥᵔ .

Advertisements

So with the above criteria that had been cleared out through common logic and talk with @Kyu, we now know that IF for some any reason PokeMMO project would had to actually shutdown or placed in standby mode that would by the lack of funding the domain that is hosting the whole project online daily to us players of this community.

And on that matter i'm wondering (and i'm sure i'm not the only one) and i would like to have a clue if not (and i'm totally ok with that) a confirmation if that's too much to ask ofc publicly even here in the forums, about if you know maybe about if it's stands in legal terms... to be having an additional way of acquiring extra funds aside from the e-shop (giftshop) for that cause such like...let's say advertisement!.

Either in other sites or anything in general that i cannot think of now, because we all know ads are one of the best ways nowdays right? ads are everywhere and an easy way so my question is... does the team here is having other ways to fuel the monthly host (i think at'least it's monthly/yearly...usually O.o) other than the giftshop?

and maybe if there is indeed some...because personally i didn't encounter anything yet and i do lurk a lot in gaming sites-forums i have to say, because my thought is that "ok rag you didn't see anything yet because maybe there might be some loop to it".

P.S: Maybe we could help that's all i'm thinking.

"whoa...i should be a blogger hehe"

something to feel hyped :3

Spoiler

Pfff dis is...gr8...my hairs gotten electrified. dem chills.

The Big Rip is a cosmological hypothesis about the ultimate fate of the universe, in which the matter of the universe, from stars and galaxies to atoms and subatomic particles, and even spacetime itself, is progressively torn apart by the expansion of the universe at a certain time in the future. According to the hypothesis

On 10/16/2016 at 0:10 AM, ragstal said:

About the 2nd part of your comment @ZaoLi my opinion and thoughts is that i don't think they receiving any huge amounts of funds to be honest and sadly i have to admit... but i think the prices in general regarding the gift shop are just beyond great! i mean ocarina for example is a really tempting item and in Greece to me that 200rp is translated to 2 euros

Reveal hidden contents

Pfff dis is...gr8...my hairs gotten electrified. dem chills.

Tell that to my last credit card statement, damn tempting outfits of every color =3=

Edited by CCMayhem
  • Zehkar locked this topic